6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamsk7

Feel sorry for this absolute champion having to watch those buffoons at the back (minus Shaw).

Idxomer

Took his goal well, and played well in general, but I swear to god I’ve seen a low cross hit his standing foot after he‘s taken a massive airshot about 6 times this season, what the feck is that about?
He's a great player but his technique isn't that good which leads to some loose touches and stuff like that airshot happening often.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Really happy with him. It's funny because he actually plays the role very similar to Martial in dropping deep to connect play, instead of just being someone like Lukaku who was out of the play mostly until the ball got close to the box. If Martial could ever learn the movement and attacking spaces off the ball that Cavani has he'd be incredible, because Cavani does as well as he does even without being very gifted on the ball.

parkthebuslads

It's infuriating how they insist on not showing his celebration. He looks like Legolas and it's often the highlight of my week.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
His pressing from the front is immense along with Bruno.

This pressing was the reason why we completely outclassed Everton today in the first half.

Remincent of Tevez and Rooney.

Nicolarra90

Hopefully he can keep this level for a few seasons more so he can add some silverware with us like Zlatan did.

If he came here 3 years ago...

Sylar

His movement for the goal was great. He doesn't stop moving which you can see makes it hard to defend against

amsoUG

Good header.
So active when we don't have the ball - I wish this same energy can be put into his build-up play instead of the pressing.

kthanksbye

That's what a hardworking competent #9 looks like. Makes Martial look like a pub team player in comparison.

Name Changed

weso26
He is class. He works so hard. He never stops running. Demands the best.

The opposite to Martial really.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It's such a shame that he came to the league so late in his career. One of my favourite strikers of the last decade or so and gave us a torrid time in all the games he's played against us this year.

432JuanMata

I remember the CAF calling him overrated and doing it in France isn’t hard during his peak yet at 33 he is our best forward. His work rate is exceptional should be starting most games til the end of the season

Man Utd 1:0 West Ham

Sylar

Sometimes on the pitch you can see him telling his teammates (esp the strikers) what to do in terms of movement or where to be. You would hope they are learning.
But the strikers do often seem static / in a line which is easy to defend when hes not on the pitch.

Martial for example really really always (most of the time) wants the ball to his feet. The one chance in the first half which lead to an excellent block was due to this run on the back of the defender and not wanting the ball to his feet in a static position. Hopefully we see more of that.

ovoxo

Even if we do manage to sign someone like Haaland in 2022, I’d consider keeping Cavani as a bench option, especially if he has the legs for it.

Foxbatt

Cavani is going to be much better if he has better players behind him to find him with his movements.

Adamsk7

Guy is so fit that we’ll definitely keep him for next season and we may even squeeze one more out of him as a bench option. Think he’s more of an Inzaghi/Zlatan type player in that’ll he’ll still be useful at 35-36

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Guy is so fit that we’ll definitely keep him for next season and we may even squeeze one more out of him as a bench option. Think he’s more of an Inzaghi/Zlatan type player in that’ll he’ll still be useful at 35-36
I've said from the start, when many thought he was a mercenary coming for a holiday, that his single-minded objective would be staying in top form for Qatar.

Doubt we will get an extra season after that. He isn't going to stick around as a bench-warmer, not for the money anyway. Maybe he gets really motivated by the team going places, or some of the yougsters, but that's a bit of a long shot I think. More likely he will either retire or unwind having a short stint at his boyhood club.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Misses so many chances where he cant contact with the football.

I saw it in the last game too, misses chances of a simple volley at slow pace.

city-puma

It’s a mistake to substitute Martial instead of Cavani. We basically give up the options to penetrate the box with quick one-two and close control dribbling.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
Let's not sugarcoat it, he was awful.

His average technique will keep hurting the team.
Any top manager would not be starting him.
He’s a player you bring in the second half If you’re chasing a goal. Long gone are the days when you have a limited technical striker who’s bascially usless outside the box, and still hope to win titles.

stevoc

Needs service. When half the game disappears with horizontal passing behind him, he can do feck all.
If the games passing him by then he needs to drop a bit deeper and help out. Passenger.

Last edited:

Idxomer

Any top manager would not be starting him.
He’s a player you bring in the second half If you’re chasing a goal. Long gone are the days when you have a limited technical striker who’s bascially usless outside the box, and still hope to win titles.
Can't argue with any of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.