5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

We should let him go, I don't know if it's the club or the players but the environment is clearly unhealthy.

He doesn't wants to be here, he's playing shit, he doesn't even put the effort anymore.

What's the use? Let him go

Bwuk

I don’t understand why we kept him. He doesn’t want to be here. We could have Ronaldo as the senior forward and Greenwood as deputy.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
He's awful at everything apart from runs in the box and putting in a shift.

Can't control the ball, shield it or find a team mate the majority of the time.

Dunno why we keep starting him. Off the bench fine but starting is madness.

SonyaCross493

Cavani was so poor tonight and got bullied out the game by Mings and the Villa defenders but not completely his fault when Greenwood and Elanga are shooting on site and not creating any chances.

Also I think he looks completely knackered after starting the last 3 games I can't remember the last time he started 3 games in a row.. He looked so sluggish (not supporting the counter attacks), his movement wasn't there and he looked like he was running in treacle. Like Roy Keane said.. he didn't even press much in this match or in the previous match against Villa in the FA Cup. Which is probably the main (only?) reason he's in the team.

he's much better as an impact sub for the last 20-30 minutes to run around like a madman.

Cavani was excellent last season… terrible this season. His overall touch and technical ability has gone. Looks like he’s declining.

SonyaCross493

He's awful at everything apart from runs in the box and putting in a shift.

Can't control the ball, shield it or find a team mate the majority of the time.

Dunno why we keep starting him. Off the bench fine but starting is madness.
Yeah I agree Cavani off the bench has 20-30 minutes to run around like a madman using his movement to unsettle the opposition as a fresh player when the other team is tired and he looks amazing. In these last few matches we have found out he can't do that for 90 minutes. Or even 60 minutes.

Keep Cavani as an impact substitute that's his role which he is good at. And he is happy with that.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Absolutely terrible today.

Usually his touch is on point even if the team are playing badly but he’s been off it for a good few games now.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Probably was involved for 2-3 minutes. Did nothing when he was on the ball

Mr PG

Seems people only remember certain standout events and base their whole player judgement on that

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I thought he worked pretty hard tbh.

For large parts of match he seemed to be playing LW so he did constantly track back which is major criticism of front 4 on here.

Would've been cool to see him in premier league in his 20s, highlights reel now.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Cavani was excellent last season… terrible this season. His overall touch and technical ability has gone. Looks like he’s declining.
He's always been like that, throughout his career there's been endless examples of his clumsy touch. People just got carried away with him last year because the contrast between him and Martial was so stark in terms of energy, desire, belief and he's in his swansong phase, with a few memorable moments, so all the conversation around him got wrapped up in a romantic notion.

MUFC OK

Shit since Newcastle game. Why do I have the feeling that Martial is the one who should be retained?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Shit since Newcastle game. Why do I have the feeling that Martial is the one who should be retained?
Martial who didn’t want to be apart of the squad today and went missing last season by not reporting to training when he should have?

kundalini

I was disappointed that Cavani was unable to make anything out of Telles' dangerous cross early on. It looked like he simply missed the ball. After that, the only positive I noticed was a key pass in the 2nd half for Elanga's shot that was saved. The rest was so untidy, poor touches, passes that failed to find their intended target.

MUFC OK

For large parts of match he seemed to be playing LW so he did constantly track back which is major criticism of front 4 on here.

Would've been cool to see him in premier league in his 20s, highlights reel now.
We never sign the best strikers in their prime. We’ll probably sign Haaland when he’s 33.

Eddy_JukeZ

He is completely finished as a top player in Europe.

Arguably one of the most overrated United players ever on the caf.

arnie_ni

Seemed he was lw, Bruno beside matic and Fred defending from the front when we didn't have the ball. It was all over the place

UncleBob

He did. Question is how much it helps us overall, he looked completely empty at around 60 mins and shouldn't have stayed on. Either we need to bring him off much much earlier or we have to bring him on as a sub. Struggled to make an impact on the ball

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I felt like Rangnick lost the game because he subbed off Elanga instead of Cavani.

Cavani was good in the first half but had nothing in the second half.

I felt if we had subbed Cavani off, put Greenwood centrally and use Sancho on the right then we would have been much better than what we ended up seeing.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Add him to the list of players that are wildly overrated by some cult like members of our fanbase.

He did really well for us last season but he’s been shocking this year. The fact that some people think he’s a better option that Ronaldo is insanity

Ixion

He should have been taken off with 20 minutes to go. I don't care if the players on the bench aren't as good or aren't strikers, if a player's energy is spent then they're deadweight.

Last edited:

Walters_19_MuFc

Thought his work rate was superb as usual, but when your team is under pressure, you need someone up top who will hold up the ball and stop that ball. I felt he really let us down in that regard, and as a result of that, Villa were able to sustain their attacks.

Swiss_Red89

Rangnick should stop his weird love for Edison and use him more as an impact sub rather than a fixed starter.

Appared from running around a lot he offers not much.

CloneMC16

Did nothing. I stand by what I said before in this thread. He should have been allowed to leave. Spends so much time out injured and he's been poor when he's played this season, anyway.

Josh 76

At his age , he should only be a squad player. Like everyone else his age.

Acole9

Outstanding
He didn't have a good game but if you aren't getting the service what do you expect.

Bobski

Cavani and Ronaldo need to be gone this Summer.

Loved peak Cavani and he has given us some moments but he doesn't offer enough anymore for the wages he is on, hell between Ronaldo, Cavani and Martial we must be spending near a million a week on wages.

flameinthesun

Edi has been here a little while now and I think its safe to say that whilst he is a good finsher and has a good workrate, his all round play is not good, especially his touch, dribbling and passing. Its such a shame Martials form dropped off a cliff as the Martial from lockdown is exactly the type of forward this team needs. As much as I like Edi once we brought Cristiano back we should have let him go and used Greenwood there. Whilst greenwood hasnt got cavanis workrate just yet, his all round game is much better and much closer to the way Martial played during Lockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.