Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Giving Caveman Cavani the #7 shirt is the footballing equivalant of "let them eat cake."

Feck these owners, ed and the board.
Caveman? fecking hell it's just a number donned by great Depay, Di Maria, Valencia, Sanchez and Michael fecking Owen.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We should hire the old Napoli announcer too.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Caveman? fecking hell it's just a number donned by great Depay, Di Maria, Valencia, Sanchez and Michael fecking Owen.
tbf Owen was one of the finest strikers of in early 000's and a superstar. the fact that he own a league with us after being a Liverpool boy is just hilarious. He adds to the #7

Enfant terrible

Guys, does Cavani have to go through the process of self isolation? Will he be eligible for the Newcastle and Paris games?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
All those that are so sure he won’t be fit - what kind of attitude does he have?

Anyone worth their salt can stay fit. Don’t need to play football for that. Lacking match sharpness, sure.

HowYouDoin

We should hire the old Napoli announcer too.

Man how weird it looks now to have a packed stadium of fans like that creating so much noise.
Really feels like something from a movie now, just doesnt seem real.

macheda14

Man how weird it looks now to have a packed stadium of fans like that creating so much noise.
Really feels like something from a movie now, just doesnt seem real.
Yeh I found it so jarring watching highlights of Bruno last season. You’d see a few highlights of empty stadiums then boom super full old Trafford and it felt fake.

tomaldinho1

I presume so, as he is in quarantine
Will be interesting to see if he can make the Newcastle game, I guess if he flew in Sunday 4th (as reported) he'll annoyingly be a day under the 14 day quarantine for Newcastle but back to score a revenge hattrick versus PSG;)

Glorio

Rio is such a muppet, apparently he contacted Cavani some time in Jan and asked if he would like to play for United. Said he used to do it as a player all time time - according to teamtalk at least

buckooo1978

Excited to see him in the United shirt. Mitten talked to Forlan and said Cavani is a top professional - I think we will see a hungry player....just a shame there will be no fans to see him. Think this could turn out to be a really good signing

croadyman

That pass at 6.44 is very reminiscent of Matic v Brighton last season or Silva at Old Trafford in 2011. I also didn't realise he was capable of a hanging or low cross as well so hopefully Marcus/Tony/Mason can gamble more to get on the end of those a bit more.

Zlatattack

Rio is such a muppet, apparently he contacted Cavani some time in Jan and asked if he would like to play for United. Said he used to do it as a player all time time - according to teamtalk at least
Maybe that's how we unofficially tap up players. Unfortunately sounds too clever for us.

Hoof the ball

Well, well, turns out that Cavani has a rather excellent conversion rate after all. Imagine all those football fans repeating something they read from something someone else said, etc. So much for "needs lots of chances to convert". :smirk:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Well, well, turns out that Cavani has a rather excellent conversion rate after all. Imagine all those football fans repeating something they read from something someone else said, etc. So much for "needs lots of chances to convert". :smirk:
Cavani creates lots of easy chances which is the fruit of his intelligence and ability to find space. My theory about the sitters that I have seen him miss is lucidity, At his best Cavani was a player that would often play from his own box to the opposition's six yard box within the same action, I have always wondered if it didn't affect him sometimes but he is a great finisher and I bet that the people that see him play often aren't surprised when he scores very difficult chances with finesse or power.

Hoof the ball

Cavani creates lots of easy chances which is the fruit of his intelligence and ability to find space. My theory about the sitters that I have seen him miss is lucidity, At his best Cavani was a player that would often play from his own box to the opposition's six yard box within the same action, I have always wondered if it didn't affect him sometimes but he is a great finisher and I bet that the people that see him play often aren't surprised when he scores very difficult chances with finesse or power.
Appreciate this post!

croadyman

I am looking forward to seeing him play even though it may not be for another three games yet

Zlatanator

Just read some article on Athletic, they called this as the worst signing of the summer. Not just them but 90% of the footballing world calls this as the worst transfer. I am kinda positive with this transfer, he can help his countrymen on the other side and form a partnership. I am glad that all of us can use this international break to calm down and just hope for a good restart against Newcastle. I'm just hoping for the best.

croadyman

Just read some article on Athletic, they called this as the worst signing of the summer. Not just them but 90% of the footballing world calls this as the worst transfer. I am kinda positive with this transfer, he can help his countrymen on the other side and form a partnership. I am glad that all of us can use this international break to calm down and just hope for a good restart against Newcastle. I'm just hoping for the best.
Quite honestly I am glad this is being talked about so negatively by so many people because looking at that interview he really wants to come here and make many people eat their words

HowYouDoin

The only comparison is they both played for PSG and have long hair.
Really now?
I think Cavani offers something Zlatan doesnt, its so much easier to fit Cavani in seamlessly. Zlatan's style of play but also his personality and no one one ever talks about this but its very difficult to have Zlatan and not build around him. He is just such a dominant personality and everything has to go through him, everyone has to defer to him. When you have Zlatan, you play Zlatan ball. There is no ifs and buts.

They are different players for sure but I'm not exactly sure prime Zlatan was that much better.
When Cavani played as a central striker for PSG he first scored 35 goals in Ligue 1, then 28. Zlatan scored 30 in his first season, then 26, 38 after that and 19 in his last season with PSG.. Sure you can say Zlatan was better but to call Cavani a bum version? Not fair IMO. And well Cavani is PSGs all time leading scorer not Zlatan despite playing two seasons as a right wing. Not bad for a bum version.

I know I would much rather have Cavani than Zlatan now. Heck even the Zlatan version that we had. Cavani is faster, better off the ball, moves better, probably more versatile in so far that you can play different styles with Cavani whereas Zlatan is primarily a target man though he's also a number 10 as well, thats what separates him from everyone. He's a target man number 10 if that makes sense. Thats great, amazing talent but when you have him you only play through him. Cavani is much more of a poacher. Allows for more tactical flexibility

Anyway long story short, Cavani is criminally underrated. Cavani could have played for that Barca team. Zlatan just couldnt. Personally I prefer Cavani while acknowledging that all in all yes Zlatan is better but not by as much as people make it out to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: roonster09

HowYouDoin

I will post this separately and not in the reply above because its pretty telling. Draw your own conlusion but anyway, Cavani has scored 200 goals for Paris while Zlatan has scored 156. Speaks for itself.
Yes Cavani played more games but he also played on the right wing to accommodate Zlatan.

Again, not a bum version. Not at all. And Cavani is criminally underrated.

Last edited:

treble_winner

I will post this separately and not in the reply above because its pretty telling. Draw your own conlusion but anyway, Cavani has scored 200 goals for Paris while Zlatan has scored 156. Speaks for itself.
Yes Cavani played more games but he also played on the right wing to accommodate Zlatan.

Again, not a bum version. Not at all. And Cavani is criminally underrated.
Just the part of him also playing on the right wing makes the CAF more drooling at him already, I'd say.

Stadjer

That 'needs lots of chance to convert' sounds more like Zlatan.... Zlatan missed loads of relative easy chances during his United period.

arthurka

I will place a bet on Cavani being a good signing. He will at least give us good movement and work ethic but he will also score goals for us I am sure of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.