Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
To put it simply, the problem isn't Cavani, it's the players who are supposed to supply him.

He'd be in double figures by now if players weren't as selfish or could at least find his runs. I think he's been brilliant but nobody seems to be able to find him with a pass.

Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't take the option of the extra year, let alone United.
Wow....I thought Keane, Ronaldo, Scholes were brilliant. Bruno’s input has been brilliant since he signed if not his overall performances all the time.

Cavani.....he’s been mediocre. He had two decent chances last night, one from a corner and one header from a cross, a defender couldn’t have done a better job of clearing the danger.

Wow....I thought Keane, Ronaldo, Scholes were brilliant.
feck me you think 3 of the best players to ever play for the club were just ”brilliant”, that’s nice.
I thought the three of them were absolutely sensational, World Class footballers and Manchester United legends.

For what it’s worth Lukaku is showing in Italy what a fecking nightmare it is to play as a loan number nine for Manchester United, Martial is feeling it and is completely dejected, and now Cavani just looks like he wants to rip his fecking hair out.
But yeah sure, we just need a new striker, that will fix it.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
feck me you think 3 of the best players to ever play for the club were just ”brilliant”, that’s nice.
I thought the three of them were absolutely sensational, World Class footballers and Manchester United legends.

For what it’s worth Lukaku is showing in Italy what a fecking nightmare it is to play as a loan number nine for Manchester United, Martial is feeling it and is completely dejected, and now Cavani just looks like he wants to rip his fecking hair out.
But yeah sure, we just need a new striker, that will fix it.
Oh don’t get me wrong that’s not the solution. I never said that. I was talking about Cavanis contributions....he hasn’t been brilliant at all. In fact he’s swung at fresh air, missed the biggest sitters of the season and his inclusion for me doesn’t improve the team, it has a detrimental effect on the other two forwards.

Sylar

Why do we hesitate to cross early when hes playing or on the pitch? We had no hesitation when he went off the pitch which was annoying.
Also, why didnt we make a change and throw on Telles to put in crosses for Cavani? It seems we never try that.

SirScholes

Zlatan good? Or Henrik Larson good?
I’d like to see Cavani in a team with Rooney scholes I bet he’d score twice as many as he has with rashford Greenwood Fred
Not as good as zlatan because he has never been as good as zlatan?
What a very strange thing to ask haha

SirScholes

Oh don’t get me wrong that’s not the solution. I never said that. I was talking about Cavanis contributions....he hasn’t been brilliant at all. In fact he’s swung at fresh air, missed the biggest sitters of the season and his inclusion for me doesn’t improve the team, it has a detrimental effect on the other two forwards.
You’re watching a different game to everyone else then

Mainoldo

I’d like to see Cavani in a team with Rooney scholes I bet he’d score twice as many as he has with rashford Greenwood Fred
Not as good as zlatan because he has never been as good as zlatan?
What a very strange thing to ask haha
I’d say he’s been an elite striker. I don’t think it would ever be crazy talk to put him in the Zlatan category. It’s not the same category as Ronaldo and Messi so it’s fine.

As for who he is playing with you could say the same for Martial. I’m sure he’d be a 20 goal a season striker with those Players too.

SirScholes

I’d say he’s been an elite striker. I don’t think it would ever be crazy talk to put him in the Zlatan category. It’s not the same category as Ronaldo and Messi so it’s fine.

As for who he is playing with you could say the same for Martial. I’m sure he’d be a 20 goal a season striker with those Players too.
The difference is Cavanis movement and effort
Also he has scored more goals in fewer games in a new team new league at 34

you can not say Cavani is like zlatan at all

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We're deluding ourselves if we believe Cavani can be our Harry Kane. Looking already like the fairy tale coming to an end.
Who thought that? He's 33. He's a very decent striker to bridge the gap while Greenwood matures and hopefully develops into a top striker as that is where his future and potential lies. We signed Cavani on a free at the end of the window as we needed a striker, and he's done well, but nobody expected him to score 20+ either as he likely won't be fit enough to play enough games for that.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Aren't there rumours he will go to Boca in the summer? I think he may well want a return to South America with the current covid restrictions. Says a lot about the squad that he is currently the best centre-forward and it isn't even close.

Idxomer

He averages a goal or an assist every 148 minutes, that's actually worse than Martial who's having the worst season in his career.

The stats don't support him being clearly our best striker, he is maybe marginally better than an out-of-form Martial but that's it.

Siorac

He averages a goal or an assist every 148 minutes, that's actually worse than Martial who's having the worst season in his career.
That's wrong though. In the Premier League, Martial has 0.45 goals+assists per 90 minutes, Cavani has 0.78. In all competitions, Cavani is at 0.6, Martial is at 0.49.

In all competitions, Cavani scores or assists every 150 minutes, Martial does it at every 182.5 minutes.

