6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

Injured again. Not traveling to the Milan game which is a must win for us.

Let him go in the summer.

It's time for the club to buy it's next striker.

We are 5 stop gaps in now. Flacao, Ibra, Cavani and Igalho. Time to buy a long term striker and one that's good enough to compete at the top level for years to come.

Go all out for Halaand.

Drizzle

Interesting wording from Ole.

"Didn't feel ready to travel". Hmmm.

There's definitely something going on there. Either way, there's no point in having a key player that's out for 20-30 games every season.

Marwood

We are 5 stop gaps in now. Flacao, Ibra, Cavani and Igalho. Time to buy a long term striker and one that's good enough to compete at the top level for years to come.

Go all out for Halaand.
Yeah completely agree. He's been fun but fed up of his injuries now.

SATA

Thank him for the hat trick and 3 points at Soton but let him go to Boca if he wants to go. Always thought he’s a fighter but ‘didn’t feel ready to travel’ sounds like he has sort of given up here and committing fully for this club

laughtersassassin

Yeah completely agree. He's been fun but fed up of his injuries now.
Also we can't go into next season with Martial and Greenwood as our only strikers since they are both having a poor year goalscoring wise
Too risky.

I was all for buying a RW but a striker is needed more now

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah, there's just too much wear and tear to seriously rely on him at the moment. If Martial was playing at the level he showed the season before, you could accept the Cavani extension as the second choice (when he is fit). He was injured a lot in his final season at PSG, and we're now in mid-March and it doesn't look like the injuries are getting any less frequent.

A move back to South America in the summer and us utilising that space (and shirt number, heh) in the squad to either get a top level no.9 (Haaland or ?) or a top level winger (Grealish/Sancho) would probably be for the best.

laughtersassassin

Yeah, there's just too much wear and tear to seriously rely on him at the moment. If Martial was playing at the level he showed the season before, you could accept the Cavani extension as the second choice (when he is fit). He was injured a lot in his final season at PSG, and we're now in mid-March and it doesn't look like the injuries are getting any less frequent.

A move back to South America in the summer and us utilising that space (and shirt number, heh) in the squad to either get a top level no.9 (Haaland or ?) or a top level winger (Grealish/Sancho) would probably be for the best.
Striker time for me. Can't go into next season with Martial and Greenwood when neither are in form

always_hoping

Go all out for Halaand.
Let's be honest with these owners and with Woodward still in charge another "stop gap" will be brought in this summer before Haaland.

0le

Let's be honest with these owners and with Woodward still in charge another "stop gap" will be brought in this summer before Haaland.
We are never going to sign Haaland so the sooner those stories die down the better.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not sure what's going on here given he's been training again. Oles words are interesting and clearly put the decision on the player rather than the club.

Shame this really as he's been really good for us so I'm not sure why it's all gone a bit pear shaped. Sounds like the club are getting fed up of it.

laughtersassassin

Not sure what's going on here given he's been training again. Oles words are interesting and clearly put the decision on the player rather than the club.

Shame this really as he's been really good for us so I'm not sure why it's all gone a bit pear shaped. Sounds like the club are getting fed up of it.
Really good is probably an overstatement. Scored some important goals but missed a lot of th season and his best performances have been off the bench tbh .

Don't think any of our strikers have been really good

TheReligion

Abusive
Really good is probably an overstatement. Scored some important goals but missed a lot of th season and his best performances have been off the bench tbh .

Don't think any of our strikers have been really good
Nah he's been really good for me. The best number 9 we've had in recent times. Great workrate, movement and build up play. Natural.

Anyway it's a strange one why it's going off with him. I'd say he's pretty important to us bagging a trophy this season.

Devil may care

Him being injury prone was my big concern from the start and unfortunately it's looking founded, the oddest thing is Ole's wording that he didn't feel ready to travel, South American players are usually gritty and Cavani is in that mold so this seems out of character.

