Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Ok u didn't exactly say he was player of the year, but if you thought he was miles better than the player most saw as poty then ... ?
Oh he was definitely both consistently better and performed to a higher level than Bruno in the calendar year of 2021. There’s no doubt about that. Bruno was very poor for the majority of it. If anyone thought Bruno was our best player in 2021 they are basing it purely on positive regard and not on performance.

Burnley 1:1 Man Utd

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wish we sold* him to Barcelona or Boca Juniors or whoever, and bought in that Julian Alvarez. Not that I know anything about the latter, just the idea of going into the second half of the premier league with a 35 and a 37 year old as our strikers was batshit mental

* who am I kidding, let him go on a free

AFC NimbleThumb

Give him a few weeks back in South America, oh wait he just had that. Maybe he needs to declare himself unfit again. I quite liked Cavani until he joined us but the constant bending over backwards from the club isn’t warranted for the output.

lost7

Apparently he's played 15 games this season... Other than the game against Tottenham, he's been invisible every other match. So mediocre, he should be the first one to get rid of

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Been crap for a while, he doesn't even like himself. No fight and passion.

Can we stop holding onto players that want to leave, it's pointless.

Bobski

Been crap for a while, he doesn't even like himself. No fight and passion.

Can we stop holding onto players that want to leave, it's pointless.
There should be no more players in their mid 30's brought in either. Huge wages, past their prime, the ego issue, a waste of resources.

Hopefully we go into next season with Cavani and Ronaldo gone.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
There should be no more players in their mid 30's player transfers brought in either. Huge wages, past their prime, the ego issue, a waste of resources.

Hopefully we go into next season with Cavani and Ronaldo gone.
Yep

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Wish we sold* him to Barcelona or Boca Juniors or whoever, and bought in that Julian Alvarez. Not that I know anything about the latter, just the idea of going into the second half of the premier league with a 35 and a 37 year old as our strikers was batshit mental

* who am I kidding, let him go on a free
Dont worry, we'll buy 30 year old kane next season.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Well then those 17 goals in 2 months were great to watch, didnt realise he scored so many in such a short amount of time
He scored 10 of those goals in April and May :confused:

so before that he scored 7 in 7 months. Great CF play.

ForeverRed1

His head isn’t in manchester and hasn’t been for a while if ever. He has stayed loyal because the fans have shown him so much love and he’s done ok for us at points. Will be out of here the last day of the season and on a plane to Latin America.

el3mel

He has been rubbish the whole season. Should have sold him in Jan.

Thanks for last season but enough is enough.

youngrell

Difficult to tell if his goose is cooked or he’s just struggling in this system, but he’s not getting anywhere near the chances he used to. Think it’s probably a bit of both. He is not as enthusiastic as last season for a start.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He clearly has no interest in being here because his performances this season are no where near what he offered last season

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
He scored 10 of those goals in April and May :confused:

so before that he scored 7 in 7 months. Great CF play.
17 goals in 2000~ minutes is pretty decent for a 34 year old, yes. How many players scored more goals for us, in a similar amount of playing time over the past 5 years?

Devil81

That half arsed header, why didn't he power through the ball taking keeper in the net with him with him.

Red00012

Please stop starting him Ralf .

impact sub is what he is .

heading down the Ighalo road currently

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
It is weird. If he had passed we would have scored and then if rashford had passed, he would have scored.

We are still miles off guardiola passing into the net.

Abhinav

The energy and drive he brought last season has completely gone missing. In addition, he is missing clear cut chances far too often. Shouldn’t have convinced him to stay.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
17 goals in 2000~ minutes is pretty decent for a 34 year old, yes. How many players scored more goals for us, in a similar amount of playing time over the past 5 years?
Like I said…..he had a great two months. Outside of that he’s been pretty terrible.

I’ve just looked and outside of that two month period he’s scored a goal every 258 minutes.

sugar_kane

The amount of love Cavani gets from United fans is ridiculously out of proportion to what he has actually done for us, and how he performs in the majority of games, especially when you factor in that he’s been trying to leave since about 5 minutes after he arrived.

We’re too easily dazzled by big names. It’s not on the same scale but it reminds me of when Schweinsteiger got a standing ovation when subbed on despite achieving feck all here and going AWOL for about six months.

I’ve criticised Pogba plenty on here, but he has done ten times what Cavani and Schweinsteiger have done at United and is treated as a non entity by the match going fans.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The amount of love Cavani gets from United fans is ridiculously out of proportion to what he has actually done for us, and how he performs in the majority of games, especially when you factor in that he’s been trying to leave since about 5 minutes after he arrived.

We’re too easily dazzled by big names. It’s not on the same scale but it reminds me of when Schweinsteiger got a standing ovation when subbed on despite achieving feck all here and going AWOL for about six months.

I’ve criticised Pogba plenty on here, but he has done ten times what Cavani and Schweinsteiger have done at United and is treated as a non entity by the match going fans.
Exactly

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Like I said…..he had a great two months. Outside of that he’s been pretty terrible.

I’ve just looked and outside of that two month period he’s scored a goal every 258 minutes.
-He started mid-October, when we were already 6 games in.

-was subbed on for most of his first few matches, getting match fit after catching covid

-scored 2 to win against Southampton, next game takes a knock to rule him out a few more.

- once back more sub appearances, then banned for his "racist comment"

-scores 3 in next 8, then injured again.

Once he returned, he has a cracking run to the end of the season.

His general play was very good last season, his pressing was what this place keeps screaming for out of Ronaldo. He had such a stop-start to the season, that no wonder he didnt score consistently. Calling it terrible isn't exactly a fair assessment, but if you are just reading numbers off a sheet and judging it by that, then no wonder you will say he was a terrible player before April

ti vu

Do you guys think we should have let Cavani leave and kept Martial instead?
No.

Greenwood news broke out at last minutes which left us with no choices. I personally wouldn't mind both Martial and Cavani left this past January. Playing Greenwood and Bruno up front from time to time is not worse than the situation we're facing now. Bruno and Greenwood playing up front in our opening game is kinda good.

Last edited:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
-He started mid-October, when we were already 6 games in.

-was subbed on for most of his first few matches, getting match fit after catching covid

-scored 2 to win against Southampton, next game takes a knock to rule him out a few more.

- once back more sub appearances, then banned for his "racist comment"

-scores 3 in next 8, then injured again.

Once he returned, he has a cracking run to the end of the season.

His general play was very good last season, his pressing was what this place keeps screaming for out of Ronaldo. He had such a stop-start to the season, that no wonder he didnt score consistently. Calling it terrible isn't exactly a fair assessment, but if you are just reading numbers off a sheet and judging it by that, then no wonder you will say he was a terrible player before April
He’s had two good months. You can move goal posts all you like or make excuses but on the flipside he doesn’t want to be here and didn’t last year either.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
He’s had two good months. You can move goal posts all you like or make excuses but on the flipside he doesn’t want to be here and didn’t last year either.
Not about moving the goalposts, more putting things in perspective, but something you will delightfully wish to ignore.

The guy came on a free, near the end of his career and ended up 3rd top scorer, I'd call that a good season no matter which particular months his good performances ended up being in.

As a poster before mentioned, and as is common with all player performance threads, the ones who has a constant agenda against a player of ours is the highest poster. That sir, is you and I imagine you will have something to say even if Cavani scored the winner the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.