5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Should have buried that header, other than that he pressed well but doesn't look fully match sharp to me.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Cavani was wrongly subbed. Opposition defenders have an easier time without anyone pressing.

Andersons Dietician

Cavani was wrongly subbed. Opposition defenders have an easier time without anyone pressing.
Agreed, the game did seem to swing their way in my opinion after he was taken off as there just wasn’t that energy upfront. I guess with him just coming back from an injury and having not played Ole is just trying to control his time for fitness reasons.

Got to say I do love him, just want to bring attention to one thing. So last season there were many times where Greenwood got in a great position but he wasted the oppertunity and Cavani who was in a position waiting for a pass would rightly have a word with Greenwood and show his displeasure. Not in a bad way but you could see him gesturing to Greenwood what he wanted. A few minutes later same scenarios Greenwood plays the ball Cavani scores. Straight to Greenwood.

Now today Greenwood played an excellent ball across the box and for once Cavani wasn’t there but his reaction after his own disappointment of not being there was to applaud Greenwood for the ball. Which to me shows what a great character he is. Honestly think his signing has been a master stroke and I already see the improvements in Greenwood. Hopefully he keeps learning from this great man.

Idxomer

Any games he will miss because of the international break?

Watching Atalanta yesterday, they were very susceptible to mistakes because of the press. Cavani could be vital in this game.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Any games he will miss because of the international break?

Watching Atalanta yesterday, they were very susceptible to mistakes because of the press. Cavani could be vital in this game.
I understand an exception to quarantine rules has (belatedly) been introduced for international players so just wear and tear to worry about.

Idxomer

I understand an exception to quarantine rules has (belatedly) been introduced for international players so just wear and tear to worry about.
Thanks, so he will definitely miss the Leicester game but could be available for Atalanta.

SonyaCross493

Someone mentioned to me how massive Cavani would be at Newcastle. They love a number 9 at St James Park especially one that hustles

I don't know how likely it is, but he deserves to go to a club where he's appreciated more and will start every game.

0le

Someone mentioned to be how massive Cavani would be at Newcastle. They love a number 9 at St James Park

I don't know how likely it is, but he deserves to go to a club where he's appreciated more and will start every game.
United have played 10 games this season and he has been injured/ unavailable for 6 of them. He featured in the other four games and started our last one.

These stupid claims that he is "not appreciated" need to end.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Someone mentioned to me how massive Cavani would be at Newcastle. They love a number 9 at St James Park especially one that hustles

Gotta love these hypothetical scenarios of how any player in existence would be loved at Newcastle.

RUCK4444

United have played 10 games this season and he has been injured/ unavailable for 6 of them. He featured in the other four games and started our last one.

Yeah I’m a bit confused over the narrative that he’s somehow not appreciated.

I’ve heard nothing but positives and he’s a fan favourite, even to the extent some wanted him to remain on the pitch after signing Ronaldo!

I think he’s fully appreciated by the vast majority. He’s been a great signing for us and his attitude is second to none.

I’ve said before that I personally wished we had signed him when he was younger, he could have become a bit of a legend here. Would loved to have signed him straight after RVP moved on. :drool:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

@SonyaCross493 are you going to justify your post?

@0le spot on

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not to mention if/when he leaves us, it'll almost certainly be to go to South America

SonyaCross493

I meant appreciated as a starting player. Which he isn't going to be at United

Uruguay are struggling to qualify for the World Cup and need Cavani match sharp. A 6-month or 12-month stint in Geordie Land in January could be the perfect tonic for all involved.

United have too many attacking players stacked up. It's as much a problem as it is a blessing. It's why a lot of the top top managers prefer condensed smaller squads to work with. United need to trim the fat in January and try and offload some players who need to play more regularly.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Callum Wilson is pretty decent these days

ForeverRed1

that’s incorrect. He has played in all games that he has been available for. He also has to be managed realistically as he is prone to small niggling injuries.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I meant appreciated as a starting player. Which he isn't going to be at United

Uruguay are struggling to qualify for the World Cup and need Cavani match sharp. A 6-month or 12-month stint in Geordie Land in January could be the perfect tonic for all involved.

