Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is that his agent?

I'd imagine United are desperate for him to stay so that they can concentrate on strengthening other key areas. If he goes then it throws a huge spanner in the works.
That’s the head coach of Uruguay’s NT.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I really hope he does stay. I think he actually could go one better next season and score a fair few more goals now that he is fit and able. If we could add a Sancho too the attack that would be a significant difference to our chance creation too.

DWelbz19

Okay.

In truth what sway does a National team coach really have. Surely it would benefit him if he went to Boca because he'd play week in week out.
A bit if Edinson wants to keep making the side for the World Cup in ‘22? It’s similar to Southgate telling Lingard he needs a loan elsewhere and now he’s all but certainly making the Euros side.

Devil81

A bit if Edinson wants to keep making the side for the World Cup in ‘22? It’s similar to Southgate telling Lingard he needs a loan elsewhere and now he’s all but certainly making the Euros side.
He's one of their star players, he's going to that world cup if he's fit.

DWelbz19

No denying that, but there’s a world of difference between going to the World Cup after a season of being Manchester United’s no.9, and going whilst at Boca Juniors... surely you see that?

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Not really to be honest, there's quite strong competition for those places in the England team, whereas there's really not much competition for Suarez and Cavani to get into the Uruguay squad. Their only competition really in Darwin Nunez at Benefica, who Brighton were chasing in the last transfer window and Maxi Gomes at Valencia. I think Cavani if he were playing well at United would still easily claim a place in that squad.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Think it's clear that, with his advancing age, he needs time/games to really get into gear, so the stop/start nature of his season so far has hampered him.

His movement and quality on the ball is way above what it was a few weeks ago.

Think it's clear that, with his advancing age, he needs time/games to really get into gear, so the stop/start nature of his season so far has hampered him.

His movement and quality on the ball is way above what it was a few weeks ago.
Absolutely, and more importantly for me, considering we have no other player like him, our players take a few games to start understanding him again.

I maintain that fecking awful ban stopped him more than anything.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Okay.

In truth what sway does a National team coach really have. Surely it would benefit him if he went to Boca because he'd play week in week out.
He has been their manager for 15 years now (add 2 years between 1988 and 1990 to that as well) and he’s been an incredibly influential figure so far, probably being the most crucial element behind all of their recent successes.

Mr Smith

Really hope he stays. If we can't sign a striker (and I think we won't as we don't have the money), then we really need him. It would also be a real shame if he spent his entire time here without once being serenaded by the fans.

lex talionis

I’d like to see Cavani stay for another season, or two, while we commit to developing Greenwood as a proper CF.

As great as Haaland is, the amount of cash Dortmund will demand in transfer fee and Raiola will in wages effectively rules him out anyway.

mu4c_20le

Proper no 9. Should have tried harder to pry him away from PSg, especially when he was feuding with Neymar.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Just read that Tabarez has asked him to stay another season. What is your take on this? @antohan
Probably true. Tabárez has always made it very clear that to be competitive in international football and specifically against European sides you need to be playing in Europe.

Plenty of in form domestic players have been overlooked over the years, with Tabarez even preferring to play bench splinter collectors like Christian Rodríguez purely because he was training, watching and understanding the game at a different level.

DWelbz19

His pings out to the right in transition are proper crisp. Couple perfectly weighted to Greenwood today.

Foxbatt

He would score a lot more if our players cross the ball early for him. McTominay and Rashford should have done so. I don't know why our players don't do it?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Doing well, fans love him, could potentially win something here, nice wages. I'd have thought he might stay taking everything there into consideration.

Rockets Redglare

I’m gutted he appears to be leaving, he’s easily my favourite current player In the squad and seems to really love playing for us.

3KDré

If we had bought him in his prime we would have been much closer to City in these last years.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He seems so happy here. Why the rumours :(
Not rumours unfortunately, Ole spoke pretty plainly about it recently that he hasn’t really settled here, it’s strange times, and he’s considering going back home but we’d love him to stay. If he’s making that clear in public then clearly Cavani needs some convincing.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why don’t we play our crosses first time? His first run always drags the defender

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not rumours unfortunately, Ole spoke pretty plainly about it recently that he hasn’t really settled here, it’s strange times, and he’s considering going back home but we’d love him to stay. If he’s making that clear in public then clearly Cavani needs some convincing.
Ive said it before but his performances aren't of someone who's unsettled. All credit to Cavani

OmarUnited4ever

We have to sign a striker who has a similar characteristics of Cavani (Prime Cavani, or Prime Suarez, Kane, Lewabowski, etc.. ) Pace, movement, finishing, header, hold up play, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.