Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Love how happy cavani is whenever we score, seemed chuffed to bits with Greenwood’s winner today. Glad he got his own goal after it

led_scholes

I m sure he is enjoying his time here, but prefering to move closer to his family and country, while playing for Boca, one of the biggest clubs South America, is understandable. It's not like he wants to leave to go to Qatar or something. I think in Europe we tend to forget how attractive the big South American clubs are for the people across the Atlantic.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Farewell sweet Prince!

He’s shown us yet again what a real striker can do for our team. For the rest of the season he'll be another Zlatan, cajoling and leading and getting plenty of goals but this is what we get when we always plan short term. We are also most likely destined to win the EL again now too but then it’s back to the drawing board this summer. When Zlatan left we went out and got Lukaku.... hopefully we see a similar kind of investment in the position again soon.

Last edited:

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Ive said it before but his performances aren't of someone who's unsettled. All credit to Cavani
He would never have it any other way. We've just got too used to moody players, "downing tools", "not playing for the manager".

Guy gets on a pitch and wants to win, simple.

MDFC Manager

Without the bullshit racism ban, I think we'd have him on several more goals with us being closer to city

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He would never have it any other way. We've just got too used to moody players, "downing tools", "not playing for the manager".

Guy gets on a pitch and wants to win, simple.
You seen the post in the page prior? What do you make of it?

thepolice123

Would be a good send off for his european career if he can win the Europa with us. Its not alot but at least it will be his first silverware.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Shame he never actually got to play in front of the fans

But decision is understandable, we need to be looking of a more long term striker. Cavani has been superb and will be remembered fondly

Kyonn

Am I think only who thinks the talk of returning to South America is just a negotiation tactic to get more money?

TrustInOle

If he leaves I will have nothing but fond memories of him, always liked him as a player and would have loved if he had came here a few years before the pandemic hit. He would have truly been exceptional, 10 goals with 6 games left isn't a bad return either! El Matidor! :devil:

Our priority in he market surely has to be a striker if so?

El Zoido

It’d be a real shame if he left having never played in front of a packed Old Trafford.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Losing him and Pogba in same window will undermine our progress this season.

Green_Red

Sign him up, simple as that. Pure quality. Makes the players around him better, has a winning mentality, scores brilliant goals, gives us attacking options. Not sure why we wouldn't do everything required to keep him at the club.

antohan

You seen the post in the page prior? What do you make of it?
Meh. They didn't even say where he is off to. For some bizarre reason Nacional fans reckon they will get him now and not aged 45 or something.

Good topic for ratings.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Meh. They didn't even say where he is off to. For some bizarre reason Nacional fans reckon they will get him now and not aged 45 or something.

Good topic for ratings.
You can just see the joy on his face yesterday -- he seems to take pride in taking mason under his wing. His young apprentice. I will be surprised based on his reactions that he will leave this summer. He will know by now that he has still a lot to offer top teams -- and not go to Boca and play with a 38y.o fellow striker.

antohan

You can just see the joy on his face yesterday -- he seems to take pride in taking mason under his wing. His young apprentice. I will be surprised based on his reactions that he will leave this summer. He will know by now that he has still a lot to offer top teams -- and not go to Boca and play with a 38y.o fellow striker.
That's just regular Cavani. Means nothing re staying or going.

He could have a signed contract with Boca and you wouldn't tell the difference.

BTW, Boca have sent their squad for the Libertadores with #7 and #9 not assigned.

It's a tough decision profesionally, particularly knowing full well he is a stopgap for us. On a personal level a relatively easy one.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't think his hold up/general play is very good anymore, but his movement is lovely. In fact I think when you watch him, you realise how much simpler our attackers need to keep things at times. Rashford often does too many dummys, Greenwood has a lethal shot and is always looking to strike, and Bruno can be erratic at times. And of course these players need to keep what makes them special too, but there are times when simplicity is needed, and you need to be less individualistic and give service to the striker in the box. Greenwood could have taken the defender on for the 3rd goal but a simple pass to Bruno resulted in VDB in acres of space. More team play from our front three, more combinations etc is what is needed. That's another reason why I want to see us sign Sancho, he's got a superb football brain and a real ability to pick a pass.

parkthebuslads

Another goal, another instance of his archery celebration not being shown. One has to wonder if he's even bothering to do it these days.

peridigm

Am I think only who thinks the talk of returning to South America is just a negotiation tactic to get more money?
I think it's because of this ESL nonsense. He may have been on the fence prior to the announcement but I'm sure he's made his mind up now. Seems like a level headed individual.

Siezard

Non important match with Leeds anyway. It's obvious that Ole is saving Cavani for Roma.

Devil may care

Judging by the plaster on his face I'm guessing his missus has made his summer transfer decision for him.

spiriticon

Go on Edi. One more year.

You know it makes sense.

One more Champion's League campaign before the European farewell.

Ekeke

What a performance that was up front. He should have had a hatrick instead of his 2, but he was involved in pretty much all our attacks with quick incisive buildup and he kept putting himself in devestating attacking positions throughout the match. Worked really hard for the team and was top class because of it

el3mel

I won't hear a word, Edinson fecking Cavani my baby !!

His link up with Bruno the entire half was sublime. I missed having such a striker up front.

And hell, some people were actually thinking he's not as good as Martial in build up and linking play. :lol:

Cavani is my fecking striker and I won't take anyone ahead of him at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.