6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daonico

I don't think the team is in any bubble with the national team anymore... Torreira tested positive once he arrived to Madrid, so players are allowed to travel I guess... I think the original article (the uruguayan one) is badly written because they were using pieces of an article writen a few days before.

I don't know which are the fifa rules in this regard though.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It’s disappointing if true.

just shows what a ridiculous idea playing international ms is at the moment.

why even bother with the England vs Iceland game. No one wants to watch it, no one wants to play in it, and all it does is increase the chances of players catching the virus, and make players play more games than necessary.

euro qualifiers, or equivalent then fine. But these friendlies, and glorified nations league bollocks should have been binned months ago.

totally selfish from countries/ FAs/UEFA etc.

utterly ridiculous.
I don't understand why there are any international matches being played now.

Every international throughout the season should have been postponed, which would have allowed the league seasons to finish a month or so earlier. Then at the end of the league and CL season the players get 1-2 week off, then have a huge extravaganza of internationals. Firstly a month of qualifiers and friendlies that had been postponed throughout the season, then leading directly into playing the international tournaments.

That way the players and staff would have had two specific travel bubbles. Firstly with the club, then later with the international team. None of this constant going back and forth between the two, bringing Covid to people (not just the players and staff but everyone who comes into contact with them...then everyone who comes into contact with those people, etc), spreading the virus everywhere and causing havoc to all the teams and leagues who have to try to work around it all.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Bite the bullet and keep him isolated. It seems Viña entered the bubble from Brazil carrying the virus with him. He only tested positive on Saturday, after the Colombia game. His team (Palmeiras) then checked the rest of the team and on Monday confirmed 19 have COVID :rolleyes:

There's already about 12 players and staff confirmed, chances that Edinson didn't catch it are pretty slim IMO. Bubble is all well and good to keep things out, but once in you are training, sharing bootroom and buses, playing, jumping on each other and screaming your lungs out after goals... spreads like wildfire.

Daonico

Bite the bullet and keep him isolated. It seems Viña entered the bubble from Brazil carrying the virus with him. He only tested positive on Saturday, after the Colombia game. His team (Palmeiras) then checked the rest of the team and on Monday confirmed 19 have COVID :rolleyes:

There's already about 12 players and staff confirmed, chances that Edinson didn't catch it are pretty slim IMO. Bubble is all well and good to keep things out, but once in you are training, sharing bootroom and buses, playing, jumping on each other and screaming your lungs out after goals... spreads like wildfire.
I think it is not very likely that someone that had the virus not long ago catches it again? I know it can happen, but I think it is not very often...
Maybe it is too late already anyway, he has surely met with the team if the decision wasn't taken before.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why is everybody worrying? He'll be tested individually and if he's negative he can play no problem.

Self isolating is only for the general public + positive cases.

Daonico

Why is everybody worrying? He'll be tested individually and if he's negative he can play no problem.

Self isolating is only for the general public + positive cases.
All this players were tested negative in the previous tests... some clubs are already isolating players as a safe meassure even if they are so far negative. that is what I heard of De La Cruz in River and Nandez in Cagliari.
I think the test can take a little while to be positive once someone catch the virus.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
All this players were tested negative in the previous tests... some clubs are already isolating players as a safe meassure even if they are so far negative. that is what I heard of De La Cruz in River and Nandez in Cagliari.
I think the test can take a little while to be positive once someone catch the virus.
That is true but our players are tested every 3/4 days, I assume we will test him before he returns to the group and will be fine to continue unless positive.

Bruno Fernandes was playing with Cristiano on international duty and didn't have to isolate either - so I don't see why Cavani will be different.

croadyman

That is true but our players are tested every 3/4 days, I assume we will test him before he returns to the group and will be fine to continue unless positive.

Bruno Fernandes was playing with Cristiano on international duty and didn't have to isolate either - so I don't see why Cavani will be different.
Yeah there was no mention of either Edinson or Alex in Ole's presser so hopefully that is cause for optimism

Idxomer

I think he looks finished, not much different from what we saw with Falcao.

el3mel

He's gaining fitness regularly in a nice way. He'll be immense for us during second half of the season. No doubt in my mind he'll be a starter by Jan or Feb.

Mike Smalling

Unlike Rashford and Martial he actually seems to do the basic centerforward things well. Needs to be given a chance in the starting line-up soon.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I think he looks finished, not much different from what we saw with Falcao.
I think he looked better than Falcao ever did for us. He did the basics well today; he moved, held it up, laid it off and tracked back. I can't say I was blown away but given how frustrating Martial and Rashford were it was good to see some knowhow come off the bench.

Idxomer

I think he looked better than Falcao ever did for us. He did the basics well today; he moved, held it up, laid it off and tracked back. I can't say I was blown away but given how frustrating Martial and Rashford were it was good to see some knowhow come off the bench.
If we're used to him, I doubt we'll get many positives from his cameo today.

It's not much better than Ighalo's cameos against Everton and City last season.

Movement was decent, but other than that he hasn’t looked particularly sharp so far. Early days, but I think the calls for him to start are premature, aside from maybe in cup matches/occasional home matches against teams near the bottom end of the table.

I’d rather see Greenwood at CF, though admittedly that seems unlikely atm as there are obviously a few issues behind the scenes (though no doubt exaggerated by the media).

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Surprised by the response in various threads about Cavani today. Thought he looked extremely rusty still and totally out of sync with his teammates. Don't know if I somehow missed all these impressive bits or if people are just using him to stick the knife in on Martial and Rashford

Surprised by the response in various threads about Cavani today. Thought he looked extremely rusty still and totally out of sync with his teammates. Don't know if I somehow missed all these impressive bits or if people are just using him to stick the knife in on Martial and Rashford
I’m surprised so many people can form opinions based on 30 mins.

Web of Bissaka

Aaah, it's been such a long time seeing a natural proper CF.

Felt like ages, but he's the only one "pure" CF we've got. Ighalo isn't really a CF, more like a SS. Martial is a natural LF. Sure, both of them can play the CF roles at times, but interestingly never consistently, and always something feels off.

That said, he's 2nd choice at best.

Devil may care

He's not the answer imo, I see all the movement compliments which is fine, but overall he looks exactly what he is, a has-been striker with plenty of heart.

PoTMS

His runs are just too clever for his teammates bar Bruno. Some of our players have a lack of footballing IQ.

Norris

Fantastic performance. Might not have had the goal, but his movement, awareness of teammates and just doing the basic stuff so right was tremendous. He tracked back so much as well.

cyberman

He was everywhere, he and Bruno had a fantastic understanding.
Maybe he should focus on staying in and around the box since thats where hes needed.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Will i jinx it if i say "I told you so"? He is still class. And he is bloody fit as i see it. Hope he starts vs Saints

slored1

Got to say I didn't watch PSG and thus thought he would be a shit signing. So far he's proved me wrong. Brilliant player.

LJJT

Man of the match for me. Absolute class in all he did, worked his bollocks off which for an old mercenary is exactly why he’s an astute purchase, deserved a goal. Great centre forward display gives us a totally different dimension

HowYouDoin

Just much better IQ and understanding of the game than Martial, fantastic movement and he plays with a lot of effort. He gives his all, presses all the time. Better than Martial.

Highlight of the game was him dummying every ball that came to him, and it worked perfectly every time. Really deserved a goal. Still doesn't look 100% sharp with the ball at his feet, but I'd start him against Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.