Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Missed two great chances and it’s annoying but at least he’s getting in those positions. I’d take that over an attacker flouncing about as far away from goal and physical challenges as possible.

Exactly. Rather a player missed those chances than go 90 minutes without having a chance

Canagel

Not fair to blame him for the open goal chence. The ball was played in with too much speed at close distance which made it difficult to direct the shot on the goal. If the ball was rolled in it was a easy tap in

Should have done better with the volley on the cross

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Makes me wonder if fans actually know that games tonight from Cavani aren't exactly anything new.

Jacob

Two sitters but at least he gets in the 6 yard box to attempt them.
First was to hard for him to react to and second was behind him. He did well to get into those positions. But yeah, any other day and one of D them would've been in.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He’s better than the martial of this season (not hard really) but he’s levels below the martial of the 6 months at the end of last season. If we had that player playing this season we would be comfortably top. Looks like Martial may never regain that form though so perhaps we have to look elsewhere.

Rockets Redglare

Not sure he's worthy of the wankfest from pundits and the media, i watch every game and he looks pretty ordinary to me.
I was waiting for this to start. He’s head and shoulders above any of our other strikers, even when he has a quieter game.

NinjaFletch

The second one is difficult chance and he's done well to get as good a contact on it as he did.

The first one is an absolute sitter.

Unfortunately, it's the sort of chances that Cavani has routinely missed in his career and why I was always against a massive money move for him when he was at his peak. Still, he's shown the need for a no 9.

Superunknown

Very frustrating game from him. Should have got a goal or two. It's annoying because I feel that he was brought in to win games such as this.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Objective responses guys, bravo! :rolleyes:

He's a good sub, but he doesn't support our play overall and his finishing is not proficient.

And slighter better than Falcao is what? The player who could barely run or stay on his feet.

Cavani makes runs and his finishing has never been consistent but he’s better as our striker than anyone else at the club currently

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That was always his only problem even in his prime. He was known as wasting chances, never clinical. Should have finish one those chances, point blank.

Dan_F

Makes me wonder if fans actually know that games tonight from Cavani aren't exactly anything new.
Definitely not. If you listened solely to the English press you’d think he’s some kind of RVN clinical striker. I haven’t watched much of him outside of the champions league, but if there’s one thing he has never been considered by those that do, it’s clinical.

He should have scored the one that came from the left, and I’m not really sure about the overhead. It was Martial’s to call, but who knows if he did.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If you think about it, for all of Cavani's effort, he should've scored against Fulham, Liverpool and tonight. We've been bigging him up and, no doubt we need a proper number 9, but he has not been burying them for us lately. All very well and good getting in the right areas, we've definitely missed that kinda forward. You gotta score when you get there though. Chasing centre backs is great and all but your centre forward needs goals, as we've been telling the Scousers about Firmino for some time...

UncleBob

I was waiting for this to start. He’s head and shoulders above any of our other strikers, even when he has a quieter game.
Thought he was bobbins today, non-existing apart from those two chances, Arsenal defence comfortable against him

Robaldo

And slighter better than Falcao is what? The player who could barely run or stay on his feet.

Cavani makes runs and his finishing has never been consistent but he’s better as our striker than anyone else at the club currently
I think Cavani's movement is great and I think it's a great trait for a forward to find chances; if he doesn't have the agility or accuracy to finish then it doesn't count for anything though.

Greenwood should have started today, or at the very least been subbed on early in the second half.

LJJT

Must have boiling piss the number of times a team mate does not pass to him so he can finish for us.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Not sure he's worthy of the wankfest from pundits and the media, i watch every game and he looks pretty ordinary to me.
Feel the same. It says a lot about United that the year is 2021 and that a supposed point of excitement is that we have a post-injury Edinson Cavani cast-off up front.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's obviously playing better than Martial and Rashford so deserves to be starting, but that's more because those two are struggling so much rather than Cavani himself being particularly good. He shows good workrate and movement but that's about it. Some of the praise he's had has been over the top, although he also shouldn't be getting too much criticism either.

DevTheRed

Unfortunately one of those days for him, I still think he should be starting purely for the fact that he does get into those positions, and he works just as hard as anyone else in the team.

On another day he finishes at least one of those chances and he’s a hero. Stick with him.

Fluctuation0161

Unfortunately one of those days for him, I still think he should be starting purely for the fact that he does get into those positions, and he works just as hard as anyone else in the team.

On another day he finishes at least one of those chances and he’s a hero. Stick with him.
Totally agree.

Devil may care

He's gonna punch Martial or Rashford soon, he's an old fashi9ned #9 with great workrate and average all round play, he needs service into the 18 yard box.

Bobski

Clearly dropped off from the level he was at 3-4 years ago, still good, with great movement but not quite the energy that was so striking in his prime. We really need Martial to pick up because I don't think we can be starting Cavani twice a week,

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Feel the same. It says a lot about United that the year is 2021 and that a supposed point of excitement is that we have a post-injury Edinson Cavani cast-off up front.
Presumably it’s something to do with the important goals he’s scored. Plus his amazing work-rate and clever movement. His good all round performances probably a factor do.

Has the world gone mad?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.