5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

redpatron

absolutely changed the game when he came on with Matic. His energy and work ethic was contagious, everyone started pressing and working harder.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I would like us to play with two strikers now and then. Cavani's pressing is vital

OverratedOpinion

A model professional.

All those years we were linked to him in his mid to late twenties, I wish we had pulled the trigger if it was actually an option.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Cavani works so hard. I am in love. I can't deny...

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
That pressing on 82 minutes was superb. Sprinted 50-60 yards and should never have won that ball but did it anyway.

abailey123

That pressing on 82 minutes was superb. Sprinted 50-60 yards and should never have won that ball but did it anyway.
Hit the nail on the head. That’s why he’s loved by the Stratford end. Every other player on the pitch had given that ball up. Not Edi.

Sylar

Surprised he didn't score but almost everything else was great.

That run to keep the ball on was immense

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
But, but he wasn't committed to United and fans wanted him out because of his allegiance to Uruguay?

Those 15 minutes I swear I didnt see him stop running. The guy is a model professional and will continue to do so until the day he leaves. It should be a kick up the arse of the others showing what true attitude means when you fight for a result.

Drainy

Its moments like that in games that can swing momentum in games (which is what Ole was basically saying before the caf' melted down because he wasn't being a tactical philosopher)

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
MotM for me. His attitude is phenomenal. What a fighter!

Welbeckham

Latin American strikers are just something special. I loved Tevez (at first), then Chicharito and now Cavani especially for their work-rate, passion and football brain.

Then again, Forlan and Falcao obviously didn’t work out for different reasons.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Love him. Such a joy when he is on the pitch. We look a different team with him.

redshaw

If we can get Cavani and Ronaldo working often we can go far. Cavani was incredible last year with vital goals and his all round contribution. I can't even say the name beginning with M.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Played really well tonight. Don't understand the complaints.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Obviously it's worked out tonight, but I do feel like a different manager would look at the fact that he has two absolutely class centre forwards, both too old to do their thing for 90 minutes, and maybe split the time between them.

Imagine as a CB pairing you know you'd have Ronnie for 55 minutes, and then Cavani for the remainder, or vice versa. Daunting to say the least.

Jibbs

His desire was everything today. What a champion player.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Obviously it's worked out tonight, but I do feel like a different manager would look at the fact that he has two absolutely class centre forwards, both too old to do their thing for 90 minutes, and maybe split the time between them.

Imagine as a CB pairing you know you'd have Ronnie for 55 minutes, and then Cavani for the remainder, or vice versa. Daunting to say the least.
Definitely the best solution but won’t happen… because Ronaldo.

PoTMS

I genuinely would prefer him to start games ahead of Ronaldo if it's an either/or scenario. He just makes us play better and is so much than a goalscorer. Although, I wouldn't want to be the guy to tell Ronaldo that when he's just scored 5 goals in 5 games for us.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Definitely the best solution but won’t happen… because Ronaldo.
Absolutely. What's scary is imagine how good Ronaldo could be as the supersub against a tired defence. His movement, spatial awareness and goal threat remain world class. Give him 30/40 minutes each match and he'd be phenomenal.

croadyman

Loved that determination to win back the ball for our second goal and still hope we might see a bit more of him & Ronny together

Status
Not open for further replies.