Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I like his attitude. This is what I like from my striker, if you can’t score then work your socks off put pressure on defense. However, I think he will be more suitable for sub impact player in majority our upcoming games since I feel like today during 0-0, I look at our bench and it doesn’t look right that players we can bring is only VDB or teenager Greenwood to change the game.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Only got good things to say about him but he's a top tier bench option generally.

Attitude is fantastic.

I like his attitude. This is what I like from my striker, if you can’t score then work your socks off put pressure on defense. However, I think he will be more suitable for sub impact player in majority our upcoming games since I feel like today during 0-0, I look at our bench and it doesn’t look right that players we can bring is only VDB or teenager Greenwood to change the game.
I see your point - but disagree. His season has been stop/ start so far, very disruptive.I think he’s a started, and it’s either Rashford or Martial that drop out at the moment and provide the firepower from the bench.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I see your point - but disagree. His season has been stop/ start so far, very disruptive.I think he’s a started, and it’s either Rashford or Martial that drop out at the moment and provide the firepower from the bench.
Either way, Cavani is probably likely going to be limited in the league games when Europa league starts and also the FA Cup starts again. The guy can’t play twice a week in my opinion. I’ve seen his poor performance vs west ham after playing so well 90 minutes against Istanbul, 100% due to fatigue.

Either way, Cavani is probably likely going to be limited in the league games when Europa league starts and also the FA Cup starts again. The guy can’t play twice a week in my opinion. I’ve seen his poor performance vs west ham after playing so well 90 minutes against Istanbul, 100% due to fatigue.
I dont disagree with that. Hopefully the EL is irrelevant to us

Eternitiy

I've always admired him, but I wish we'd signed him earlier in his career. He would have combined well with Rooney.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Really like the enthusiasm he's shown since coming here. Saw him trying to wake up Rashford before the start of the second half. Tried but was unsuccessful! Here's a player who has won a lot in his time yet still outshines Rashford and Martial when it comes to the will to win. Love his constant closing down on the opposition, something his teammates can't be bothered with. One of those players we would have wished for when he was at his peak. Unfortunately it's the same old story of only bringing in the best when they're past it, crocked, or both.

Jonno

A tap in away from a perfect CF performance? You sure about that?
A perfect CF performance against Burnley, is combatting against huge CB's for 90 mins, pressing from the front, high energy, making the most from feeding off scraps, linking up play from the midfield, and getting a goal.

So yes, having checked again, I'd say he was a tap in from a perfect CF performance under the circumstances.

Robertd0803

There was a bit in injury time that summed up his attitude perfectly, on the halfway line one of the Burnley players hoofs it well over his head towards the box and Cavani swings his hand up to try block it, would have been the most blatant yellow card of the season :lol:

FujiVice

Looked very frustrated with the supply last night. He looked buzzing to go after his suspension and was determained to get 3 points on the board. An absolute leader.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Looked very frustrated with the supply last night. He looked buzzing to go after his suspension and was determained to get 3 points on the board. An absolute leader.
I feel like Bruno is always looking to play it into him even if there's an easier/better option on.

There was a couple of times when he made a run but nobody played the ball because it was beyond their capabilities (players like Maguire, Bailley, Shaw, Matic) so they just played a short pass which allowed Burnley to regain their shape.

One thing we need to work on is playing the ball to Cavani when he's making a run and those balls also have to come from players who aren't Fernandes or Pogba.

Raven

A perfect CF performance against Burnley, is combatting against huge CB's for 90 mins, pressing from the front, high energy, making the most from feeding off scraps, linking up play from the midfield, and getting a goal.

So yes, having checked again, I'd say he was a tap in from a perfect CF performance under the circumstances.
I disagree.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He did well, his pressing is a big asset to us even on days he isn’t at his sharpest

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Won the ball well, good anticipation and acceleration. Also great how he directly played the high ball to Martial. Others would have maybe tried to control the ball, killing off a good chance.
Maybe he should have done a bit better in 1 or 2 situations in front of the goal, but overall a solid performance in a difficult game.

jem

Tbf don't think he's at the level required to be our no1 striker. Works hard though I'll give him that!
Cavani is definitely at the required level - the question is if he is at the right age. He does a lot more than work hard, although it is so refreshing to see how hard he works.

GMoore23

Looked a bit rusty last night which is to be expected but fantastic workrate as always. We really should be on the lookout for the next Cavani. This is the type of striker that will have us challenging for the title year in year out.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Loved Cavani’s battle with Tarkowski last night. Took him on in every sense and gave him plenty to think about.

There was more than a touch of Mark Hughes to his display.

Pity he lacked a bit of sharpness in front of goal but hopefully that will be remedied on Sunday.

RuudTom83

I felt there was a few too many CF on the pitch at once last night, so they got in each others way a bit...but his movement always gives the opposition something to thing about.

simplyared

Loved Cavani’s battle with Tarkowski last night. Took him on in every sense and gave him plenty to think about.

There was more than a touch of Mark Hughes to his display.

Pity he lacked a bit of sharpness in front of goal but hopefully that will be remedied on Sunday.
Not sure he won the battle with Tarkowski. An old school CB who gave him a reminder in the opening minutes he'd give him a rough ride. Reckon Tarkowski won the battle tbf.

ChaddyP

Is 33 really that old? Jamie Vardy is 34, plays every game and still outpaces the majority of players in the league. We talk about Cavani like he's in his 40s
he has an old hard face. looks like he could be my dad and im a year older than him

Looked a bit rusty last night which is to be expected but fantastic workrate as always. We really should be on the lookout for the next Cavani. This is the type of striker that will have us challenging for the title year in year out.
there are so few no 9’s these days. It’s why Haaland will be in massive demand when he goes from DVB.

everyone wants to play as an inside left forward.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert

I agree. Great movement for 90 min. Rashford, Bruno and Martial did not give him much help yesterday.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Not sure he won the battle with Tarkowski. An old school CB who gave him a reminder in the opening minutes he'd give him a rough ride. Reckon Tarkowski won the battle tbf.
You win some and you lose some. Tarkowski is a tough cookie. Good to see a United Centre Forward taking the fight to him.

amsoUG

Work rate is good, his touch can be good and bad. His ability on the ball is very suspect, very.
I would still rather watch a lazy Ronaldo, a lazy Rivaldo, a lazy Dinho, a lazy Messi, a lazy Neymar than hardworking Heskeys with little ability on the ball.

Nonetheless, Cavani and Pogba are very crucial for our title run - can't trust Martial, Rashford and Bruno (zeal is not enough) - they have never won anything big to bank on.

Last edited:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Did nothing but looked like he wanted it more than Rashford and Martial. When people poo poo body language, this is what it shoud look like.
He has no service, he looks decent when he gets involved in the play but his teammates are rarely looking for him.

hp88

Looked like a bigger threat than Rashford and Martial today, would rather give him an hour and bring him off.

el3mel

Did more in half an hour more than the combined total of what Rashford and Martial did the whole game.

Felt so fecking bad for him when he was running in space just to see Rashford running aimlessly with the ball till he lost it. If I were him, I would have honestly went and slapped Rashford on his face after this ball to wake him up.

luke511

Not a coincidence our best football came after Cavani came on. Fabinho and Henderson had nothing to do up until that point.

Not got the agility anymore for that game, he was chasing shadows a bit. Still, should have had a 1v1 where you'd back him to score. Thanks Marcus.

mu4c_20le

Thought he was our best attacker actually, really good touches and decision making, shame he's not got the stamina anymore

Sylar

He was good when he came on. Sharp and can see him starting next game

Status
Not open for further replies.