6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
His Instagram is happy for the win and first goal at OT. Thats it.
He is so used to winning big in the League this was just another win for him:lol:
No, he’s just fecking terrified of saying something that will get him banned.

RUCK4444

Any video compilations of that first half from him? Some of the flicks and link up were class.

What a player, absolutely gutting that we didn't get him 5 years earlier. He's made for this league.

Jonno

He can probably keep playing at this level for a few more years.

I remember Larsson coming, Van Persie, Zlatan, I remember the Rooney drop off.....

They all lost their peak match fitness. They had to stop running off the ball to maintain their fitness for the moments that mattered in games. Zlatan for example, I loved him, he was world class, but he had to put all of his energy in scoring the goals, RVP was similar towards the end.

Cavani is outrunning, out pressing people half his age. He is a different animal. He won't lose this side of his game. He reminds me of Giggs at 33. He still had legs till he was about 36-37 and even then he was useful in a cameo capacity.

I suspect this freak of a player will maintain peak fitness for a couple more years at least. Its the equivalent of signing a 27-28 year old none-freak striker. :lol:

I'm 33 and I played footy for years at amateur level but packed it in about 4 years ago. I'm thinking, christ, maybe I should get on the treadmill, what an inspiration of a man.

Craig Ward

Superb CF. Shows what we have been lacking there for a few years.

Martial can be a good player on his day, Rashford is a good player but Cavani shows them both up - a proper CF who leads the line by example.

Works his arse off fair play to him

gormless

Hope he stays on as a coach for us when he finally decided to retire.

Hilarious how some people thought we only signed him to babysit Pellestri
I’ll hold my hands up, I thought he was a classic Ed signing. Big name, flashy, here for a pay cheque. He’d be linked to us for years and the Caf almost universally responded with “No thanks.”

He’s been great

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
At the end of summer window, Athletic voted him to be the worst signing of the season.
:lol: Hope they have another £1 fire sale subscription that nobody buys

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This signing would've been worth it even if it was just for Martial, Greenwood and Rashford to learn movement from him. He's been a lot more than just a mentor though, his effort and class has been apparent all season.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Any video compilations of that first half from him? Some of the flicks and link up were class.

What a player, absolutely gutting that we didn't get him 5 years earlier. He's made for this league.
Just about to post that. What a shame there's no crowd to be roaring in appreciation. I was purring at the quality in his link up play.There was one with the outside of the boot that bent into the winger's path:drool:

Banana Republic

Great hold up play and fantastic intelligent lay-offs when we’re starting an attack after turning over possession in our own half, or playing out from a goal kick.
He’s fighting for the ball and immediately laying it off or passing, before getting closed down or tackled.
I can’t see any of our other forwards doing that.

Fluffed his lines a couple of times in the box, with shooting chances, but his sharpness will come back if he plays and can keep fit.
I can’t wait for Cavani to get into double figures, because you just know all the goals will be quality.

Sylar

Scored from Shaws assist but not AWB. Racist

But anyway top striker performance and glad he got a goal! Hopefully fit enough for the weekend even if it's off the bench

Stormrage101MUFC

He can probably keep playing at this level for a few more years.

I remember Larsson coming, Van Persie, Zlatan, I remember the Rooney drop off.....

They all lost their peak match fitness. They had to stop running off the ball to maintain their fitness for the moments that mattered in games. Zlatan for example, I loved him, he was world class, but he had to put all of his energy in scoring the goals, RVP was similar towards the end.

Cavani is outrunning, out pressing people half his age. He is a different animal. He won't lose this side of his game. He reminds me of Giggs at 33. He still had legs till he was about 36-37 and even then he was useful in a cameo capacity.

I suspect this freak of a player will maintain peak fitness for a couple more years at least. Its the equivalent of signing a 27-28 year old none-freak striker. :lol:

I'm 33 and I played footy for years at amateur level but packed it in about 4 years ago. I'm thinking, christ, maybe I should get on the treadmill, what an inspiration of a man.
I'm not surprised, apparently ballet is a massive hobby of his, must be great for maintaining top-notch physical health/mobility.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Cavani being better than Martial isn't something up for debate really. Martial is a good player on his day (like today) but he'll be lucky to have a career as good as Cavani's.
While that's true, Martials performances in the last 6 months of last season were better than anything Cavani has produced and culminated in some of the best attacking play we have seen this team play.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The commentators last night did make me chuckle on one occasion where he suggested that the United fans will adore Cavani when they're let back into the games.
I'm thinking, Cavani (likely) isn't going to be here when the crowds comeback in, mate.
Now, that depresses me. :lol:

Crashoutcassius

Would we rather keep him on or sign a striker which would probably be at the expense of a winger , centre mid or centre back since we aren't signing all 4

Raven

Imagine watching a 9-0 win for your team and being a tad aggravated that the commentators are heaping praise on your number 9.

