6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

HowieC

Its a shame we didn’t acquire cavani at a younger age. He’s been surplus to psg’s requirements for quite awhile and could have led the line for us as the main striker for several years if he came say 3 years earlier.

El Zoido

Underrated performance today. Not his best day in front of goal but he kept their back two occupied all game, and dropped back to win us possession on multiple occasions. Great player to have in the squad.

His work-rate and desire - as a 34 year old, with nothing to prove, with no connection to the club - puts our other forwards to absolute shame.

Game intelligence is also next level.

el3mel

Good effort but I thought quality wise he was pretty poor today. Most of his touches were off.

Matt851

His work rate is excellent even if he wasnt the best in general play. Feel like his most impactful performances have come of the bench but this maybe incorrect

3KDré

He’s very clever at winning the ball back. Did it three times for us and set us straight onto a counter attack.

SeanyC

If only we had signed in a few years back...proper forward, his runs, pulling defenders away to ope space is brilliant! Fed on scraps tonight but love his work rate and more goals will come

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Thought it was one of his poorer games today but on a few occasions he defended well nicking second balls here and there so did a job tonight.

SeanyC

Thought it was one of his poorer games today but on a few occasions he defended well nicking second balls here and there so did a job tonight.
He was fed on scraps man...think he did rather well, better deliveries and some luck more goals from him will come

Idxomer

He was defensively great but found it weird that his teammates were treating him as a target man.

All those floating balls to him were needless.

Good energy, inconsistent quality on the ball. Snatched at a few chances he should've done better with, although he really wasn't getting the service he should've been. I'm feeling a Cavani goal against Liverpool

Andi Latte

I genuinely am impressed by his workrate and general application. Nothing like the feckers that came before ala Sanchez, Falcoa etc. I just feel he's half a second too slow in his actions most of the time. Which is understandable, mind, coming from France and Italy before that, neither of which are renowned for the explosive pace in their respective leagues. His first touch isn't all that much either.

I really don't see him as better than Martial, so he should not start ahead of him, as many seem to think. Did he even have a shot on goal today? He's suited as an impact sub, when there is space for him, preferably when we're up front already. Otherwise his aforementioned limitations make it hard for him to impact the game at all. And that's absolutely ok at 34.

If Martial had put on a performance like Cavani did today at No. 9, he would've been slaughtered on here. Ok, he could've got an assist there at the end but overall I think he was not that much of an asset today, as he rarely is when starting.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I thought he played well, was popping up everywhere, Burnely couldn't pin him down. I really like him, he's got a very obvious "been there, done that" quality and it gives him a fantastic on-field presence. Really good signing so far.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
I love how irrespective of his age he still has the desire to run the opposite way to help us defend. He'll sharpen up with more game time, need him on the pitch for every minute he is physically capable of and glad he is proving to be as important to the team as he is.

ForeverRed1

Hope we keep him past this season. Love him, his attitude, his hunger. He’s also abit of a Cnut and a pest for the opposition which is lovely to see .. love this guy.

What a free signing he turned out to be!

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Created chance for himself and for Martial, should've been a red for foul on him.

He seems the only forward we have who understands the space and how much time he has on the ball.

kundalini

I like the way he stole possession at least twice during the match. His touch seems a bit erratic. Got the ball to Martial for the big chance late on but perhaps a bit too much spin on the pass. Left foot shot wide after a corner wasn't great. Failed to get a good connection on a shot from Martial's cross. Cavani's volley blocked from Pogba's header in the first half. Then the long VAR after he was fouled by the last man, only for Shaw's earlier foul to determine events. On another day he'd probably either scored or had an assist out of that selection of opportunities.

Devil81

Love him as a player and his work rate was appreciated tonight.

Think we will see the best of him in the games he can get more space.

Sunday is perfect for him to be fair because Liverpool play with a high line and let's face dafrs, it's either kids or midfielders in their defence.

The Original

I like the way he stole possession at least twice during the match. His touch seems a bit erratic. Got the ball to Martial for the big chance late on but perhaps a bit too much spin on the pass. Left foot shot wide after a corner wasn't great. Failed to get a good connection on a shot from Martial's cross. Cavani's volley blocked from Pogba's header in the first half. Then the long VAR after he was fouled by the last man, only for Shaw's earlier foul to determine events. On another day he'd probably either scored or had an assist out of that selection of opportunities.
You have to remember he's not had the luxury of playing very frequently, and he's been out for months before this.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Cavani pressing is insane. No way you can tell he is 33 year old. He makes Martial and Rashford look lethargic in pressing. One of the best signing made by Ole.

Cavani pressing is insane. No way you can tell he is 33 year old. He makes Martial and Rashford look lethargic in pressing. One of the best signing made by Ole.
A 35 year old ran the marathon in under 2 hours last year. No idea why anyone thinks being able to work hard at 33 is something remarkable.

Delighted with Cavani, so much passion.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
A 35 year old ran the marathon in under 2 hours last year. No idea why anyone thinks being able to work hard at 33 is something remarkable.

Delighted with Cavani, so much passion.
To be fair, football is a really high impact activity. Over the course of a playing career this and injuries can really do a number on a player in their 30s. Cavani looks fit as a fiddle, though. I'm glad he's in the squad.

Pughnichi

Finishing aside, I thought he was brilliant tonight. His movement is unbelievable. When we’re busy recycling the ball around the box, he’s literally always moving...back out and in, pulling his defender all over. It’s great to watch.

His work rate is quality as well. Plenty of interceptions tonight tracking back and helping recover possession on half way.

Awareness (and application) throughout, specifically for that Martial chance. He’s a great addition.

Outside of his brilliant team performance, he did leave his shooting boots at home.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
His attitude is top notch and he really works hard. We need him to find his shooting boots against Liverpool.

Robbie Boy

Thought he led the line well considering we really struggled to create anything meaningful. Was always going to be that sort of night playing such a shit-house side.

Status
Not open for further replies.