Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

predator

Youth NITK
I have nothing bad to say about him.

In a game like tonight where we struggled to break down their low block, his movement and off the ball runs contributed to the oppositions defence getting cramp etc come the end of the match.

He's one of those players that you have to watch in person to appreciate. I get tired just watching one of his runs.

Mindhunter

He is class and should be our starting player for the number 9 position, at least against low-block oppositions like Wolves. I trust him to score that one important chance late in a game to get us the points which is something I can never say about Martial and Rashford.

Rashford got lucky today and full marks to him for trying the shot else it wouldn't happen but his overall contribution has been atrocious. Martial on the other hand was rightfully dropped.

Raven

He is class and should be our starting player for the number 9 position, at least against low-block oppositions like Wolves. I trust him to score that one important chance late in a game to get us the points which is something I can never say about Martial and Rashford.

Rashford got lucky today and full marks to him for trying the shot else it wouldn't happen but his overall contribution has been atrocious. Martial on the other hand was rightfully dropped.
What a bad take. Martial came on and changed the game, whilst Rashford scored the winner. Martial and Rashford have pulled us through so many tough games and tough spots it's ridiculous, then posters come on here after a game they do just that in and spout rubbish. I like Cavani, he's a great player but he has different strengths and that's great for the squad.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I trust him to score that one important chance late in a game to get us the points which is something I can never say about Martial and Rashford.
Like Rashford penalty against PSG or basically any other late Rashford winner. F.A cup semi Martial have a few winning goals late in games himself. I trust them to do it on the same level as Cavani, wasn't he notorious at PSG for missing a bunch of easy chances?

MattyB1986

Love Cavani - you can tell he's not here just for the last paycheck, running everywhere. Hope we get another good few years out of him.

Wicked_Badger

He's one of those players that you have to watch in person to appreciate. I get tired just watching one of his runs.
This reminds me of Berbatov. Not the tireless running, but just the intelligent runs made that you don’t see on TV, most of which don’t pay off. Hugely intelligent and instinctive players, both of them.

NoPace

Didn't play well today but if we'd have played James on the right instead of Greenwood I think he would have scored.

Robert

Always alive, constantly hunting. It's brilliant to see a proper no. 9 leading the line and it's fascinating to watch him as a player, his movement is :drool:

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
This reminds me of Berbatov. Not the tireless running, but just the intelligent runs made that you don’t see on TV, most of which don’t pay off. Hugely intelligent and instinctive players, both of them.
Just look at the goal itself.

Martial sprints into the box and then stands there minded by one player either side of him.

Cavani runs in then starts repositioning constantly. He gets one in two minds about closing down, then another (all this affording Rashford vital time and space to move into) and finally, if instead of shooting Marcus had rolled the ball to the penalty spot, Cavani had a free shot on goal.

zenith

He's a proper poacher, just waits for his chances and works very very intelligently off the ball.

His little flicks near the box can be annoying at times but they have the potential to open up space at crucial times.

Hope he stays here beyond just this year, someone like greenwood could learn a lot from him

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I wouldn’t judge any of our strikers based on today.

Cavani and Martial are completely different players. Personally I think Cavani as a no 9 and Martial/ Rashford/ Greenwood for the other two positions.
I don’t mind Cavani as the striker but our best team 100% still includes Martial. I can’t get past the fact that we always play our best football with him on the pitch regardless of anything else.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Martial isn't in any way or shape better option than Cavani, it's actually baffling to think otherwise.

And Cavani wasn't our problem today, far from it.

I hope we keep starting him.
I just don’t agree yesterday. We really missed the positions that martial picks up. You can’t play off Cavani as well as you can Martial. Everyone criticised Martial against Leicester but he did far more than Cavani did yesterday. The difference is one is still in the honeymoon period and the other gets very little support from the fans.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Cavani's goal against everton did come from a Martial assist.

Its incredibly hard to play Rashford, and Greenwood in a set up without Martial as a false 9 & Cavani as a striker instead- that's why he is useful when he clicks and Cavani is useful when it does not.