All because the other striker in the squad is your favourite.

There’s nowt so queer as folk.
I'm also a tad aggravated that Fred never gets any credit from the commentators whilst McTominay is praised like he's the second coming. It's taken Shaw becoming world class to get any praise as well.

These things contribute to narratives amongst fans.

RUCK4444

Just about to post that. What a shame there's no crowd to be roaring in appreciation. I was purring at the quality in his link up play.There was one with the outside of the boot that bent into the winger's path:drool:
Yeah some of the link up from him was pure filth :drool:

There must be a YouTube vid by now. I’ll have a look.

croadyman

Would we rather keep him on or sign a striker which would probably be at the expense of a winger , centre mid or centre back since we aren't signing all 4
Yeah think I would rather keep him on next season and get two of the other three positions as still think it would be difficult to get all those in this COVID affected market we are operating in

Champagne Football

His diving header equaliser away to Southampton 2 months ago with 15 minutes to go, is my favourite moment of the season so far, and set the wheels in motion for a winning run that left us top of the league for a while.

It's a pity the fans are not there to sing his name. He deserves all the love he will get when fans return.

el3mel

While that's true, Martials performances in the last 6 months of last season were better than anything Cavani has produced and culminated in some of the best attacking play we have seen this team play.
In his overall career ? Of course that's not true at all really.

For United ? Maybe but Cavani is just getting started here while this was Martial's 5th season at United.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
In his overall career ? Of course that's not true at all really.

For United ? Maybe but Cavani is just getting started here while this was Martial's 5th season at United.
yeah sorry, I should have made that clear I meant at Utd. Its all well and good saying it's his fifth season but he's only just maturing as a player and remember he also had to waste years of his development/career under Mourinho. I just think the level Martial was performing at last season was extremely high and we looked better as a team for it. I'm as surprised and disappointed as anyone that this season Martial seems to have gone backwards again but I wouldn't rule him out refinding that form at all.

el3mel

yeah sorry, I should have made that clear I meant at Utd. Its all well and good saying it's his fifth season but he's only just maturing as a player and remember he also had to waste years of his development/career under Mourinho. I just think the level Martial was performing at last season was extremely high and we looked better as a team for it. I'm as surprised and disappointed as anyone that this season Martial seems to have gone backwards again but I wouldn't rule him out refinding that form at all.
Saying Cavani is better than Martial doesn't mean Martial himself is bad in general. He's a good player on his day, just lacks the consistency and he's frustrating when he's having an off day. When he solves this he might become a great player. Having a long career like Cavani though I don't know if Martial is capable of managing it. Only time will tell.

Zen86

Just having him in the middle as an aerial threat makes a world of difference to how we play, we’re much less one dimensional with him in the side. I can’t help but feel it inspires others to get in the box at every opportunity as well. I can seldom remember times when we threw so many crosses into the box and actually had players in there to attack them, regardless of it being against 10 men.

Man Utd 3:3 Everton

Bwuk

Fantastic.

Plays with the mentality a United player should. I absolutely love him. We need more players like Cavani in this side.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fantastic.

Plays with the mentality a United player should. I absolutely love him. We need more players like Cavani in this side.
Agree, if had more players with his will to win we would be in much better position than we are in now.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I bet he screams into a pillow everytime he goes back home thinking of all the countless rubbish decisions Rashford makes.

el3mel

Top class striker. Top class header. Top class efforts and work rate.

He's so likeable it's crazy. He's a real Man United player.

Last edited:

Superunknown

Fantastic.

Completely agree. Loved his goal and him joining in the celebrations for Bruno's goal. He is absolutely the calibre of player we should be expecting to see more of in our squad. A professional, top class winner.

Mike Smalling

What an asset he is to this team. The only striker we have, who can consistently get on the end of crosses and score the 'easy' goals. On top of that he has great link-up play and a fantastic work rate and attitude.

Feel sorry for him, that we couldn't get the win today. He did his part.

NinjaFletch

Took his goal well, and played well in general, but I swear to god I’ve seen a low cross hit his standing foot after he‘s taken a massive airshot about 6 times this season, what the feck is that about?

RedDevil250

Awesome player. Just a joy to watch. His work rate is second to none. Too bad we didn't get to see him in the PL earlier (went to a PL club after Napoli instead of PSG).

Status
Not open for further replies.