6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

Honestly think his movement in the box is worse than Martials. He just doesn't move to get away from CBs. Hardly gets a sniff.

Red00012

If this was martial tonight he’d be destroyed .

A new striker is very quickly becomingthe most important signing this summer

Red Royal

Will always remember the game away at Saints and the cup winner at Goodisom, but please can we not rely on Cavani as our CF next year!!

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He clearly isn’t the answer. It’s so obvious we are missing the attributes that Martial brought last season.

city-puma

It seems clear now that our play style doesn’t suit him. It’s time to give youngsters some opportunity, like Elanga.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He doesn't want to be here. He's not even doing his world class movement. There was a shot which the keeper saved but he made no attempt to follow it up. Very unlike him

youngrell

Just looks like he’s ticking over now and running down his contract. Phoned in his effort tonight when compared to the intensity of previous games when he was happy.

Bad timing too with Martial injury.

Dan_F

I’ve said it plenty from the off, when everyone else was talking about his movement (mainly pundits), it’s just basic stuff that most strikers will do. There was a period where it was non stop talking about his movement and commentators just kept on repeating it.

I’m not really blaming him though, there’s a reason both him and Martial have really struggled. Even Mason when he’s played up top. Makes me wonder whether we actually want a proper number 9, or whether we’re better off with three fluid forwards (like with the Martial of last season).

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Utter crap. Hope it’s just injuries taking their toll but he’s not the answer; think we knew that anyway

city-puma

He clearly isn’t the answer. It’s so obvious we are missing the attributes that Martial brought last season.
We miss Martial so much in this game. I just feel angry again that RVG sold Welbeck who is now so good as a pivot point upfront.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
What are we losing if he decides to go to Boca? Been no help to us for months.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Stay fit till the rest of the season and just get more minutes to regain some sort of form... it's not like we're crowded in attack.

jem

If this was martial tonight he’d be destroyed .

A new striker is very quickly becomingthe most important signing this summer
I love Cavani but tonight was reminiscent of Martial in uninterested mode. Not encouraging at all, given that we won't be seeing Martial for a while.

SAFMUTD

Showing real worrying signs, we should let him go. Looking more and more like it would be a dodged bullet decision.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Martial, Greenwood and Cavani have all struggled upfront. Is it them or the tactics?

Idxomer

I never subscribe to the idea he showed us what we're missing in a center-forward

If we're trying to sign a new striker, it should be someone in the mould of the Martial version of last season.

Abraxas

He seems to have quite drastically dropped off in his overall contribution. He seems to be struggling to get hold of the ball and bring players into the game at the moment. His touch and weight of pass is looking off the mark. Beyond not looking a threat that's a real concern. Overall I think we would be looking to move on from this one irrespective of whether he wanted to leave the club in the summer or not. Hopefully he's got a couple of big contributions left in him.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Absolutely shit lately, and was amazed he was even allowed to begin the 2nd half today. Awful.

Classical Mechanic

He’s was great for a little spell and now he’s been crap for a little spell. Most of the time he seems to be injured. Kind of left feeling a bit cold about him.

Guapa

Looked off it tonight.Maybe he's made his mind up he's off.

Crashoutcassius

Greenwood has scored in his last 2 apps as a striker, if memory serves me correctly.
Fair enough, so our other option is a 19 year playing his first few professional games as a striker. We shouldn't be here really, especially when we sold an 80m striker 18 months ago

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Fair enough, so our other option is a 19 year playing his first few professional games as a striker. We shouldn't be here really, especially when we sold an 80m striker 18 months ago
If the choice is what we have now or Lukaku, I choose now.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
He had no service. Even rvn would struggle without an iota of service, do remember he was getting quality balls from beckham and giggs from the wings and scholes from the midfield.

Falcow

I think I would rather Ighalo up front. Honestly. Cavanis link up play is dreadful. Has scored a handful of goals for us but we seriously need to improve the striker dept over the summer.

He was like a pub player today. Him leaving is probably the right thing for all parties.

edcunited1878

Lone CF against a very compact backline of 3 CBs, then a backline of 5 when defending and another defending bank behind him. All with scraps to feed off of.

His engagement with the Brighton defender at least did put him off and allowed United to transition to Bruno and Rashford for the first goal.

Zero service from Rashford or Greenwood, no space for Bruno to operate behind him, and zero service from AWB.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He’s checked out. None of the harrying defenders and busting a gut to get on the end of everything we saw a few months ago.

spiriticon

Looks like he's checked out since his dad opened his mouth.

Nothing to pretend to play for now.

This is why we need to ban family members and agents from talking too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.