Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
His presence in the box is a joy to watch. That element was really missing before.

Walters_19_MuFc

Apart from his mistake that lead to Liverpool's second, I felt he was good again. His pressing is impressive as usual. Just doesn't stop working. Didn't really have a lot of chances but his header was phenomenal. Such a shame it didn't go in.

Be interesting to see whether he starts against Sheff, as today means he's played two 90 minutes in 4 days.

SirScholes

He’s our main striker, the difference between him and everyone else is night and day.
Also shown he wants to win here rather than just pick up his pay check like sanchez
We’d of won at Anfield with that front 3, he pulled Fabinho into a places he didn’t want to be in instead of rashford who just tried to out sprint him.

SirScholes

Apart from his mistake that lead to Liverpool's second, I felt he was good again. His pressing is impressive as usual. Just doesn't stop working. Didn't really have a lot of chances but his header was phenomenal. Such a shame it didn't go in.

Be interesting to see whether he starts against Sheff, as today means he's played two 90 minutes in 4 days.
I’d rest him so he can play at Arsenal, surely we have enough to push Sheffield aside even with goals from midfield

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Really doing well. People talk about age but people age differently so you never really know how long he can go for. It's possible his signing unsettled Martial a bit. But I think Ole is managing them well and so fingers crossed because as an option he's great to have and his experience and movement is really good. It's a shame the header didn't go in but the chances are coming. In the long run it should spur the team on and hopefully Martial benefits from it in the long run.

Andersons Dietician

I love the fact that you see him talking and telling off Rashford and Greenwood as well praising them when they do good even talking to them mid game explaining tactics to them. Even gave praise to Bissaka at one point which I thought was brilliant. The guys a proper leader and winner.

The workrate is phenomenal, the header as well. he had to do so much to generate the power in that gutted he never scored that.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I love the fact that you see him talking and telling off Rashford and Greenwood as well praising them when they do good even talking to them mid game explaining tactics to them. Even gave praise to Bissaka at one point which I thought was brilliant. The guys a proper leader and winner.

The workrate is phenomenal, the header as well. he had to do so much to generate the power in that gutted he never scored that.
Was he giving greenwood advice after his goal or have I imagined that in my drunk state ?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Not sure how people can talk about age when The Undertaker was wrestling until he was 50

Got nothing to do with Cavani but I'm just saying.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I’d rest him so he can play at Arsenal, surely we have enough to push Sheffield aside even with goals from midfield
He hasn't played much this season and seems to be in great shape.
Play him I say! He's a different level to any other 9 we have at the club.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Hes a winner and has a brilliant mentality. This has always been the case with him, I'm not remotely surprised by his impact on our play. Hope he stays for as long as he can perform at the top level, he has a good couple seasons yet.

MAME DIOUF 32

I didn't think he played well today but he won the free kick that led to the goal and almost got one himself with a near-perfect header. I guess that's the benefit of having a striker who never stops moving and trying to get involved. Even on bad days there's a good chance they'll find the one moment you need.

Red & White

Some nice touches and very unlucky with a great header. His attitude, experience and work rate is brilliant for our whole squad. Delighted to have him at our club.

Rockets Redglare

Did anyone else notice him talking to Greenwood after his goal? Loved to see that, looked like Greenwood was really hanging on his every word as well.

Andersons Dietician

Was he giving greenwood advice after his goal or have I imagined that in my drunk state ?
Think there were a few occasions. There was one, not sure if it was after the goal but he was walking with Greenwood and doing some serious hand gesturing whilst trying to explain something.

Jam

Not sure how people can talk about age when The Undertaker was wrestling until he was 50

Got nothing to do with Cavani but I'm just saying.
Captain Tom did a 100 laps of his garden and he’s about 143.

That’s the bar.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I was livid with Cavani after Liverpool's equaliser but he made up for it by winning the free kick that Bruno scored the winner from. You can't fault his effort. However, I expect him to make more of the crosses Fernandes is floating onto his forehead going forward.

RedDevilRoshi

He’s proven to be such an excellent signing. So intelligent in the final 3rd and his link up play, is just 2nd to none.

Would hope to get him on a new 2 year deal soon. His experience is proving to be vital.

Mr Smith

He'll probably need a rest but I'd be OK with that, would be confident of beating Sheffield United without him. However if Greenwood and Rashford both have problems then we might have no choice but to play him...

Eternitiy

I think many United fans and English football fans in general rated Zlatan and Cavani as overrated and not as good as their records would suggest before they came to the Premier League. Well, both players came to United walked in like they own the place. Zlatan was brilliant, and the Premier League was a joke for him, as has been every other League he's played in. Cavani, too, has shown that his quality knows no bounds. Amazing work rate, skill, and intelligence. Always admired him throughout the years, and really delighted he's with us, even late in his career.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
A work-horse who can finish. His movement is fantastic, and it says a lot when I was shocked that he missed that header chance at the end of the game.

Wish we signed him sooner. Hopefully we give him another year at least.

Adamsk7

That header was not easy as it was a bit behind him - how he moved his body back and still managed to nod the ball downwards with accuracy was amazing to me - I’ve not seen movement and pure finishing ability like that here since Ruud. Many may think that’s hyperbole but old school strikers like this don’t come around much these days and I am finding him a joy to watch.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Loved his celebration for Rashford's goal. He took the game seriously, it's plain to see.

Hoof the ball

Also a bit of a myth-buster here. When I find the link I'll post it here but one of the major statistic websites did an analysis of his shots-to-goals ratio and found that not only was Cavani not wasteful with his chances, like the myth perpetuates, but it went even further to show that he's actually one of the best conversion rates in this current generation.

MattofManchester

Hoping he can help blood in Greenwood for the role, as having a player with this kind of movement coupled with Greenwood's technique and finishing would be sublime.

As for him personallly, you'd think he'd have nothing left to prove at 33 and established his legend status at PSG.
I personally had doubts, not about his quality, but his injury record in his last bit at PSG. But my God, what focus and determination he has brought back to this club.
Him and Bruno have refreshed the squad, atmosphere around the club and even the atmosphere amongst the fanbase.

Last edited:

AgentSmith

That header was not easy as it was a bit behind him - how he moved his body back and still managed to nod the ball downwards with accuracy was amazing to me - I’ve not seen movement and pure finishing ability like that here since Ruud. Many may think that’s hyperbole but old school strikers like this don’t come around much these days and I am finding him a joy to watch.
I’m equally over the moon with Cavani but surely you’re forgetting Van Persie?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Hoping he can help blood in Greenwood for the role, as having a player with this kind of movement coupled with Greenwood's technique and finishing would be sublime.
Hopefully. I still think Greenwood's off the ball movement needs to improve much. And also his "aggressiveness" to be a CF. And Cavani has both traits.

Chicharo

I don't care if he is 34 or 44, he's in a great physical shape and can definitely play more often than many expected. When on the pitch he"s omnipresent he doesn't just stay close to the opponent's box and waits for a chance.
Our main striker atm.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I could sleep good at night even when the other forwards arent scoring goals because we have Edinson fecking Cavani as an option. He should have scored two header goals in the last 2 games. His movements are incredible, the accuracy of his headers as well. On top of that he also works hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.