Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

432JuanMata

That was NET he was demanding in Italy.

225k euros net is a shit load more than 200k pounds gross.

United reportedly got 200k Gross with a 1 + 1 contract, which is a significant drop in his demands both in wage and contract length.
Alright Net ? :lol::lol:. He is never getting that tax in Italy and UK is like 40% so he wanted 400,000+ of Juventus ? I admire he confidence and balls to try it

Idxomer

It's weird he was in advance talks with Benfica, in a different year he would've found few clubs meeting his demands.

432JuanMata

It's weird he was in advance talks with Benfica, in a different year he would've found few clubs meeting his demands.
Yeah Coronavirus killed loads of teams budgets. Sure according to reports the top 2 in Spain are broke when it comes to transfers etc

Stacks

That was Suárez at his peak so you could argue it was, but these things do get to him far more than they should. There's no doubt in my mind he was far happier and more focused on his football at Barca, no random biting incidents for starters. I know that was a year later but throughout his time at Liverpool that spotlight made him determined but also got him easily frustrated when things weren't going his way.
you could see he wanted out. Plus his sweetheart lived in Barcelona

Ibi Dreams

So far a really good signing. If he keeps it up we should really look at having him for longer. When you look at what Ibrahimovic is doing now, it feels like we let him go too early and he still could have been a big player for us. I kinda hope we don't do the same with Cavani. He looks really fit and sharp when he plays

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I know it's an overused word when speaking about Cavani but his movement is a breath of fresh air, one of the most infuriating traits we have with our attackers is how static they can be, waiting for a pass, they've got a bit better over the years but still when you compare Rashford and Martial's movement to Cavani it's night and day, such an intelligent forward who just has that predatory instinct,

I really hope Greenwood studies this guy in training, i don't want to jump the gun but i already see improvements to his movement and i wonder if that is him watching Cavani, he nearly scored a fantastic header last night that was very Cavani'esque
I thought the same! It seems completely implausible that Martial will learn from Cavani, they’re just too different. Rashford maybe as he just seems to soak up information but he also has a completely different focus. Greenwood already has those same core instincts and general focus so he could evolve a lot just by watching Cavani. Difficult to know if he’s eager to learn though!

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I thought the same! It seems completely implausible that Martial will learn from Cavani, they’re just too different. Rashford maybe as he just seems to soak up information but he also has a completely different focus. Greenwood already has those same core instincts and general focus so he could evolve a lot just by watching Cavani. Difficult to know if he’s eager to learn though!
A few weeks back vs Southampton when we were all saying "none of our other forwards would score those goals". I would expect Greenwood to have arrived at the same conclusion, so that attempt is a promising sign.

So far a really good signing. If he keeps it up we should really look at having him for longer. When you look at what Ibrahimovic is doing now, it feels like we let him go too early and he still could have been a big player for us. I kinda hope we don't do the same with Cavani. He looks really fit and sharp when he plays
we did the right thing because of his injury. Unfortunately it meant we got the worst possible replacement.

hopefully he and the player are happy to review on a year by year basis.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Thoughts on Cavani's performances so far? @antohan
Not surprised in the least bit. I've been saying since ~2016 he was now more important to the Uruguay NT than Suarez. Devastated he got injured vs. Portugal (Cavani brace) at the last World Cup, it was as much WC over as it was with Suarez in 2014. France would have had a game in their hands.

Everyone praising him for what we've known all along: being a focal point for the attack, his movement and natural goalscoring instincts, his drive and workrate (seriously? there hasn't been a lazy Uruguayan since Recoba)... He has been doing that for a decade. Sure, you can find games with several missed chances: that comes along with getting yourself into goalscoring positions far more often than most strikers. He is a class act, his instinctive finishing has always been exceptional and that's something age is hardly going to affect. If anything experience will keep getting him in the right place at the right time, while he will find himsef in less situations whereby he is utterly free and with options. With options I still prefer Suarez all day long, it's at the instictive off-the-cuff finish he has always been formidable.

Last edited:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
A few weeks back vs Southampton when we were all saying "none of our other forwards would score those goals". I would expect Greenwood to have arrived at the same conclusion, so that attempt is a promising sign.
100%!

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
2 bans? :lol:

Is it worth us just running him into the ground for a few weeks? :lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Our best striker. Wish we could start him more.

Santos J

Should've come on earlier and really should be our starting 9 for now going forward.

el3mel

I have nothing else to say about the big man. I know he would do something once he stepped on the pitch. His effect on us is immediate and immense.

He has become one of my most favorite players in the team. I'm really glad I got my excitement about him coming right. When we were linked first to him, I thought it might be problem but when he was about to come I posted everywhere that I'm suddenly extremely excited about him playing with our shirt! Glad he's making it count.

Fantastic player and top class striker.

Superunknown

The only criticism I have against him is his age, which obviously impacts his ability to start a run of games. Although, you wouldn't guess that from how he conducts himself on the pitch, as he never stops moving.

We need to find a player who is younger than him, as consistent as he is and who can perform like he does. I am not convinced at all that Martial is that player.

GMoore23

Him and Bruno are showing you win feck all with kids. Martial, Rashford etc are just pretenders until they prove otherwise.

Idxomer

We didn't involve him enough after coming on but he showed his class with the assist.

Last edited:

MetoTTT

Thank to Ole to not starting him! :wenger: Rash, Tony and Pogba will "walk" in any team!

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
He clearly did well when he came on, but I still don't think it'd make sense to have started him. We set up to counter with pace, which is one of the few areas he isn't blessed with. He's very effective to come on when the game has become stretched or when we're likely to dominate a team in their own defensive third.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He clearly did well when he came on, but I still don't think it'd make sense to have started him. We set up to counter with pace, which is one of the few areas he isn't blessed with. He's very effective to come on when the game has become stretched or when we're likely to dominate a team in their own defensive third.
Yeah, I think our squad works very well being able to introduce him to change the game or start him and have players come off the bench. He's being used perfectly IMO.

Strats

Should be starting from now on. There is no question about it considering the state of our other so called strikers

Status
Not open for further replies.