United have too many attacking players stacked up. It's as much a problem as it is a blessing. It's why a lot of the top top managers prefer condensed smaller squads to work with. United need to trim the fat in January and try and offload some players who need to play more regularly.
“It's why a lot of the top top managers prefer condensed smaller squads to work with.”

Like the tiny squads Pep and Tuchel have?

Strelok

Yeah I’m a bit confused over the narrative that he’s somehow not appreciated.

I’ve heard nothing but positives and he’s a fan favourite, even to the extent some wanted him to remain on the pitch after signing Ronaldo!

I think he’s fully appreciated by the vast majority. He’s been a great signing for us and his attitude is second to none.

I’ve said before that I personally wished we had signed him when he was younger, he could have become a bit of a legend here. Would loved to have signed him straight after RVP moved on. :drool:
Would you tell me why he was subbed by the 55th minute in the Everton match then?

Or you should try to read the #7 thread in the Manchester United Forum and you'd see I think. Tbh this place sometime made me embarrassed to be an United fan. It's all about the new shiny flashing toy.

RUCK4444

Would you tell me why he was subbed by the 55th minute in the Everton match then?

Or you should try to read the #7 thread in the Manchester United Forum and you'd see I think. Tbh this place sometime made me embarrassed to be an United fan. It's all about the new shiny flashing toy.
Yeah agree on the Everton game, we were winning when he came off. This is the thing with Ronaldo, no matter who the manager is we will be forced to get him on the pitch.

I'd like to see the two of them on the pitch at the same time.

I haven't really been in the #7 thread you mention, would be surprised if anybody is not appreciative of the player, he's been great for us and has a very good claim to be on the pitch whenever fit but we now have the above mentioned Ronaldo pressure.

Born2Lose

Amazing how fast the tide has changed with Cavani, remember the disapproval about his signing only a year ago.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Strelok

Yeah agree on the Everton game, we were winning when he came off. This is the thing with Ronaldo, no matter who the manager is we will be forced to get him on the pitch.

I'd like to see the two of them on the pitch at the same time.

I haven't really been in the #7 thread you mention, would be surprised if anybody is not appreciative of the player, he's been great for us and has a very good claim to be on the pitch whenever fit but we now have the above mentioned Ronaldo pressure.
You really should have a look at that thread mate.

Man Utd 3:2 Atalanta

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Cheeky assist today and took a defender off ronaldo which resulted in ronaldo not being marked to death.

He should start with ronaldo.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I give most players a 6 if there's effort and no big mistakes. For Cavani, it's a 7. He's a lunatic, in a good way.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Needs to be on the pitch

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Man I wish he was about 30 with no injury problems

Bwuk

Has to start. His movement and energy makes us much better.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
As soon as he came on, Ronaldo played so much better. The 2 of them have to start more games.

jem

His energy and enthusiasm are amazing. Once he hits his goal-scoring stride, we’ll be in for a treat.

InfiniteBoredom

I've said it for a couple of weeks, Cavani must be our CF, Ronaldo doesn't know how to play the position, he's operated all his career primarily as a wing forward who would ghost in for tap in/header or get past his marker and shoot.

The problem is that Rashy must always play now that he is fit, and he sucks on the right, plus our other 1000 options for the LWF/RWF positions, so for the foreseeable future I still expect to see Ronaldo start as CF and Cavani being subbed in, either for him or for whoever happened to play on the left.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
He has to start, I don't know how Ole wi fit him in, but he has to find a way !

Daonico

I loved how he ran right past Sancho for a pressing... Jadon should be ashamed of that, hope he wakes up

lawliet354

Don't think he makes any noteworthy pass or shooting attempts. But his presence and energy alone is such a huge boost to the team, every time he's on the pitch feels like we switch gears instantly

Tony247

Don't think he makes any noteworthy pass or shooting attempts. But his presence and energy alone is such a huge boost to the team, every time he's on the pitch feels like we switch gears instantly
Agree. Team plays much better when he is around.

keener

Only got to see highlights yesterday but I agree with everyone's sentiments. Need to try Cavani up top with Rash and Ronaldo wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.