5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

snk123

Imagine we're trailing and we have both Edi and Goat ready to head those crosses in with their movement and aerial prowess.

Raveneye

Has nobody been paying attention? Cavani was convinced to stay to play in front of fans and partly to mentor Greenwood one more year. What does signing Ronaldo change? What does playing internationals change when EPL clubs voted to make it harder for him to return (including ours).

Tiber

Are people legitimately wanting Cavani out because of a shirt number? I thought he had grown in to a fan favorite / cult hero.
It would just be nice if he turned up at some point. Good player, but does us little good when he sits at home in Uruguay while we drop points at Southampton

Bwuk

No chance he leaves.

Ronaldo doesn’t play as a 9.

tenpoless

With Ronaldo to City at least you saw some "quite" reliable sources talking about it. But Cavani leaving is not reported at all and purely based on posters plucking it out of their arse because we now have Ronaldo. I'll tell you what. He is still a top CF. Keep him, sell the one at the bottom of pecking order instead. Let's keep quality and if we need to bring in a new one, then buy someone next season if Cavani doesn't renew. No more keeping players that have been given chance after chance for the potential that will never be reached.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'd like him to stay but if he's only going to play half the seasons fixtures then it might be best for both parties if he goes to South America.

rotherham_red

Cavani and Ronaldo sharing the number 9 spot so that both are peak physical condition when needed. What isn't there to like about it? Also means that we can let Edi go and play for Uruguay and quarantine if need be as we know that Ronnie will be here as well as Greenwood + Martial.

I'm still of the mind that it was an unnecessary purchase when we have such a gaping chasm in midfield, but I can't lie, I'm increasingly seeing the benefits of the move as well...

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Heaven forbid we have a couple of good options for the same position... What the feck is wrong with people?

We're competing with a side that has two or three £50m+ players for every spot. Why do our fans want to feck off every player who might not be in the starting XI every single week?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
This place constantly convinced he’s off when there’s never anything remotely reliable to suggest it (quite the opposite, reliable people are saying he’s staying) and it would make no sense as we still need depth in CF.

LoneStar

I hope he stays. We need to try to get rid of Martial, not him. He still has a role to play, and was very good for us last year.

Brightonian

Anyone thinking that Ronaldo is a better 9 and a better fit for United is insane.
You'll get stick for this but it's a solid shout. If Cavani had been fit and available more last season he'd have racked up serious goals, and more importantly he showed us exactly what we needed to make this attack work; a striker who understands how to move off the ball, and does so tirelessly. That's not Ronnie, for all his quality.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Imagine we need a goal and Cavani and Ronaldo are prowling the box making fantastic use of their movement. Defenders will have no idea where to go

Utd77

Cavani is a world class striker, look at some of the goals last season, the chip from 30 yards for example, one of best things of this summer is Cavani signing up for another year, no doubt about it.

Foxbatt

Why the heck do we have to sell him? Ole is not going to sell him. But it shows the good quality of man management. He knows there are players who wants to play for their countries. Cavani wants to play for his country. Good on him. Now Ole can let him play for Uruguay and still have Ronnie as CF if he wants to.
As others have said, Ronaldo and Cavani up front together is going to scare any defense. Especially if you have Pogba and Bruno Fernandes behind them.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What daft tools are suggesting selling him :lol:

FerociousCorgis

Why the heck do we have to sell him? Ole is not going to sell him. But it shows the good quality of man management. He knows there are players who wants to play for their countries. Cavani wants to play for his country. Good on him. Now Ole can let him play for Uruguay and still have Ronnie as CF if he wants to.
As others have said, Ronaldo and Cavani up front together is going to scare any defense. Especially if you have Pogba and Bruno Fernandes behind them.
Yeah it will be a devastating front line for the 4 games this season cavani takes off from playing with Uruguay to hang out with united

And just an add I can't imagine the vitriol pogba would get if there were some circumstances that meant he missed this many games to play for his country

Crustanoid

I think we need this guy more than ever. He can rotate with Ronaldo and sometimes combine with him but we will always know we have world class quality up front. Something we have been missing for years

Edit: and hopefully Martial fecks off now

El Zoido

Imagine we need a goal and Cavani and Ronaldo are prowling the box making fantastic use of their movement. Defenders will have no idea where to go
Can’t imagine them playing together hardly at all. I suspect Ole will play one or the other.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bizarre reactions in here.
We have well reputable sources saying United don't want to terminate his contract, that he is keeping the 7, and then a range of posts saying "yeah he's off" :lol:

TrustInOle

Watching him and Cristiano being fed by Bruno and Pogba is my dream scenario this year! Mental that some people want rid, signing Ronaldo is the perfect remedy for when he is away! Class apart last year!

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Very much yes, looks like it doesn't take much for people to stab you in the back.
Yeah, imagine people saying they'll happily get you a taxi after you've just had a good season and seemingly have a great affection from the fanbase.

Just because another great player comes. Cavani isn't even the type who demands or can play every game ffs.

Send him a pack of fruitellas and a thank you card. Leave the 7 at the door please.
This guy was the 'best' at it.

I'm sure the match-goers are more clever than that, though.

devips

If Messi can be happy taking the number 30, I don't see why Ronaldo shouldn't be okay with whichever number he is given.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
So how many games he potentially miss if he goes with Uruguay??

Blood Mage

If we need to sell an attacker I'd rather see Martial shipped out, Cavani can rotate with Ronaldo up front no problem. In fact, we'll need to rotate them to keep them fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.