R77

He's made some important contributions for us so far. We'd be at least 6 points worse off without him. He spends some time out, first match back, in the fog, in a team devoid of creativity, and gets slagged off to feck. Past it now apparently. Never change Red Cafe, never change. Actually...

Idxomer

That's wrong though. In the Premier League, Martial has 0.45 goals+assists per 90 minutes, Cavani has 0.78. In all competitions, Cavani is at 0.6, Martial is at 0.49.

In all competitions, Cavani scores or assists every 150 minutes, Martial does it at every 182.5 minutes.
Are those counting penalties won as assists?

Mainoldo

The difference is Cavanis movement and effort
Also he has scored more goals in fewer games in a new team new league at 34

you can not say Cavani is like zlatan at all
Of course I can. He’s in that bracket of player you’ve just mentioned all his positives and he’s done it at the highest level. Zlatan is better than him but careers wise it’s not that far apart. Cavani’s been one of the best strikers this decade.

SirScholes

Of course I can. He’s in that bracket of player you’ve just mentioned all his positives and he’s done it at the highest level. Zlatan is better than him but careers wise it’s not that far apart. Cavani’s been one of the best strikers this decade.
these brackets are absolute fictiondon’t exist you can’t just group players together and say they are the same haha

talk about Larson he scored.......3 goals!

you really haven’t supported your argument well at all here buddy.
Back to the drawing board I think

Mainoldo

these brackets are absolute fictiondon’t exist you can’t just group players together and say they are the same haha

talk about Larson he scored.......3 goals!

you really haven’t supported your argument well at all here buddy.
Back to the drawing board I think
Cavani scored 7 playing what will be a full season. The impact is pretty simple compared to the most dumb down brackets I could give and should have easily been understood.

He’s either blowing up trees like Zlatan at United or blowing up trees like Larson at United. It wasn’t a hard question.

SirScholes

Cavani scored 7 playing what will be a full season. The impact is pretty simple compared to the most dumb down brackets I could give and should have easily been understood.

He’s either blowing up trees like Zlatan at United or blowing up trees like Larson at United. It wasn’t a hard question.
You pull up trees for gods sake man you don’t blow them up
Right so he’s scored more than Larson who you wanted to bring into play for unknown reasons and zlatan who is a freak we can’t use as a comparison, the man has over 500 club goals, I’d imagine Cavani is not on that level so we are back to martial and Cavani

I’d much much rather start Cavani as our centre forward than Martial, he wants it more and is a better player in general
Martial never going to put up numbers we need from our main Striker, he can’t even keep up with Cavani who is just a stop gap

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Rumoured to be missing for the 3rd time we've played City in a row.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Aren't there rumours he will go to Boca in the summer? I think he may well want a return to South America with the current covid restrictions. Says a lot about the squad that he is currently the best centre-forward and it isn't even close.
Looks quite likely, yes.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Seriously starting to think extending this guy's deal would be a huge mistake. He's injury prone and washed up.

croadyman

Seriously starting to think extending this guy's deal would be a huge mistake. He's injury prone and washed up.
Yeah he has missed every game against City this season and it's starting to look like a striker is rapidly moving up the priority list, maybe he is destined never to play in front of a crowd at Old Trafford too which will be a shame but one of those things

lex talionis

CF is our highest priority with or without Cavani, but it is annoying he’s out with injury yet again. Cavani’s health issues are physical and Martial’s health issues are mental. A bit of bad bad fortune out strikers are chronically physically and mentally crocked.

croadyman

CF is our highest priority with or without Cavani, but it is annoying he’s out with injury yet again. Cavani’s health issues are physical and Martial’s health issues are mental. A bit of bad bad fortune out strikers are chronically physically and mentally crocked.
Yeah I can see now why it's our joint highest priority with CB & RW

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
This is why it’s a bad idea to put 33-34 year olds on large paying contracts. Injuries take longer to heal and come around more frequently.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Well we needed a striker with or without him really. Can't go into next season relying on martial and greenwood again

SAFMUTD

Wait until summer to extend his contract, we all knew he had injury issues, still a good back up but is worriying how much time he spends injured.

If we get another striker I dont think renewing him would be a good idea, a shame but we got him too little too late.

always_hoping

The red label rags are saying Cavani won't be looking for contract extension this summer as he plans to return to South America.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I can agree with the 'injury prone' bit, but how is he looking washed up?
Well they kind of go hand in hand. His body can't handle the intensity of the game anymore.

6 goals this season. Mctomminay has more doesn't he?

He's been okay at best. I'm not slightest bit bothered if he leaves.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Cavani is going. Its looking more and more obvious we are going to try our best for Haaland.

We are the club that want him the most - arguably something Haaland said Dortmund were before his first move.

DuruttiColumn

People really taking Cavanis dads words a bit too literally.
Maybe he’s just an old guy who wants his son back home because he misses him?

Status
Not open for further replies.