5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcus

I would keep him to the end of the season. No reason to let him go in January. He is an asset to this team.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
It would be stupid if us to let him go, not that I believe it. Despite our large squad we still need him with covid and postponed games stacking up.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I miss Edi.
Really wasn’t that fired up by his deadline day arrival but he definitely gives something unique when he’s on the pitch, and it was lovely watching him play. I hope we see him again in a United shirt soon.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
My preference would be for him to stay but either outcome can be turned into a positive, especially if he’d rather be elsewhere.

GMoore23

Might want to leave in January
Well, we wanted players to leave in the summer but they decided to ''respect'' their contract so now we should do the same with Cavani. We can't afford to lose him until we have a replacement lined up for him.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
If we stick with 4222, till summer, then he and CR7 would be the ideal front pairing. Has he been on the bench or just injured? I don't think he's been dropped.

CloneMC16

He spends half the season out injured. He also seemed to be more interested in playing for Uruguay than us. If he wants to leave, let him do so.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He spends half the season out injured. He also seemed to be more interested in playing for Uruguay than us. If he wants to leave, let him do so.
I don't think that's so bad considering it's his country and he's at the end of his career.

Even though he hasn't played much he's been 10 times the play Sánchez was

SonyaCross493

Barcelona on a 18-month contract will be a good move for the big man. Never worked out for Cavani at United. He was/is a massive sicknote/crock spending more time injured than available. Still sad to see him leave as he's so likeable but apparently he's never settled in Manchester and never being happy for ages. So best of luck to him you can't force a player to stay who wants to leave.

Spain culture and weather will suit him more and probably will be less injury prone in Spain. Not a cold wet Tuesday night in Stoke (which he will probably be injured for anyway!:lol:)

I always thought there was a reason PSG let him leave on a free. Same way Real Madrid let Sergio Ramos leave these top teams don't often make mistakes. They wouldn't let these leave for free without a good reason. And we have seen why with the injuries.

still no hard feelings but I don't want players playing for Manchester United who don't want to be here and want to leave. Makes you wonder now if some of Cavani's injuries are psychological because subconsciously he's not happy at United and wants to leave. I guess time will tell and we will see when he joins Barcelona if he's suddenly fit more often to play regularly.

it's a shame we have have only seen Cavani and CR7 striker partnership starting together 1 time this season away against Spurs.. it had the potential to be the best strike partnership in the whole of Europe. A what if question?

Last edited:

Real Name

Barcelona on a 18-month contract will be a good move for the big man. Never worked out for Cavani at United. Was a bit of a sicknote/crock spending more time injured than available. Still sad to see him leave but apparently he's never settled in Manchester and never being happy for ages. So best of luck to him you can't force a player to stay who wants to leave.
Never being happy for ages? Where did you pick that one from. Also its all tabloids stuff so nobody is forcing anybody to stay.

CloneMC16

I don't think that's so bad considering it's his country and he's at the end of his career.

Even though he hasn't played much he's been 10 times the play Sánchez was
Well, let him do that for Barca, then. I don't care about Uruguay. I want our players to be fully committed to the club.

I agree, but this isn't about Sanchez. I want players that are fully committed and fit for more than 50% of our games.

jem

Might want to leave in January
I love Cavani but I wouldn’t let him leave. We will need him and it’s not all the team’s fault that he’s not played much this season, so I think he should be forced to suck it up and join Barca in the summer, if he so desires.

SonyaCross493

I would let him go. Picking up good wages for being injured half of the time.
True United gave him a chance when most of Europe wouldn't touch him with a bargepole because of his enormous wage demands. Cavani must've been injured (or not feeling 100% himself to play) for over 75% of our games this season. That's not good enough how can any manager rely on him! Thank god for CR7 as god knows where we would be without him this season and Cavani injured all the time..

I think Cavani unlike most players who play through niggles, the pain barrier threshold etc is very adamant that he won't play if he's not 100% fit or doesn't feel right to play. Which is in complete opposite to how he plays. It's a weird one as I wonder if it's psychological with Cavani in terms of most of his injuries, that another player would play. Maybe if Cavani is happy and settled you won't see as many "injuries".

I think United fans will (rightly) be a bit disappointed if he suddenly goes to Barcelona and is playing regularly doing the business when he couldn't do the same for United.

Last edited:

lex talionis

Sad we won’t see Edi and Ronnie lead us against Atletico, but it’s best for all that he leaves us in January.

MrBest

I really like Cavani, his work rate at his age is exceptional, his experience, his ability, his desire to win, i can go on.