Then on the other hand we need creators for Cavani aswell players like Bruno, telles (and the new version of shaw), the RW of Rashford, maybe the Hollywood passes of Pogba, the creative version of Martial and then suddenly theres no space for Greenwood.

So its about chopping and changing.

Martial is not a completely useless player because he is a creative player in a team that is still very reliant on the creative ability of Bruno mostly; we still lack elements of creativity spread across the team. Cavani is very useful for putting the ball in the back of the net in the most simplest of ways.

When we play Martial the goal scoring duties should be spread alot more on Rashford and Greenwood (including on martial) in my opinion whilst when when we play Cavani the goal scoring duties fall on him but the creative duties fall on players like Pogba, Martial, Bruno, Rashford, Shaw etc

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
IMO, we need to be a top striker in the summer. Cavani is ok but not great either I guess, Martial can't be relied on

cyberman

Martial sprints into the box and then stands there minded by one player either side of him.

Cavani runs in then starts repositioning constantly. He gets one in two minds about closing down, then another (all this affording Rashford vital time and space to move into) and finally, if instead of shooting Marcus had rolled the ball to the penalty spot, Cavani had a free shot on goal.
I noticed this as well. Rashford should never have taken the shot on. A simple toe poke through would have left Cavani with just the keeper to beat

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think he's great and want him to start more. Yesterday's set up way way too static, he got no proper service. Greenwood isnt' a player to get behind players and feed him, Pogba was doing nothing for about 75 minutes and Matic thought he was a defender. Hardly the right climate for a striker needing service.

Tony247

I came here to post exactly the same. Glad someone else also noticed. I watched the goal so far more than dozen times just to watch Cavani's movement, how he was creating space for himself and provided option for easy pass. Perfect no. 9 stuff in the box.

Davie Moyes

Played ok but I think that recent injury has just him back slightly. Before that he was looking really sharp against Southampton and PSG.

MetoTTT

I noticed this as well. Rashford should never have taken the shot on. A simple toe poke through would have left Cavani with just the keeper to beat
That's exactly how I see it. Just before the shot he has to pass it to Cavani.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Banned for 3 games, starting with Villa.

UncleBob

The sheer fecking incompetence is staggering.

It proper annoys me that they actually get away with banning him for 3 matches

Chief123

Back for Anfield?
Yep at least he’s available for the most important one. Would absolutely love a bullet header from Cavani at the kop end in the dying moments. Then pulls out his bow and arrow and aims it right for Mcmananamanananan’s forehead!

Darlington Padgett

Martial isn't in any way or shape better option than Cavani, it's actually baffling to think otherwise.

And Cavani wasn't our problem today, far from it.

I hope we keep starting him.
I hope we start both. From what we've seen they seem to play better together. His runs open up space for Martial to run and Martial's passing also helps Cavani.

amsoUG

Love Cavani - you can tell he's not here just for the last paycheck, running everywhere. Hope we get another good few years out of him.
Possibly knows that it will endear him to the English fans - but honestly running around should never be used to mask contribution unless it is part of the general game plan of pressing. We have Fred and McT to do the running around, we need more than running in the attacking third.

RUCK4444

Possibly knows that it will endear him to the English fans - but honestly running around should never be used to mask contribution unless it is part of the general game plan of pressing. We have Fred and McT to do the running around, we need more than running in the attacking third.
It’s a big part of his game, he’s always on the move. High energy.

His movement is his single strongest ability, he’s a good finisher but his movement is as good as it gets.

lex talionis

United have brilliantly handled this shameless misuse of power by the FA. We can only hope that Edinson will seek vengeance by playing out of his mind, which he would do anyway.

croadyman

United have brilliantly handled this shameless misuse of power by the FA. We can only hope that Edinson will seek vengeance by playing out of his mind, which he would do anyway.
Yeah he will be proper fired up for Burnley & Liverpool

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Can't understand how this suspension is not cancelled. The word negrito and negrita is not perjorative. In fact it is used in a lot of caribbean/south american music, as you can check by searching in youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.