6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trex

I fill Ole brought Cavani to utilize him in the same manner as he wanted using Lukaku,in that split strikers system when he first came in,with two forwards on either channels with pace and power,it was the most exciting period of Ole tenure, it could be Rashford-Cavani or Martial-Greenwood rotating with Bruno or Vdb in the Lingards role,I really liked that system so hopefully it returns

Reactions: golden_blunder

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Does anyone know what date he arrived in the country?

He has to quarantine for 14 days right?

ShinjiNinja26

He's not kicked a ball yet and already over 200 posts. This place will explode once he actually gets round to kicking a ball.
For a player absolutely no one wanted as well . :lol:

I must say I’ve came round to the idea of having Cavani and I’m now buzzing to see him in action. If he’s still got some left in the tank and isn’t just here for a last payday then he could surprise a lot of people this season.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I have no issues regarding Cavani's focus and determination in wanting to succeed here. Mentally,in that sense I think he's fine.
Its his body I have concerns over.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Presumably the 4th meaning he'd miss the Newcastle game but will probably make the bench vs PSG.
Cheers, right.

So he'll be not very match fit so maybe only on the bench vs PSG.

Him coming on and scoring an injury time winner is the dream.

Meep

Ugh.. well i guess it good he quarantines so he doesnt get infected geting to know everyone in the team/staff. Usch a stupid rule.

croadyman

Ugh.. well i guess it good he quarantines so he doesnt get infected geting to know everyone in the team/staff. Usch a stupid rule.
Yeah frustrating as it might be for us fans he is doing the right thing especially as his partner had COVID

croadyman

Slowly warming to this. Hopefully he can somehow roll back the clock to beast mode. It’s the hope that kills you...
Yeah just frustrating we have to wait until at least next Weds to see him maybe even a week on Sat against Chelsea

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Yeah just frustrating we have to wait until at least next Weds to see him maybe even a week on Sat against Chelsea
All really rough games to get started in but a goal in a tough fixture might just be the thing that gets the ball rolling for him for the season. Greenwood needs to start picking it up too. He’s been near anonymous so far. Id say Cavani will take Martials spot first and then Greenwood’s for a few games if he doesn’t pick up some form.

archiebald

Just watched a short replay of the Uruguay v Portugal game at WC2018 - some real class on display for the second goal. If he's still capable of his trademark deft off the ball movements, don't see why he shouldn't be capable of hitting at least 10 in for us this season.

Moiraine

Just watched a short replay of the Uruguay v Portugal game at WC2018 - some real class on display for the second goal. If he's still capable of his trademark deft off the ball movements, don't see why he shouldn't be capable of hitting at least 10 in for us this season.
10?
I think he will score at least 15 in league alone this season.

Flanders Devil

I hope he does well. As a lot have said the concern is the body / recovery. If he is fine physically I think he’ll do well.

what’s under rated I think is his football smarts. It should blend well with Bruno, DvB and is a bit of a thread with Ole’s signings which I think is a good thing.

HowYouDoin

I love Martial, he is a good player but Cavani will clearly show us that there is levels to the game. He will just be on another level and it will be clear that Martial isnt the one to be our number 9.
Now Martial or Rashford for the LW? Yes, that is a discussion worth having.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I love Martial, he is a good player but Cavani will clearly show us that there is levels to the game. He will just be on another level and it will be clear that Martial isnt the one to be our number 9.
Now Martial or Rashford for the LW? Yes, that is a discussion worth having.
I really think Martial and Cavani could work as a very good strike partnership.

Red00012

He’s surely a better option than having Ighalo on the bench for Tuesday night. 1-1 80 mins in and he comes on :D

Rolaholic

Happy to see all the images of him in training with the rest of the squad, already looks quite popular :lol:

Dissapppointed that he won't be going to Paris for tomorrow but I get it. Although he looks quite fit physically, he's had maybe 2 or 3 legit team training sessions in 9 months so maybe making him face a UCL finalist in his debut might not be the best idea right now.

Hope he can get caught up in time for Chelsea on Saturday though.

croadyman

Happy to see all the images of him in training with the rest of the squad, already looks quite popular :lol:

Dissapppointed that he won't be going to Paris for tomorrow but I get it. Although he looks quite fit physically, he's had maybe 2 or 3 legit team training sessions in 9 months so maybe making him face a UCL finalist in his debut might not be the best idea right now.

Hope he can get caught up in time for Chelsea on Saturday though.
Yeah also disappointed not to see him make his Utd bow off the bench against his former club but understand that is the right decision when he hasn't played competitive football for 7 months. Hopefully can get in some more fitness training whilst the players are away and could make a cameo off the bench on Sat against Chelsea

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I'm questioning myself on why I watched the whole thing in full screen with headphones without skipping at all.

Bailly throwing a step over and the hideous corporate sporty and energic TM music being the high and low lights.
cheers pal

I was doing exactly the same and i read your comment and stopped.

:lol:

Loon

Somebody told me he departed PSG under a bit of a cloud. Something to do with being snubbed at some legends thing?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He had long chat with Tuanzebe during the jog warm up. Whether he can speak English or Tuanzebe can speak either French or Spanish. He was born in Congo so I guess Axel knows French.

criticalanalysis

cheers pal

I was doing exactly the same and i read your comment and stopped.

I just played the video again (oh god why?) and the music is just baffling so out of place and hypnotisingly bad. Why isn't anyone else commenting about this?

Is this the real life or is this just fantasy?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I hope he gets a start vs Chelsea. I can see him having more of an a impact over martial.

then we can bring martial on after 70 mins or so If his fitness isn’t there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.