However, if he wants to leave let him. He is at the end of his career, he needs to make the right choices for him so if going to Barca keeps him happy, take a fee and let him go in Jan. I do not believe in keeping players who are not interested in being here, its gives no benefit. If he wants to stay till the summer, then amazing, of not, we have Ronaldo, Greenwood, Elanga, Amad, Sancho, Martial, who can play thay position.

SonyaCross493

It's a bit of a arsey move by Cavani if we are honest. I didn't expect this from him my respect for him has gone down.

if this was Pogba or Lingard they'd be getting dogs of abuse. The shithousery from Cavani who is apparently really pushing for this move to Barcelona in January

I don't think United want him to go in January as there's no benefit for the club. United would prefer him to stay with a fixture pile up coming. But apparently Cavani is really pushing for this move and desperate to go mid-season

anyway Cavani joined United 10 years too late. It's like a really old car, it won't be a daily runner.

Last edited:

Real Name

if this was Pogba or Lingard they'd be getting dogs of abuse. The shithousery from Cavani who is apparently really pushing for this move to Barcelona in January
He isnt apparently pushing for a move. It's a rumour made up by tabloids. But dont let that stop you.

SAF is the GOAT

Edinson Cavani to Barcelona is ‘well on track’ and a final decision on the transfer will be made ‘in the next few hours’. A meeting is set to be held on Tuesday to see whether Manchester United will agree to terminate the player’s contract.[sport via Sport_Witness]
looks like a shite source but I don't know, is it really that safe to let him go and bring unknown and unproven player to the PL ?

Real Name

So a final decision will be made in the next few hours but the meeting on whether United will agree to terminate the contract will be held tomorrow. Sounds legit.

Rojow

He wants to play his last World Cup with his country, so, needs playtime.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So a final decision will be made in the next few hours but the meeting on whether United will agree to terminate the contract will be held tomorrow. Sounds legit.
"Next few hours" always seems to mean within the next four years when it comes to the spanish media. :lol:

Red Royal

Surely we cant let Martial and Cavani both go in January. We will need the numbers in case of injuries, Covid etc. I would prefer Martial to go and Cavani till the summer.

Corridor of Uncertainty

Surely we cant let Martial and Cavani both go in January. We will need the numbers in case of injuries, Covid etc. I would prefer Martial to go and Cavani till the summer.
Neither of those two players are contributing now anyway, for one reason or another.

If we get another body in that is either available for selection, or actually fancied by the manager, we'll be better off. I love Edi, but he's hardly ever available and appears to have been wanting to move for awhile. Martial can go, waste of space.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sometimes forget he's still our player!
Feels like years ago he turned out well v Tottenham.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Barcelona on a 18-month contract will be a good move for the big man. Never worked out for Cavani at United. He was/is a massive sicknote/crock spending more time injured than available. Still sad to see him leave as he's so likeable but apparently he's never settled in Manchester and never being happy for ages. So best of luck to him you can't force a player to stay who wants to leave.

Spain culture and weather will suit him more and probably will be less injury prone in Spain. Not a cold wet Tuesday night in Stoke (which he will probably be injured for anyway!:lol:)

I always thought there was a reason PSG let him leave on a free. Same way Real Madrid let Sergio Ramos leave these top teams don't often make mistakes. They wouldn't let these leave for free without a good reason. And we have seen why with the injuries.

still no hard feelings but I don't want players playing for Manchester United who don't want to be here and want to leave. Makes you wonder now if some of Cavani's injuries are psychological because subconsciously he's not happy at United and wants to leave. I guess time will tell and we will see when he joins Barcelona if he's suddenly fit more often to play regularly.

it's a shame we have have only seen Cavani and CR7 striker partnership starting together 1 time this season away against Spurs.. it had the potential to be the best strike partnership in the whole of Europe. A what if question?
Repeating something a million times doesn't make it true.

You've been pushing this narrative for ages and there's nothing in it.

If Rangnick wants him he'll keep him and use him when fit. If he doesn't he will let go for the benefit of both. Simple.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The idea of him needing to move club somewhere he's guaranteed to play...and then you hear it's Barcelona :lol:

The extra irony being he'd bloody have a good chance of starting here if he was ever fit, now we play 2 up!

Real Name

Neither of those two players are contributing now anyway, for one reason or another.

If we get another body in that is either available for selection, or actually fancied by the manager, we'll be better off. I love Edi, but he's hardly ever available and appears to have been wanting to move for awhile. Martial can go, waste of space.
He does?

Newcastle 1:1 Man Utd

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Thank feck he scored, and was clearly lively when he came on... BUT how does he not pass that to Ronaldo at the end? Its sums up the dire decision making that is rife in this team.

City pass that, City score.

lost7

Honestly his movement is elite but his shooting is so average. Should have scored 3/4 today, I'm not even kidding

Status
Not open for further replies.