Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SATA

Odinson Cavani.

Hopefully he'll sign that extension. At this rate, he can play in any big club in the world.

Beautiful man, beautiful header.
Look at Pogba. He wasn't even elated or suprised that went in. It's like he's seen a thousand times of those from Cavani in training :lol:

mav_9me

Have PSG got any forwards with a year left on their contract? Might as well just get the pre-contract agreement sorted out now.
I dont know about a year left, but Icardi is wasting away there. I know he has a circus with him but he was supposed to be good before his stock falling. Just wondering if he is a proper 9?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Just as well he scored that header as that useless Kavanagh didn’t give him a clear handball just seconds before when their defender saved his shot like a goalkeeper.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I dont know about a year left, but Icardi is wasting away there. I know he has a circus with him but he was supposed to be good before his stock falling. Just wondering if he is a proper 9?
No

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Just as well he scored that header as that useless Kavanagh didn’t give him a clear handball just seconds before when their defender saved his shot like a goalkeeper.
I’m sure VAR would have given that to be fair. He played advantage and we scored from that phase of play.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’m sure VAR would have given that to be fair. He played advantage and we scored from that phase of play.
He didn’t seem interested in it at all tbh, not sure if it was an advantage. How can you play advantage for a potential penalty? Especially when the ball went back outside the box and we had to rebuild the attack.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He didn’t seem interested in it at all tbh, not sure if it was an advantage. How can you play advantage for a potential penalty? Especially when the ball went back outside the box and we had to rebuild the attack.
Refs now can act a bit safer with potential pens and not jumping the gun so easily, so he might not have been sure at the time and just let it go only to make VAR call it later if nothing happened from the chance. We also had a handball shout for a pen so I think it's pretty fair assesment of both, however not sure if that happened before or after..

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It was the same as the Greenwood hand ball shout. He obviously didn’t see it and play went on, if it was a clear hand ball which I think we can all agree it was as it blocked a shot that was likely on target, VAR would have made the call and he would have stopped play.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
You gotta give him MOtM.

Covering as LB, great defensive header, then a classic CF goal.

Shades it over Pogba but to contribute that much in 30 mins is amazing.

His selfless play is not the action of someone playing in Argentina next season.

SirScholes

Sky sports have this fact in the match on their website

“Cavani has now scored five Premier League goals as a substitute - the most by a United player in a single season in the history of the competition”

surely that’s bollocks? Ole scored 4 in one match against forest so I’m guessing he scored atleast one more as a sub to match that

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups

“Cavani has now scored five Premier League goals as a substitute - the most by a United player in a single season in the history of the competition”

surely that’s bollocks? Ole scored 4 in one match against forest so I’m guessing he scored atleast one more as a sub to match that
Chicharito must have as well, no?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Joint-most with Ole and Chicha I think.

Al-T

I recall Sokskjaer scored 4 v Forest in Feb 1999 and came on as a sub v West Ham in January and scored.

There may be others but it's definitely not a first.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It was the same as the Greenwood hand ball shout. He obviously didn’t see it and play went on, if it was a clear hand ball which I think we can all agree it was as it blocked a shot that was likely on target, VAR would have made the call and he would have stopped play.
Is that right? That’s the way it works? VAR says something in his ear and he blows up to stop play. I only ask because I honestly can’t remember seeing that happen. Can you think of a precedent?

Last edited:

Zen86

It would be such a massive shame if the guy returned to South America. It’s clear he’s still a class player with a lot more to give, even at the ripe old age of 34. Most of all, we desperately need him.

SirScholes

I recall Sokskjaer scored 4 v Forest in Feb 1999 and came on as a sub v West Ham in January and scored.

There may be others but it's definitely not a first.
I mean I haven’t checked but can’t believe ole scored 4 in one game then not more than 1 as a
Sub the remainder of the season

hungrywing

Has anyone, any one at all, mentioned that if he'd played more - carefully managed the same way as now - in Jan-Feb (or even earlier) we'd likely be in an-honest-to-God title challenge.

Marcus

Cavani brings to the team in spades what we all thought Falcao would.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
You gotta give him MOtM.

Covering as LB, great defensive header, then a classic CF goal.

Shades it over Pogba but to contribute that much in 30 mins is amazing.

His selfless play is not the action of someone playing in Argentina next season.
I don't think so. The man is the ultimate pro, even when PSG made it clear he was gonna leave, the few times they played him, he still gave 100%. It's who he is as a player. It has nothing to do with his intention to stay or leave

Has anyone, any one at all, mentioned that if he'd played more - carefully managed the same way as now - in Jan-Feb (or even earlier) we'd likely be in an-honest-to-God title challenge.
It's tough to tell, it felt like the coaching were too cautious with him but then again the injury and the ban didn't help him get into a consistent flow. I never had doubt about him, it was a matter of time before he'd win the fanbase over

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Watching his headed goal actually has me a bit worried about Haaland - isnt he not that good in the air?

dal

Cavani has played 1625 minutes for us this season and scored 15 goals and 4 assist.

That is a goal contribution every 85 minutes, that’s is insane for a 34 year old.

Which is better than Bruno and Rashford accepting the sample size is less but it’s still brilliant.

izec

We still need to manage him. Him playing twice a week for weeks and months he wont keep up. We need to rest him when it makes sense and keep him fresh and injury free for when it matters. He is that good that you want him to play every game, but due to his age and some injury issues, i would be careful. He runs himself into the ground as well.

hubbuh

It was a lovely way to finish the game. Inch perfect cross from Rashford and elite level movement and header from Cavani. Avvv it.
We still need to manage him. Him playing twice a week for weeks and months he wont keep up. We need to rest him when it makes sense and keep him fresh and injury free for when it matters. He is that good that you want him to play every game, but due to his age and some injury issues, i would be careful. He runs himself into the ground as well.
I wonder how Ole intends to use him in the next two games against Leicester and Liverpool. He's so deadly and we look much better when he's on the pitch, but as you said he needs properly managing. As long as we beat the scouse I'm happy.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He has the same number of goals Lukaku had in his last season. Great return considering he was a panic buy, wasn’t a starter, and has had injuries.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Cavani has played 1625 minutes for us this season and scored 15 goals and 4 assist.

That is a goal contribution every 85 minutes, that’s is insane for a 34 year old.

Which is better than Bruno and Rashford accepting the sample size is less but it’s still brilliant.
Fixed

AshRK

12 years ago a free buy got a number 7 and bought a curse. Now a free buy wears the number 7 and lifts the curse off it. Brilliant.

fanutd

Not going to pretend that I always knew of his clever runs and ridiculous heading ability. In fact, I hold my hand up and confess that I always believe the popular consensus of him being wasteful with his chances.

I stumbled upon this video of his. Looking at the video and seeing the combination of power and technique in his headers there isn’t any doubt he could do this in practically any league.

The Firestarter

Not going to pretend that I always knew of his clever runs and ridiculous heading ability. In fact, I hold my hand up and confess that I always believe the popular consensus of him being wasteful with his chances.

I stumbled upon this video of his. Looking at the video and seeing the combination of power and technique in his headers there isn’t any doubt he could do this in practically any league.

I knew that heading style reminded me of someone. Ivan Zamorano, although he could jump a bit higher :

Status
Not open for further replies.