5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomaldinho1

Surely he needs to be on a pay when you play contract? Seems so unbothered about us.

Loved that people were arguing he had a better first season than Ibra just because they liked him more.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
If he is out and Greenwood is unavailable we could maybe try Bruno as a false 9 or if Martial somehow sorts himself out he would be a backup option. We will also have Rashford available again at some point. Its hardly doom and gloom.
Pure speculation but this very scenario could be why Elanga is staying, to provide more offensive alterantives when we do inevitably go short.

croadyman

Bloody crazy. If he misses his family that much then we should have just allowed him to go back to South America and went for Ronaldo instead.

I can understand him missing the first 2-4 games but to not see him till at least November is just absolutely baffling to say the least. We are literally relying so heavily on Mason Greenwood now.
Yeah the poor planning behind keeping him and not going for Ronaldo is not just a joke but frankly heartbreaking, you can just see an absolute horrific situation after the international break when he's stuck in quarantine whilst you know who bangs them in across the city. Didn't the club consider this at all when he wanted to go home but Ole persuade him to stay another season

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Based on performances the extension was warranted but his conduct is now bordering on unprofessional.

Not sure why he agreed to stay in the first place, I can understand the club wanting him but why did he renew when he was homesick?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Because our backup is Bald Martial
That's painful to think about I'd honestly rather let elanga start over martial.

Glazers didn’t want to spend the real money on an actual striker just cover the cracks over with an ageing one until we get to a point you can’t fool the fans anymore..
He literally wanted to leave the club remember his dad said he doesn't feel settled in England and he wants to move closer to home.

So what do we do? Give him an extension. Glazers would rather offer money keeping an unhappy player rather than go out and buy a proper one. They're such leeches on our club.

Real Name

It all comes from one tweet? Which only says Uruguay is insistent he will play all the games. I bet compromise of some sort will be made and he won't miss so many games. Let's not rewrite history and treat him as some no proper player or act like he was horrible for us.

Also he wouldn't have signed a contract if he didn't decide to stay, he wasn't pressured into signing it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It all comes from one tweet? Which only says Uruguay is insistent he will play all the games. I bet compromise of some sort will be made and he won't miss so many games. Let's not rewrite history and treat him as some no proper player or act like he was horrible for us.
He was good for us which is why it's so annoying, surely when we were negotiating his extension this would've been brought up? Otherwise just don't renew him and allocate some funds to sign a striker.

Deery

Dreary
He literally wanted to leave the club remember his dad said he doesn't feel settled in England and he wants to move closer to home.

So what do we do? Give him an extension. Glazers would rather offer money keeping an unhappy player rather than go out and buy a proper one. They're such leeches on our club.
Yep, sure he was looking to retire and everything ffs, anything they can do to get away from properly investing. We’re going into the season pinning our hope on a 34 year old striker that doesn’t particularly want to be here it’s scandalous..

tomaldinho1

He was good for us which is why it's so annoying, surely when we were negotiating his extension this would've been brought up? Otherwise just don't renew him and allocate some funds to sign a striker.
Issue is he didn't want to renew (which was well documented) but we kept trying and he came around. We shouldn't be surprised the issue of him being homesick didn't disappear overnight. Ourselves to blame.

Real Name

As I said all the panic from one tweet. Are all those internationals qualifying games? If some of those are friendlies no point in playing those.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So essentially if he plays for Uruguay and the red list doesn't change all season, he is available for December and probably 3 weeks in January, and one month mid February to mid March. And pretty much 1 game here and there after quarantines/before next internationals. He's basically useless this season if this happens.

mu4c_20le

How on earth would we anticipate the new covid quarantine rules? That's what's making this difficult, not the fact that he's getting called up for some FIFA fixtures which is perfectly normal.

croadyman

I don't blame him but blame Matt Judge instead. Ridiculous.

SURELY this has got to be discussed when renewing for this year????

If he wants to spend most of his time in Uruguay we had to let him go home and find another striker.
Yeah IF our leeches had any guts he would be following his toy story puppet uni mate out of the door in December too

goptun

Shouldn't sign a contract then. He earns 10s of millions from us, I have no sympathy for his pathetic whining.
Yeh, this. If he'd rather play for Uruguay than United then surely it's best for both parties for us to terminate the contract and go our separate ways. Does seem like he was gently coerced into resigning for an additional year anyway, so he might want to call it a day now. Basically, go and get CR7 back here now

Daonico

How is Cavani unprofessional for wanting to come to the NT when those are the rules? in any case, premier league clubs are being unprofessional... you all do realise that England is the "problem" in any case? (I do think that sanitary reasons should be above football though)

I blame fifa for these ridiculous fixtures, specially in covid times with quarintines everywhere, I guess there are money reasons involved, but I don't understand why they don't make all the international fixtures together, it would even improve the level of international football allowing player to train together for more time, and avoid all this annoying trips.

By the way, I think it might be different in Europe, but 90% of south american players give great importance to their national team, if you expect different you will be dissapointed

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

It gets worse. He may barely play this season if the rules stay as they are. Madness.
Playing internationals in the current climate is one of the most brain dead things FIFA can be doing. Can't someone fecking get a grip of this madness?

spiriticon

If we sign Ronaldo (LOL) or another striker, I'd be happy to release him from his contract. He's been very honest he wants to go home, and really, we should let him go home.

Last edited:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I get that he wants to play qualifiers for his country, but this whole pandemic has so many severe consequences, this one being minuscule. He should suck it up in my opinion and make sure he's available for the club that pays his wages. Even if we sign Ronaldo, he should be available. No question.

RoLo

So if restrictions stay the same he will potentially miss the following games.

September
Newcastle (home)
West Ham (home)
West Ham - Carabao Cup (home)
Aston Villa (home)
Champions League Matchday 1

October
Leicester (home)
Liverpool (home)
Tottenham (away)
Champions League Matchday 3

November
Watford (away)
Chelsea (away)
Champions League Matchday 5

January / February
Burnley (away)
FA Cup 4th Round

March
Leicester (away)
Everton (home)
Champions League Quarter Final 1st Leg

Combined with the 2 games he has already missed you're looking at a potential 19 missed games this season.

Santos J

So if restrictions stay the same he will potentially miss the following games.

September
Newcastle (home)
West Ham (home)
West Ham - Carabao Cup (home)
Aston Villa (home)
Champions League Matchday 1

October
Leicester (home)
Liverpool (home)
Tottenham (away)
Champions League Matchday 3

November
Watford (away)
Chelsea (away)
Champions League Matchday 5

January / February
Burnley (away)
FA Cup 4th Round

March
Leicester (away)
Everton (home)
Champions League Quarter Final 1st Leg

Combined with the 2 games he has already missed you're looking at a potential 19 missed games this season.
Oh well, Ronaldo will score at least 83 goals in these games, we'll be fine.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Is he going to play Sunday? There’s always been speculation he’s not happy here but he always gives 110% on the pitch.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If we sign Ronaldo (LOL) or another striker, I'd be happy to release him from his contract. He's been very honest he wants to go home, and really, we should let him go home.
Not only would I be happy to, signing Ronaldo would only make sense if we were going to.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I've missed all the Cavini stuff.

Is he says he doesn't want to play for us anymore?
Uruguay have games in September, October, November, late January, February, March. We barely convinced him to stay, and he probably wouldn't have if the current restrictions were in place. Probably a chance we just mutually agree for him to go if we get Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.