6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

R77

I think the main thing today is that he absolutely did not look like someone who's here for a payday. He's still hungry and will be pushing for a place in the team.
Same vibes here, didn't look particularly off the pace either, to me. Also nice to see someone trying to cause chaos in the box that really knows how to pull defenders around. Promising signs at this early stage.

That first touch he had from the corner, that heel kick that went just a little bit wide, thats the kind of class, along with movement that tells you all about him.
Really, Rashford, Greenwood and Martial should be around him all the time and just observe, listen and learn.
That surely would have been an all-time debut regardless of what he did afterwards. I also love the audacity of it, a statement even though it didn't go in. He definitely has things we've been missing, let's hope he can get to a good level.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I feel like with him we finally have a true center forward who understands the role (movement, hold up play, finishing, coming alive in the box etc.). Martial and Rashford certainly do most of their good work outside the box more often than inside.

Nick7

Good finish it looked like. Looks great off the ball. Would love to see him more involved. Also seems a great leader out there, constantly talking and bigging up the players.

MrBrightside1989

Looks a true professional. Great work rate tonight and his movement is good- makes up for his lack of pace. He offers a good presence too and won't be bullied. I think he will be a really positive influence on the younger forwards.

LJJT

Great finish, shame he was off side, he will have a huge impact I think greater than ibrahimovic

predator

Youth NITK
Not sure whether I'd call that left footed sweep a great finish. It was one of them when you know you're offside and just hit it any old way and the keeper made a meal of it and it went it.

Still. He looks promising anyway. He's full of movement and doesn't look like he is out of shape which is promising for me because a player like him is not going to lose his attacking instinct or eye for goal until he is an old man.

croadyman

Good finish it looked like. Looks great off the ball. Would love to see him more involved. Also seems a great leader out there, constantly talking and bigging up the players.
Part of me wanted Marcus to give him the penalty but then Tony will play more and needed it for his confidence

Bondi77

He did not look happy with the late pass from Bruno.
The guy has proven himself to be a class act and if his fitness is good and he avoids injury then it is odds on he will have a positive impact in his time with us.

youngrell

Movement looks good and he looks very keen to get involved which is what I expected from watching him through the years. He's been ignored a couple of times by teammates so far but that will take time before they gel properly and they are used to him.

I think he bags a goal or two the first time he's fit enough to start.

Andersons Dietician

Only been cameo appearances but showed the hustle and bustle that he has to his game. Works hard for the team and never gives the opposition a rest. Quite look forward to seeing how he is going to get on when we are properly up and running.

croadyman

Only been cameo appearances but showed the hustle and bustle that he has to his game. Works hard for the team and never gives the opposition a rest. Quite look forward to seeing how he is going to get on when we are properly up and running.
Fully expect him to start the last two group games if we can get those 4 pts in next two games that should secure qualification

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Fully expect him to start the last two group games if we can get those 4 pts in next two games that should secure qualification
Should be starting the next two vs Istanbul. He'll have a field day if they defend like they did from set pieces yesterday.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Should be starting the next two vs Istanbul. He'll have a field day if they defend like they did from set pieces yesterday.
Agree. If we can win those it gives the chance to rest players for the final 2 group games which would be a big help this season and it gives him another 2 starts against PSG and Leipzig, if he's fit.

Green_Red

This finish isnt being spoken about enough
yea it was a quality finish. he has added some real quality to our front line. Don't think we've had this good options up front with 4 players for about 10 years. Cavani, Rashford, Martial and Greenwood.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
yea it was a quality finish. he has added some real quality to our front line. Don't think we've had this good options up front with 4 players for about 10 years. Cavani, Rashford, Martial and Greenwood.
yeah, its almost a throw back to Fergie years when he liked to have 4 quality strikers in the squad.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This finish isnt being spoken about enough
Look at the pressing by Martial?! imagine showing that to somebody a year ago, they would never believe you.

It just shows when confidence is high and everybody is working for eachother, you're even more determined to work hard.

He completely made that goal by running alone. Fantastic.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think he'll be getting his first goal for us very soon, he nearly scored against Chelsea and the disallowed finish yesterday was lovely. Hopefully he nods a few in against Arsenal.

We should defo play two up top more often. Him and Martial compliment each other well.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We should defo play two up top more often. Him and Martial compliment each other well.
Think we'll go for a 4222/4312/352 for the majority of the season tbh. Its best suited to all our players. We have 3 quality defensive mids and 3 quality attacking mids, rotate 6 options for 4 positions, and then have a fantastic group of 4 players who are all either strikers or wide forwards, so can easily play as a top 2. Also gives enough solidity in midfield where we can use Telles and have him push up a lot more from left back.

ur2cdanger

The fact that he hasn't been in the spotlight will help him and the team a lot. It has given him time to settle and slowly integrate into the team. He will be most valuable in breaking down stubborn defenses.

Handré1990

Look at the pressing by Martial?! imagine showing that to somebody a year ago, they would never believe you.

It just shows when confidence is high and everybody is working for eachother, you're even more determined to work hard.

He completely made that goal by running alone. Fantastic.
You love to see it. Bruno follows up perfectly. We have improved our pressing game a lot I think, more of a team activity these days :drool:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
There was a point a few seasons ago I thought he had the best of the call movement in football. Kept missing sitter after sitter.

GazTheLegend

Looks a true professional. Great work rate tonight and his movement is good- makes up for his lack of pace. He offers a good presence too and won't be bullied. I think he will be a really positive influence on the younger forwards.
Where do people get that Cavani is slow :lol: just because he's a bit older?

Even against RB Leipzig it was clearly obvious that he's absolutely rapid still. It's not like a Falcao or RVP situation he still looks like he can run some to me.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Unusual for Fernandes to delay that pass to him. Bruno is usually consistent on his timing of his lay-offs (Rashfords 2nd).

Still, would like to see Cavani start against Arsenal. Think that game will be the one where he makes his mark.

Alemar

Clever movement and an excellent finish. Just a shame Bruno couldn't release that tad sooner.
In that situation, Bruno had to go for a goal himself, given it was too late for a pass

Status
Not open for further replies.