6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Highfather_24

Utd fans on the internet are the worse. So harsh towards a player who was one of our best players last season, got over 35 G+A for us last season, and that's without penalties.

Sure Cavani has had a great start, has attributes Martial doesn't(and vice versa), and is exactly what we needed in terms of squad strength.

But we don't have to shit on Martial, who was one of the best forwards in PL last season, and is going through a rough start to the season. Such a shitty fandom, and yet we take the moral high ground compared to other clubs in terms of fandom.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
His two headers were great - to see a player with that movement in the box is refreshing.

Shite celebration though - nearly as bad as Robbie Keanes :lol:

MetoTTT

So he will be banned or not? We're playing on saturday and still don't know?

Man Utd 1:3 PSG

Zoo

Absolutely gutted for him tbh, played his part in what would have been one of the team goals of the season had Martial converted then almost scored a wonder goal himself against his former team.

I have said before i thought he'd fail here.

I don't anymore, but he wont be our saviour either. His movement is no surprise but the pace he can still play the game at is. He was great today once he settled in to the game.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Some of the runs he makes don't get picked up by our creative players, which needs to change. He was very good tonight and takes no blame for the poor result in my view.

Myrecks

This guy is so good. Seems to see everything clearly. Hope we can rest him appropriately and have him fit for most of the season.

Actually having a forward who makes off-ball runs changes things so much for us, even slow-ish ones.

Cavani shows us the profile of striker we need to be looking for long-term.

Imagine the imporvement we'd have with Haaland - probably the best off-ball mover in the game right now - as well as being lightning fast, strong and clinical.

el3mel

Pretty shame about the chance he missed. Would have been a fantastic goal.

arnie_ni

Anytime i used to randomly watch psg he seemed to miss so many chances so I didn't really know to expect but he's so good.

I actually forgot what having a top class striker was like.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
As I previously said, you can't expect Cavani to be as good at passing as he was during the last PL game, it's just not his thing and he was overperforming in that respect. But he could have definitely scored tonight. It would have hurt.

Bwuk

The chip was extremely unlucky. He had a lot of good moments.

predator

Youth NITK
Imagine that chip was, what? 20cm lower?, we would have sailed through. He wouldve got his 50th CL goal, motm, lauded by everyone.

Football kills you at times.

kundalini

Shame about the chip that hit the bar. Lovely touch in the move that led to Martial's big chance at the start of the 2nd half. Apart from that, Cavani didn't seem to be involved that much. Almost got a touch to a dangerous cross from Rashford.

Obiorahking_

What I like about him is how good he is in possession. Doesn't force anything and allows the game to come to him. He didn't even do a whole lot today tbh but could have had a goal/assist.

Grande

Had a good game, the most baffling thing Ole did tonight was taking him off.
He impressed me very much in his build up play. Had any one of our other three attackers showed half of his quickness of thought and precision today, we would have walked it.

Not so baffling if he was out of steam after 80 mins of that pressing.

Devil may care

He impressed me very much in his build up play. Had any one of our other three attackers showed half of his quickness of thought and precision today, we would have walked it.

Not so baffling if he was out of steam after 80 mins of that pressing.
Was he out of steam? I honestly didn't think he looked tired and our attacking shape went to pieces when he came off.

Grande

Was he out of steam? I honestly didn't think he looked tired and our attacking shape went to pieces when he came off.
I don’t know, but I would half expect it. I agree it hurt our attacking shape, which had more to do with them throwing all bar one behind the ball and Greenwood and Ighalo moving out of position to help us get the ball up (wrong choice at that point).

Devil may care

I don’t know, but I would half expect it. I agree it hurt our attacking shape, which had more to do with them throwing all bar one behind the ball and Greenwood and Ighalo moving out of position to help us get the ball up (wrong choice at that point).
Yeah, Mason seemed to think he was going to his usual spot on the RW so we he had no one up top, which is why I think Ole threw Igalho on but he didn't really have time to get into the game.

Irwin99

He's made an impressive start. Loved his workrate and link up play.

Think PSG might have let him go too soon. I'd pick him over Kean any day.

MS4

So, i assume he won't get banned?
I mean, we would have to it by now, they can't tell us <24h before WestHam game that he is banned, can they?

Web of Bissaka

Oh so good, so that's how it felt like having a top class natural Centre Forward. Aah.

He brings out the best of everyone else, just as Zlatan once did while his three "successors" failed to do.
Lukaku stiffness, Rashford's failed tryouts and Martial inconsistencies are nightmare to watch for oh so many seasons.

Thank you Cavani. Football is a lot more fun again at United.

Myrecks

He's made an impressive start. Loved his workrate and link up play.

Think PSG might have let him go too soon. I'd pick him over Kean any day.
Well they did offer him a contract to come back making less wages I believe, and he decided to go.

superdry

touched by a genius
He has shown the limitations of the rest of our attacking players.

Coops73

Has to be a starter again on Saturday, playing so much better than Martial and Rashford and that chip was so unlucky.

Exciting to watch, hope he keeps it up because he’ll definitely bag a few for us.

Real Name

He's such an ace and oozes class so much. I said it before but will say it again, its an absolute joy to watch him play. Makes the right moves, the right runs and applies himself 100 percent. You can see how much he enjoys himself while playing. It's such a good thing he's in form and he deserves another start on Saturday. He should be one of the 1st names on a teamsheet really.

Status
Not open for further replies.