When a player has been round the block like Cavani, I’ve no issue in the player deciding when he can play.

nothing to read into it.

the injuries are a concern.

but he’s been doing the job expected of him. We are relying on him more than expected because of the poor return of Martial and Greenwood.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Missing for yet another important game. For what he likely cost in fees and wages he's been a waste of money.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
I kind of don't mind that he's out, gives us a chance to see what Greenwood can do up top with a run of games. He played well last game, just didn't have luck on his side to score. Of course the issue now is we have no backup option should we need one tomorrow.

Foxbatt

When a player has been round the block like Cavani, I’ve no issue in the player deciding when he can play.

nothing to read into it.

the injuries are a concern.

but he’s been doing the job expected of him. We are relying on him more than expected because of the poor return of Martial and Greenwood.
Agree with you. Plus he is not the kind of guy to give up for no good reason.

RRCE

I suspect Ole has lost some patience with Cavani. I have no doubt he respects him and appreciates much of what he’s brought to the team this season (on and off the pitch). That said, Ole is old school. I think he expects players to sacrifice for the team and play through pain. That’s part of the reason he loves Rashford, for example. With his track record, Cavani’s injuries this season shouldn’t be a surprise. He’s unreliable. As the saying goes, the best ability is availability. Ole’s frustration may be seeping through in his comments.

If I had any sense of assurance that United would actually bring in a top class replacement, I’d gladly thank Cavani for his time and send him on his way.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Him being injury prone was my big concern from the start and unfortunately it's looking founded, the oddest thing is Ole's wording that he didn't feel ready to travel, South American players are usually gritty and Cavani is in that mold so this seems out of character.
It is if we infer he "didn't feel like it", more likely he can tell when he is not fully fit.

He is not the sort of player who can pace himself and have a half-arsed performance nursing an injury and with occasional bursts of activity. Either he is fit to play or he will break down within 20 minutes.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I voiced my concerns when there were rumors he'd come here, because I'd see him injure himself with PSG kicking a ball. He's not the kind of guy who's not playing because he doesn't feel like it or has his eyes elsewhere, he's the consummate professional, but he's breaking down and we're seeing a continuation of that trend unfortunately.

SAFMUTD

Sadly we got him too late, we shouldn't renew him. His fitness problems are clearly an issue and there's no point in having a back up striker when he's not available half of the time due to injuries.

lost7

After hearing Ole's interview, it almost sounds like he wasn't too happy that Cavani decided not to travel to Milan. He specifically worded it as he chose not to travel because he didn't feel 100%. Normally Ole's a lot more protective of the players, so I reckon Cavani's off at the end of the season

tomaldinho1

After hearing Ole's interview, it almost sounds like he wasn't too happy that Cavani decided not to travel to Milan. He specifically worded it as he chose not to travel because he didn't feel 100%. Normally Ole's a lot more protective of the players, so I reckon Cavani's off at the end of the season
Acting like a player who is waiting to move to be honest - reports today were that he'd agreed terms with Boca (not authenticated but multiple outlets)

DuruttiColumn

Gone a bit quiet.
All them stories about him being a positive influence in the dressing room have stopped and he’s not contributed anything for weeks

looking like he’s not up for it any more?

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He's had some very nice moments for us, and it's obvious that he's a quality striker and player. The way he presses, his runs even when he doesnt score. No defender likes to play against him and that is something Martial and Greenwood should learn an awful lot from. However he seems injury prone, is on quite high wages, and frankly hasn't produced that much. It seems unlikely that next season would be much better from him.

I think I read that United have to pay him an additional 2 million if he stays for just one year, he is on 9 million a year. However, it is very unlikely that United will buy an additional world class striker this summer. Hopefully fans will return and he can stay to bridge the gap for when United does buy the man who will lead United's attack in the coming years. Not an ideal situation but the best I think.

Man Utd 2:1 Brighton

el3mel

Terrible performance. Easily our worst attacking player today.

I'm not sure. Last few months have been underwhelming. He started really, really great here, but faded a lot as the season went on.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Doesn’t really look like he wants to be here, to be honest. I reckon he’s already thinking of sunny South America again

Status
Not open for further replies.