5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AshRK

He has been a waste of time for us this season. And to imagine both Ole and Rangnick begged him to stay.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

He has been a waste of time for us this season. And to imagine both Ole and Rangnick begged him to stay.
His teammates begged him to stay. In fact it is the reason he signed for a new season.

He elaborated more on his reason to stay here: https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...dinson-cavani-stay-manchester-united-20570010

Fact is that Edi was a big, albeit unexpected, success in his first season here, and everyone were very happy when he signed on for a new year.

Its unfortunate that his injury problems have sidelined him for most of the season, but lets not start making up lies and pretend that we didnt want him to stay for another year at all.

AndyMUFC

That'll probably see him out until the last couple of weeks of the season for him to get a farewell...

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His teammates begged him to stay. In fact it is the reason he signed for a new season.

He elaborated more on his reason to stay here: https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...dinson-cavani-stay-manchester-united-20570010

Fact is that Edi was a big, albeit unexpected, success in his first season here, and everyone were very happy when he signed on for a new year.

Its unfortunate that his injury problems have sidelined him for most of the season, but lets not start making up lies and pretend that we didnt want him to stay for another year at all.
Quite.

Let's also not forget that at 35 after the career he has had and still playing as hard as he does, injuries are a given.

Chief123

This guy is a complete myth. I swear all I ever heard of his time at PSG was that he was injured.

Seij

That'll probably see him out until the last couple of weeks of the season for him to get a farewell...
Any more international breaks before summer? High chance he'll be fit a week before. He may play a game before the break as a warm-up.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This guy is a complete myth. I swear all I ever heard of his time at PSG was that he was injured.
Hes been a crock with us. But to extend that to his career is ignorance of the highest order.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Hes been a crock with us. But to extend that to his career is ignorance of the highest order.
Indeed. He was fine up until 2018 when, aged 31, he suddenly started spending large chunks of the season injured.

When we signed him (as a backup) every man and his dog was aware of this, which keeps him out of games for both club and country.

There's nothing specific to us or our club in it all and those finding some way to take issue with it and make it personal are just a bunch of cybermorons.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Yes mate. He scored 200 goals in 300 games for them by being injured all the time.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He wasn't even that much of a success in his first season. For most of the season he was good off the bench, but whenever he started he struggled. It was only in the last couple of months of the season that he started playing well from the start of matches.

Most were fairly happy to keep him for an extra season with the hope that the late season form is how things would continue all this season. Unfortunately it wasn't to be.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
You've only heard that because that's how his career at PSG ended, and it's a pattern that's continued into here. It's not a very good description of his time there given he made over 30 league appearances in 5 of his 7 seasons there, largely on track with his consistent playing time for Palermo and Napoli. And the most notable thing about Cavani's career at PSG was after Ibrahimovic left, when he was given the chance to be the main man, he scored 63 goals in just 68 league appearances and 15 goals in 16 CL games between 2016-2018. Then injury problems kicked in.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Thank god we went with Ronaldo. He will end up costing us fortune. His minutes to earning number must be insane

Chief123

You've only heard that because that's how his career at PSG ended, and it's a pattern that's continued into here. It's not a very good description of his time there given he made over 30 league appearances in 5 of his 7 seasons there, largely on track with his consistent playing time for Palermo and Napoli. And the most notable thing about Cavani's career at PSG was after Ibrahimovic left, when he was given the chance to be the main man, he scored 63 goals in just 68 league appearances and 15 goals in 16 CL games between 2016-2018. Then injury problems kicked in.
Tbh I’m just frustrated at his serious lack of availability. It’s difficult to count him as a successful signing when we’ve never been able to string a run of games together with him. Especially when it’s the most important position on the pitch. Then we here rumours that he’s even making himself unavailable when he is fit to play. Just ended up being a signing that could have been so much better than it turned out.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
To assume his “career” was spent all at PSG is ignorance of the highest order.
You just called him a myth and summed it up from his PSG stint alone. Which was really quite silly.

