5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewnited

If this is true, it's an example of why people need to look at the profile of the player before we think about keeping them for depth.

Cavani is one of the top #9s of our generation and is 34 years old - I really don't see why he'd stick arond after we sign a freak of nature and record chaser like Ronaldo. At best he'd start in a few cup matches here or there and get a few sub appearances, why wouldn't he push for a move away?

Utd77

Offer Martial instead, offloading Cavani would be a monumental mistake!

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
It makes complete sense for Cavani to leave, but it's definitely gut wrenching because he's a proper player. The way he heads anything within 2 yards is just beautiful.

But let's be honest, if Ronaldo is on the pitch then Cavani is on the bench.

Lyng

I would prefer to keep him, but if his sale could fund a midfielder being brought in, I think it'd be good business.
This is where I am at. If a sale of Cavani means we sign a quality midfielder then it would be the sensible choice to let him go.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
If this is true, it's an example of why people need to look at the profile of the player before we think about keeping them for depth.

Cavani is one of the top #9s of our generation and is 34 years old - I really don't see why he'd stick arond after we sign a freak of nature and record chaser like Ronaldo. At best he'd start in a few cup matches here or there and get a few sub appearances, why wouldn't he push for a move away?
I don't think he's leaving because Ronaldo arrived. More like he's using this as opportunity to push for a move as he's never settled in Manchester and with the ongoing pandemic, it's holding him back from playing for Uruguay and he no doubt misses his family back home.

If this news is true. Stone, Ornstein etc all said United have no intention of selling Cavani on Friday.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
How will Barcelona afford Cavani salary? I hope if he goes then its permanent and not some loan deal

predator

Youth NITK
Hopefully a little too late for this to happen. I thought cavani actually seemed to be starting to enjoy living in cheshire and would've like to play alongside ronaldo and infornt of packed OT.

However, wouldn't blame a Uruguayan at 34 years of age to head to barca. It's his last chance for a move like this.

Dudu

Club wants him to stay then.

I dont blame him tbh, but hope he stays.

nainaisson

Barcelona are a billion in debt, can't even pay their own players, and they're still trying to unsettle players from other clubs. Such a scummy club. Can't stand them.

Matthew84!

Well I don't want to see him leave as he will score more than Martial but with his international duty compromised and the fact everyone wants him to give up his no 7, I can see why he would want to leave if that is the case.
He's on big wages and if he's not going to play perhaps its better to sell him now.

the_cliff

Could always see this happening, he loves his country and will always come first for South Americans. I wouldn't begrudge him the move seeing as if he does miss the next 6 qualifiers I don't see Uruguay qualifying for the world cup. Hopefully with the free up in wages and the Dan James fee we can complete a cheeky deal for Neves/Bissouma.

Bwuk

Don’t see it happening. They won’t move Memphis out of #9

led_scholes

I realllyyy like him. But if we have Ronaldo (Martial, Greenwood, Rashford) whats the point keeping him against his wishes. He is a true pro, but why give him the Romero treatment?

kps88

This would be the second time he's thought of leaving us. His attitude on the pitch has been great but he doesn't exactly seem thrilled to be playing for Manchester United. We had to really try and convince him to give us another year as well. Never a good sign when you have to plead with someone to play for your club.

Shark

@NotShark
Surely we can try and shoehorn Cavani and Ronaldo onto the pitch? Could either be a disaster or a masterstroke.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Could always see this happening, he loves his country and will always come first for South Americans. I wouldn't begrudge him the move seeing as if he does miss the next 6 qualifiers I don't see Uruguay qualifying for the world cup. Hopefully with the free up in wages and the Dan James fee we can complete a cheeky deal for Neves/Bissouma.
Then Uruguay can pay his salary for the 20 odd games he would miss through quarantining. I get really pissed at players putting their national teams ahead of the clubs that fund their lavish lifestyles.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The feck is that site? Not even https.
They translate articles from non-English sources into English. In this case they've taken the best snippets from the Cavani article in today's Mundo Deportivo, the local Barcelona paper.

Pronewbie

Peep
Surely we can try and shoehorn Cavani and Ronaldo onto the pitch? Could either be a disaster or a masterstroke.
Definitely possible. People think Cavani is this #9 but he's played a big portion of his career as an SS ala Rooney. It's just a matter of whether he still has the legs for it. And where would Bruno play if that's the case. Honestly I'm loving this squad depth.

Lewnited

I don't think he's leaving because Ronaldo arrived. More like he's using this as opportunity to push for a move as he's never settled in Manchester and with the ongoing pandemic, it's holding him back from playing for Uruguay and he no doubt misses his family back home.

If this news is true. Stone, Ornstein etc all said United have no intention of selling Cavani on Friday.
Meh, who knows really. But with Ronaldo joining he went from being a surefire starter to probably starting ~15 games at best this season, I'd imagine that's a big deal for him. No doubt the talk of him being unable to go to represent his nation has probably compounded the issue though.

the_cliff

Then Uruguay can pay his salary for the 20 odd games he would miss through quarantining. I get really pissed at players putting their national teams ahead of the clubs that fund their lavish lifestyles.
I agree with you completely and agree with the stance of the club. But if Cavani does have the chance to play at a club that will allow him to play internationals without all the quarantine rules in what will most likely be his last world cup it's a better reason for leaving than 'cos of the weather'.

Reynoldo

Ride out the window and dont leave him go. Bit crappy on him I know as his playing time will be limited but we will need him still this season.

Timdbro

With the Ronaldo signing done, we could have let him play this next round of internationals and miss as many matches as he needs to… shame it’s out of our hands I guess.

RuudTom83

Can someone explain the issue with international matches? or link to a thread that already has that discussion.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I agree with you completely and agree with the stance of the club. But if Cavani does have the chance to play at a club that will allow him to play internationals without all the quarantine rules in what will most likely be his last world cup it's a better reason for leaving than 'cos of the weather'.
absolutely

Status
Not open for further replies.