Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

His workrate should be infectious.

He's also really a role model by keeping himself in a top form well past his peak and performing like that in the PL.

MAME DIOUF 32

Can't believe what we got on a free here. It's like having Chicharito back but technically better and much stronger.

El Jefe

He's our only striker. He really does play the centre forward position exceptionally. What's also been impressive is Cavani doesn't need to score in order to have a good game unlike some others in our attack.

Steven7290

Eddy, I am so sorry I thought you were an overrated, money hungry, Zlatan's shadow, second string farmer's league forward who missed sitters for a living for almost a decade.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
His football brain is more advanced than 90% of this team and it's not even funny.

Apart from obvious instinct, he knows how to press and win free kicks.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Okay, I love him. I thought that ship had sailed but he's magnificent. Maybe already my favourite player in the squad.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Imagine the state we'd be in if we hadn't taken the gamble given the form of our other forwards. Class.

Rockets Redglare

Okay, I love him. I thought that ship had sailed but he's magnificent. Maybe already my favourite player in the squad.
He’s my favourite, I just can’t get over how at 33 he’s out hardest working player. Absolutely demands the best from his teammates as well.

Wayne's World

Worked his bollocks off tonight. Anyone who said he"d be another Sanchez are totally wrong.

First name in the team sheet for me now

Al-T

I feared he'd be another Falcao - never fit and past it. I was wrong.

He looks as sharp as a Whippet and is clearly fully committed and busting a gut for the team.

Devil81

Give him that extra year tomorrow and judging off his fitness I'd consider another.

What a player, I have totally underrated him his whole career. The guy has so much to his game, he works his socks off for the team.

Brillaint player.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Look at his workrate compared to Martial. Martial spent the whole match walking around the pitch like he was playing golf.

Foxbatt

If only Martial and Greenwood have half his work rate. If Rashford has half his brain.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Like Ibra for me in that I've only started to appreciate him after watching him play for us.

Can't doubt his effort or quality. Should be nailed to start. Miles ahead of Martial and Rashford as a pure #9

Yagami

Good post resistant
He’s my favourite, I just can’t get over how at 33 he’s out hardest working player. Absolutely demands the best from his teammates as well.
Same. 33 and pressing like prime Rooney and Tevez did for us in 2008. Incredible. The quality football he provides on top of that hard work is just as impressive.

I used to watch PSG for Pastore and, because PSG had so many stars and quality players, I didn't notice him as much and underrated him as a result. I apologise, Edinson!

If it's any consolation, he was always my go-to signing on FM08!

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Definition of a warrior.
This term is branded about too often these days but he really is one. You can see that football matters to him. Just wish he was a few years younger, not because he's a pensioner on a pitch, but because we would've had more years out of him.

Plymouth Red

You’ve got to hope that the younger players are taking every opportunity to learn from Cavani on the pitch and in training. A class act like him doesn’t come along very often. Great piece of trans business.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It’s refreshing to see a proper center forward leading the line. For all of Martial’s qualities, he’d never have gambled on the ball for the first goal breaking like that.

GMoore23

I said before he'd even kicked a ball for us that the extended rest he had last season would result in him returning to his best for us. I'm glad I was right. What a player.

TrustInOle

No surprises he is getting better and better now he has adjusted to the team and the league. Cavani, Bruno, Pogba and Maguire need to play every league game from now till end of season.

Phenomenal work rate for his age to.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
My striker and I'll take no one else ahead of him, period.

On another point though I'm starting to think he's struggling to play with Rashford, Martial and Greenwood. They don't seem to link well, they're all strikers but he's the only proper one among them. They seem unable to feed him with balls and he's literally feeding on scraps each game. He links much better with Bruno.
I've been saying for a while we should revisit Mata on the right seeing as nobody sets the world alight there anyway.

I'd expect them to get on like a house on fire.

Kag

I think we’ve reached a point in which Cavani needs to be starting every week. Martial looks bereft of all confidence and Greenwood is having a tough time of it.

He’s 33 in number only and, as Savage pointed out after the game, Vardy plays every game and is the same age. Keep him in the team.

Devil may care

Very good #9 performance, worked his socks off, bagged a poachers goal and looked sharp all game, he was getting frustrated with the lack of service and then didn’t bury that headed chance that you'd have bet on him to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.