Besides he had about 4 solid seasons at the club hitting between 18 and 32 goals a season consistently from 2015 to 2019, whilst playing second fiddle to star players. So even if you wanted to call his PSG career a myth, its crazy ignorance.

antohan

Then we here rumours that he’s even making himself unavailable when he is fit to play.
The only thing that can be stated as fact is that he makes the final call over whether he feels he is fit and ready or not.

As an athlete you legitimately have the right to make that call, it's your body. In fact, this all started in a game he asked to be subbed, didn't, and broke down five minutes later.

Any physio will tell you the final call on "fit and ready" is ultimately the player's, more so with chronic cases where the mind becomes as important as the body itself.

You can be pretty damn sure this does his head in and the only reason he has stayed active isn't money but what will be his fourth and last World Cup along with Muslera, Cáceres, Godín and Suárez.

Watch him quit by Christmas.

Chief123

You just called him a myth and summed it up from his PSG stint alone. Which was really quite silly.

Besides he had about 4 solid seasons at the club hitting between 18 and 32 goals a season consistently from 2015 to 2019, whilst playing second fiddle to star players. So even if you wanted to call his PSG career a myth, its crazy ignorance.
Yeah back to my point, you called his time at psg as his “career”. Nice diversion.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah back to my point, you called his time at psg as his “career”. Nice diversion.
No I didnt. I said insinuating his career is a myth from PSG is daft. "the man is a myth", before then pointing to one club stint.

Moreover even if we did look just at PSG, his impact there was very strong. So in either scenario you're just ignorant.

yamo123x

injury- back for one game-international duty-injury REPEAT

Thanks for the memories Edi, great to see him at Old trafford and scored some great goals for us

FerociousCorgis

not sure if there has been a more overhyped player for united recently. Swear listening to some people youd think he was the best striker weve ever had and we just arent using him enough/properly. Dude has been a joke for more time here than not. Dont give me shit about United begged him to stay if he didnt want to be here he shouldve just said no and gone back to Uruguay to just play for their shit like he has been anyways

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I love the guy. Wanted him this year too. BUT, this situation was disaster for us. We basically pay him to play for NT.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
not sure if there has been a more overhyped player for united recently. Swear listening to some people youd think he was the best striker weve ever had and we just arent using him enough/properly. Dude has been a joke for more time here than not. Dont give me shit about United begged him to stay if he didnt want to be here he shouldve just said no and gone back to Uruguay to just play for their shit like he has been anyways
Why would he have said "no" when the club decided to pay him handsomely ?

Bondi77

People say he has great movement on the pitch.....I can't wait for him to move on out of the club....absolute piss take!

Greck

Rangnick kind of did this to himself. He said anyone who didn't want to play here should leave, wasn't up to a week he was begging Cavani to stay. We have discontents actually begging for playing time and then there's Cavani on the premium Dubai package.

antohan

I love the guy. Wanted him this year too. BUT, this situation was disaster for us. We basically pay him to play for NT.
Except that he doesn't. 18 qualifiers, started in 5, came on as sub in 4, left the pitch injured in 2 of those 5 starts. He's just done, which is a shame really, but what can you do?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Absolute waste of £1mill a month. He’s had two months worth paying for.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He had a great run towards the end of last season, but he's been completely pointless this year unfortunately.

Andrew7582

Thank god we went with Ronaldo. He will end up costing us fortune. His minutes to earning number must be insane
Yeah thank god we signed Ronaldo, we may have ended the season trophyless and finished outside the top 4 without him, oh wait...

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Except that he doesn't. 18 qualifiers, started in 5, came on as sub in 4, left the pitch injured in 2 of those 5 starts. He's just done, which is a shame really, but what can you do?
Pretty much this. This is the season where he's finished. It was bound to happen at some point. I don't get the attacks on his attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.