Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I could accept it last season because every time he played he was really good, but now he’s not even delivering on the pitch it’s just more obvious how he doesn’t really care. Clearly not committed to us and seems to think he can just decide when he wants to play. Can’t be arsed with him.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Manchester United is retirement home for old strikers. Rooney, RvP, Falcao, Zlatan, Cavani, Ronaldo... who's next? That's just in ten years ffs.

Will we ever learn?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
His constant injuries is frustrating. I wonder what our medical team do, this issue should have been flagged when we were offering him one year deal

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Manchester United is retirement home for old strikers. Rooney, RvP, Falcao, Zlatan, Cavani, Ronaldo... who's next? That's just in ten years ffs.

Will we ever learn?
I wouldnt count Rooney in. He had been with the club since a very young age. So RvP and Zlatan are the only ones that you can say were relatively successful in relation to their age and club situation when they joined.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
I wouldnt count Rooney in. He had been with the club since a very young age. So RvP and Zlatan are the only ones that you can say were relatively successful in relation to their age and club situation when they joined.
We stick with all of them too long, including Rooney who was undroppable during long period, but as you say, at least he was here for long so at least he partly deserved it.

Seij

Will we ever learn?
We don't discriminate by position. We also have Mata, Matic, Grant (still on a player contract).

PoTMS

Maybe he should've just stayed the one season. Would've been seen as a United cult hero akin to Larsson.

acnumber9

His constant injuries is frustrating. I wonder what our medical team do, this issue should have been flagged when we were offering him one year deal
Not much a medical team can do about a player who feigns injury because he can’t be arsed playing.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Maybe he should've just stayed the one season. Would've been seen as a United cult hero akin to Larsson.
Yup. Just another example of poor planning by the club to rely on a 35 and 37 year old instead of buying a young striker.

Gordon Godot

Yup. Just another example of poor planning by the club to rely on a 35 and 37 year old instead of buying a young striker.
100% this. It might have been OK if we had actually gone and bought a young striker who could learn off him. But instead we add another OAP in Ronnie, which is working out pretty much how one would expect a 37 year old in the most physical league in Europe. Must be a Premier league record to have two first choice CFs with an aggregate age of 72. Good job Ed!

Greck

Part time footballer. Proper fecked ourselves relying on him. It's arguably even more harmful than having no one because it messes up our plans and distorts what we need at the position.

IWat

Part time footballer. Proper fecked ourselves relying on him. It's arguably even more harmful than having no one because it messes up our plans and distorts what we need at the position.
From memory, at the time we brought him there was very little expectation, general opinion was anything we could get out of him would be good and it made sense that he could be a leader figure in the dressing room and help develop Rashford and Greenwood in front of goal.

I don't think it's his fault that Rashford has gone 3 steps back this season, Greenwood has.. yeah and that Sancho hasn't hit the ground running. He should have naturally seen less game time and been relied upon less as the younger players developed over these 2 years. Instead, they've gone backwards or worse and he is not getting any younger.

Jericho

But we haven't relied on him, which is probably what his problem is. He never expected to be competing with Ronaldo this year.

croadyman

This one is starting to get the same vibes as when we bought in Schweinsteiger. Class player but brought in 5 years too late

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He came alive around March last season. I’d take that again this year. He doesn’t look as good this year so far though I think it’s fair to say. I guess he was hoping we’d let him leave In the last two windows which probably isn’t helping matters much.

rk4utd

Meanwhile the Stretford end still serenades him….whilst he pops over to visit his relatives in South America on 250k a week….nice work if you can get it!

VanDeBank

Ma’am
It's not poor planning at all.
We had that young striker, but he turned out to be human garbage. We had 2 veteran CFs and an average 25y old one who we just sent out on loan.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Fecking pisses me off how much some supporters worship him while trashing others at our club at the same time.
Yeah, Maguire rarely misses games, but with the way he's treated by our "fans", you'd think he regularly skips games so he can torture cats with Zouma.
You do realise that has nothing to do with Cavani, right?

Or Maguire when he is the target, or Rashford, and so on.

It's just different bunches of morons having a go at anyone but whoever they adore. Rinse repeat, your regular day on the caf.

Deery

Dreary
Won’t be making the Atletico match, still can’t sprint on his leg injury..

United in sin

We stick with all of them too long, including Rooney who was undroppable during long period, but as you say, at least he was here for long so at least he partly deserved it.
Late response but I totally agree. Rooney should've been moved on earlier or at least benched more often when his powers waned.

You forgot to mention Sanchez and Ighalo. Micheal Owen and Henrik Larson were surprise signings under Fergie who were decent at best with a few good moments. It's a united tradition! Rangknick wanted a young striker in January (Julian Alvarez who went to City) but was striked down.

We'll be lead by a 38 year old Ronaldo next season if we make top four. Who indeed is next? If the trend continues I could see united signing someone like Kane when he turns 34!

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Late response but I totally agree. Rooney should've been moved on earlier or at least benched more often when his powers waned.

You forgot to mention Sanchez and Ighalo. Micheal Owen and Henrik Larson were surprise signings under Fergie who were decent at best with a few good moments. It's a united tradition! Rangknick wanted a young striker in January (Julian Alvarez who went to City) but was striked down.

We'll be lead by a 38 year old Ronaldo next season if we make top four. Who indeed is next? If the trend continues I could see united signing someone like Kane when he turns 34!
Yeah, Sanchez and Ighalo too, they are so irrelevant I even forgot about them.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The transfer strategy (if you could even call it one) at this club is everything to do with the position we find ourselves in.

I wouldn't trust our board / recruitment team with pocket money let alone 100m a season. I'd get rid of the lot of them and start again.

lex talionis

It is disappointing that the club is spending 250/week on a player who will let them when he's ready to play, which isn't all that often, but if we turns up with a match winner in the CL it will have been worth it.

That said, from now on we need to make sure we bring in players who will put shifts in, week in/week out.

Status
Not open for further replies.