5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomSlayer

Uruguay have games in September, October, November, late January, February, March. We barely convinced him to stay, and he probably wouldn't have if the current restrictions were in place. Probably a chance we just mutually agree for him to go if we get Ronaldo.
I pray this happens. No point wasting money on Cavani if we get Ronnie back.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
How on earth would we anticipate the new covid quarantine rules? That's what's making this difficult, not the fact that he's getting called up for some FIFA fixtures which is perfectly normal.
How is Cavani unprofessional for wanting to come to the NT when those are the rules? in any case, premier league clubs are being unprofessional... you all do realise that England is the "problem" in any case? (I do think that sanitary reasons should be above football though)

I blame fifa for these ridiculous fixtures, specially in covid times with quarintines everywhere, I guess there are money reasons involved, but I don't understand why they don't make all the international fixtures together, it would even improve the level of international football allowing player to train together for more time, and avoid all this annoying trips.

By the way, I think it might be different in Europe, but 90% of south american players give great importance to their national team, if you expect different you will be dissapointed
Stop being so sensible you two!

TsuWave

Send him a pack of fruitellas and a thank you card. Leave the 7 at the door please.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Imagine the uproar if the proud lions didn’t want to play the WC qualifiers not to mention quality for what will be his last World Cup?

I hope he does still have a place in the team, he's given all he could for us whenever he plays. Definitely feels like he's got one foot out of the door though and we'll be giving him an almighty shove by taking the 7 off him.

Real Name

I hope he does still have a place in the team, he's given all he could for us whenever he plays. Definitely feels like he's got one foot out of the door though and we'll be giving him an almighty shove by taking the 7 off him.
I don't think that will happen.

gorky_utd

I think we should allow Cavani to move to south america. He wants to play there plus it doesn't make any sense to keep him while the GOAT is back.

redpatron

I think we should allow Cavani to move to south america. He wants to play there plus it doesn't make any sense to keep him while the GOAT is back.
ridiculous. Rashford is hurt, Mason is still young and inconsistent, Sancho is lost, Dan James sucks, and Martial doesn't give a feck. So let's dump our best attacking option and hope Ronaldo can save us after being quarantined for several weeks.

jem

I pray this happens. No point wasting money on Cavani if we get Ronnie back.
You pray that we let Cavani go, a player who showed us everything we'd been missing last year? Getting Ronaldo would be great, but neither player is going to be playing every game - how can it be a bad thing to have both available? Don't mention wages, as we have far more egregious wage-wastage issues elsewhere in the squad.

DoomSlayer

You pray that we let Cavani go, a player who showed us everything we'd been missing last year? Getting Ronaldo would be great, but neither player is going to be playing every game - how can it be a bad thing to have both available? Don't mention wages, as we have far more egregious wage-wastage issues elsewhere in the squad.
Cavani wants to go back to South America, just let him go, it's better for both sides.

jem

Cavani wants to go back to South America, just let him go, it's better for both sides.
Well that might make sense; I still don't get the idea of praying that we lose one of our best players. But it's all opinion in the end.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I’d like to think (most) players aren’t as silly about shirt numbers as (some) fans. Can’t think of the chance to play alongside Ronaldo as anything other than a huge incentive to stay put. Every footballer would love to be able to tell their grand-kids they once played in the same team as Ronaldo (or Messi)

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If needed rotate him with Ronnie & Greenwood and perhaps all will stay fresh for full season.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Feck this guy alongside Ronaldo as well, bunch of mercenary twats. :mad:
What's so mercenary about playing for your country? I hear a lot of people banging on about "but we pay you 200k/week!", "we should terminate him".

Responding to that and letting your country down is what a mercenary would do.

- Covid ain't his fault.
- FIFA fixtures ain't his fault.
- Government re-entry requirements ain't his fault
- The red list status of countries he has to play against ain't his fault (certainly not Uruguay, the most double-dosed country in the world).
- Cristiano suddenly wanting to leave Juve and joining City ain't his fault***

Which part of all that makes him a mercenary?

Loons.

***Cavani's legitimate but problematic availability issues forcing our hand into signing Cristiano is more where you guys should place this :lol:

Last edited:

Bwuk

I think we might still start Cavani with Ronaldo when he’s available.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Very important that club and fans show due respect to Edinson. Fine player, perfect pedigree, seems a good guy. Let him keep the shirt. Make him feel appreciated. Great to have choices!

spiriticon

Yeah I wouldn't strip him of his number, unless he willingly comes forward to give it up (and the PL allows)

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Can't believe some want him gone. He's important to us and will score vital goals for us.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
I get that he wants to play for his country but he does also have a job. It would be unreasonable of him to expect the club to pay him while he spends most of the season in quarantine or abroad. I think he will have to compromise and make himself available for only half of the international fixtures until quarentine is gone

sp_107

During the most difficult time in our lives (lasy season/Pandemic) Cavani brought something cheerful to millions of UTD fans, He was the reason many looked forward to the matches

so he deserves lot of respect just for that. he put his heart on pitch for us guys

Eddy_JukeZ

I hope he stays personally. I still think he can be a useful player for us.

justboy68

I'd still love him to stay but they need to come to an agreement over wages for those weeks he chooses to go ahead to South America against the clubs wishes. That's all. Anyway feck it. Was pissed off at it when it looked like Ronaldo was going to City. Today, barely give a feck. :lol:

Tiber

So is he planning to turn up for work tomorrow or is he still in South America?

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
We dropped our new girlfriend as soon as the ex that we loved came back.

Shame on you all.

Are people legitimately wanting Cavani out because of a shirt number? I thought he had grown in to a fan favorite / cult hero.

E-mal

If he goes for the internationals he will be missing significant part of the games following resumption.
I just feel he will be gone by January perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.