Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
We were desperate for him to not go for international break but the moment we signed Ronaldo he is being called all sort of names here as they think he isn't required. And they wonder why would a player think for themselves first.

OverratedOpinion

Having him who can be incredible for 25 games a season and Ronaldo who can be incredible for even more than that but maybe not a whole season in England is basically like having a world class striker the entire year. Love that for us.

Skeezix

If Ronaldo is the extroverted consummate professional, then Cavani is the introverted version of that.

We need both in this young dressing room.

peridigm

Hope he stays and we win something this season but if things don't go well for him, I could see him moving on in January. Just a gut feeling, nothing more.

lenny_1248

It'd be a shame if Cavani leaves not winning a trophy with the club. The guy is unbelievable. All players from South America want to play for their countries, you can't blame them.

tomaldinho1

It'd be a shame if Cavani leaves not winning a trophy with the club. The guy is unbelievable. All players from South America want to play for their countries, you can't blame them.

As opposed to Europeans who don’t?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Surely the international games are going to be a problem for all the South American players in the PL? I believe Brazil is on the red list as well, so that means Fred, Jesus, Richarlison, Fernandinho, Alisson, Ederson, Firmino, Silva etc would all have issues. Then there is the AFCON in January as well, if I'm not mistaken.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He has things to his game that Ronaldo no longer does. Work rate and mobility, as well as a goalscorer as well. I'm not sure how this Ronaldo move will work out, he may just end up a frustrated figure at times. Or he'll score loads. Which version we get will dictate how important cavani is or could be to us I think. The games where he's on the periphery, cavani would probably add more.

Last edited:

pratyush_utd

Seems like Ole disagree with a lot of people here

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I actually think we should let him go. With Ronaldo starting majority of our games, I just don’t see where will he fit in at all, unless he doesn’t mind playing bit part role for us. But we also have Greenwood who we will need to give him some game time too.

FW: Ronaldo, Greenwood, Cavani, Martial
LWF: Rashford, Pogba, Sancho, Ronaldo, Martial
RWF: Sancho, Greenwood, Diallo, James, Mata
AM: Bruno, VDB, Lingard, Pogba
CM/DM: Fred, Mctominay, Pogba, Matic

Well covered in all position, but it’s a bit too much…. 10 players for front 3 position…. We only need 6 or 7

I think we should sell at least 2 or 3 of the followings: James, Cavani, Lingard, Martial, VDB

And then we should add at least 1 more DM

Last edited:

RetroStu

I think Cavani showed last year that he's still top class, and works as hard as anyomne.
I think people are dreaming if they think we will push him out or something, all over a stupid squad number, while we have people like Martial stinking up the place.
Cavani will play in 30 games this season, no doubt.

Drainy

I think Cavani showed last year that he's still top class, and works as hard as anyomne.
I think people are dreaming if they think we will push him out or something, all over a stupid squad number, while we have people like Martial stinking up the place.
Cavani will play in 30 games this season, no doubt.
some doubt, but only because of covid restrictions and international breaks.

Otherwise he'd be a key part of the match day squad in most games.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Seems like Ole disagree with a lot of people here

Easy to say when Ole played in an era when Norway had very low chance of qualifying for anything. Uruguay have a very good chance of being at the World Cup but South American qualifying is very competitive.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Easy to say when Ole played in an era when Norway had very low chance of qualifying for anything. Uruguay have a very good chance of being at the World Cup but South American qualifying is very competitive.
Also he is a club coach. I am sure he would say the opposite if he were Norway manager

Wolves 0:1 Man Utd

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I get that he wants to play for his country but he does also have a job. It would be unreasonable of him to expect the club to pay him while he spends most of the season in quarantine or abroad. I think he will have to compromise and make himself available for only half of the international fixtures until quarentine is gone
This would only be reasonable once qualification is in the bag. Will ho to the wire though, so no chance.
Yeah it will be a devastating front line for the 4 games this season cavani takes off from playing with Uruguay to hang out with united

And just an add I can't imagine the vitriol pogba would get if there were some circumstances that meant he missed this many games to play for his country
Why do we have so many fans who hate our players on the back of imaginary shite reasons why other fans would hate other players?

Ole was never even that important for them either and the way Norwegian fans would take it is different.

I think it's very likely we won't make it at all and, as it stands, Cavani is faced with two options: fight to get into the World Cup (his natural choice) or skip it, Uruguay doesn't make it and he will be have to spend the resto of his life putting up with people blaming him for it.

There's not really a choice, is there?

Devil may care

Not sure if he got a kick but his movement was good as always and he was first in when the Wolves players were around Pogba.

Sylar

Good sub cameo. We looked much better with Cavani up top and Martial and Mason on the side as Mason and Martial ran with purpose.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Good sub cameo. We looked much better with Cavani up top and Martial and Mason on the side as Mason and Martial ran with purpose.
Tbh I genuinely don't remember him touching the ball
Edit: 9 touches in 40 minutes... sounds about right

Manya.para.siempre

Good centre forwards can make an impact without really touching the ball much. Just his presence and movement alone makes other teams think twice and opens up space.

Sylar

We looked more balance and more a threat. Seemed like everybody was in a natural position and Cavani movement and runs are great to watch especially the way he can create space for himself and others

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Good thing, I hope he won't be too disappointed
Unfortunately, you already have half the country having a go.

The other half is unhappy about the official announcement as his doppelganger has been called up and could have confused rivals. Others suggest he should be sent on a secret swap mission to Manchester instead.

Needs to lose weight and grow a bit of facial hair, mind.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Unfortunately, you already have half the country having a go.

The other half is unhappy about the official announcement as his doppelganger has been called up and could have confused rivals. Others suggest he should be sent on a secret swap mission to Manchester instead.

Needs to lose weight and grow a bit of facial hair, mind.
Is that his son?

pratyush_utd

Ronaldo will look to play every game so not sure how many games Cavani will play this season. Competition for places upfront is insane this season. Last year we had to play Rashford through injury because we had no other option

Daonico

Good thing, I hope he won't be too disappointed
Man Utd, England and Cavani are not exactly popular around here right now :lol:
It's a pitty if Cavani legacy in the national team is tarnished for the general public for something like this... I still blame fifa for this silly international breaks and not the other involved parts.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
We looked much better up top with him leading the line and running into the channels.
Very much so.

The man knows how to move.

He also knows how to finish, of course - but he can be extremely influential even when he doesn't score.

I won't get into the Uruguay discussion - I just want to see him for United as much as possible.

Yagami

Good post resistant

Beautiful.

Having them two with Pogba and Bruno creating should be a sight for sore eyes.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
International breaks are always annoying but this time its definitely the shittiest of them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.