Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Pretty funny to see all the excuses some try to find for Cavani. It was a running gag when he played for PSG, the guy just gives himself extra vacation time just because he feels like it, and he always find an excuse. But I guess it's fine because he "runs a lot when he's on the pitch" and he's "commited". I always thought his humble and modest attitude was deceptive and the way he left PSG actually showed that. Between playing the CL final 8 with PSG and making sure he got one last juicy contract, he chose the latter. Too bad for him, he'll never play a CL final in his carreer.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Pretty funny to see all the excuses some try to find for Cavani. It was a running gag when he played for PSG, the guy just gives himself extra vacation time just because he feels like it, and he always find an excuse. But I guess it's fine because he "runs a lot when he's on the pitch" and he's "commited". I always thought his humble and modest attitude was deceptive and the way he left PSG actually showed that. Between playing the CL final 8 with PSG and making sure he got one last juicy contract, he chose the latter. Too bad for him, he'll never play a CL final in his carreer.
Yep. Guys a fraud. The amount that have lapped it up :lol: said it before but I honestly think if he looked like Ian Dowie or perhaps was of a different ethnic origin he’d be getting slated.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Yep. Guys a fraud. The amount that have lapped it up :lol: said it before but I honestly think if he looked like Ian Dowie or perhaps was of a different ethnic origin he’d be getting slated.
He's not per se a fraud on the pitch but he's far more limited than what a lot of people think here. I even read he could be Ronaldo's Rooney. He can't, he's almost exclusively a finisher that runs a lot (his defensive contribution used to be colossal, he could track back like a full back).

His off the pitch attitude s partially fake though. He's pretty selfish and doesn't blend in well in the locker room. He tried to play it "I spend my free time fishing in my hometown in Urugay" but refused a chance to pay a CL final for a guaranteed paycheck at United.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He's not per se a fraud on the pitch but he's far more limited than what a lot of people think here. I even read he could be Ronaldo's Rooney. He can't, he's almost exclusively a finisher that runs a lot (his defensive contribution used to be colossal, he could track back like a full back).

His off the pitch attitude s partially fake though. He's pretty selfish and doesn't blend in well in the locker room. He tried to play it "I spend my free time fishing in my hometown in Urugay" but refused a chance to pay a CL final for a guaranteed paycheck at United.
You and I know he wouldn't have stepped foot into the pitch for the final. What would have been the point for him ?

Ixion

I think if he had gone to Barca last month he would have been available to play this weekend

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Eh? Didn't he get released by PSG and was a free agent for months before we signed him?

Also I read he didnt get along with Neymar and a couple others, PSG might have some cliques. I would actually go by managers and coaches to view his attitude off the pitch. Its beyond reasonable doubt hes a model professional in my opinion.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
You and I know he wouldn't have stepped foot into the pitch for the final. What would have been the point for him ?
Who knows, Icardi was't good against Atalanta for exemple, someone could have been injured, he could have been a good sub etc.

Eh? Didn't he get released by PSG and was a free agent for months before we signed him?

Also I read he didnt get along with Neymar and a couple others, PSG might have some cliques. I would actually go by managers and coaches to view his attitude off the pitch. Its beyond reasonable doubt hes a model professional in my opinion.
He wasn't realased by PSG, his contract ended at the end of june and he decided not to sign a 2 months extension to play the final 8 mainly to avoind getting injured as he was negociating his new contract. Thiago Silva was is the same situation and he obviously accepted. A model professional who wants to be considered as a PSG legend would have never turned down the opportunity to get the ultimate club title, the 1st for PSG, even as a sub.

Cavani never really got along with anyone, he's a loner in the locker room, he doesn't blend in and it was already this way before Neymar/Mbappé.

Scottynaldinho

It's pretty obvious to see now that he's a bad apple. You can't make excuses for him because he celebrates goals.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He wasn't realased by PSG, his contract ended at the end of june and he decided not to sign a 2 months extension to play the final 8 mainly to avoind getting injured as he was negociating his new contract. Thiago Silva was is the same situation and he obviously accepted. A model professional who wants to be considered as a PSG legend would have never turned down the opportunity to get the ultimate club title, the 1st for PSG, even as a sub.

Cavani never really got along with anyone, he's a loner in the locker room, he doesn't blend in and it was already this way before Neymar/Mbappé.
He was never negotiating with United for that long though. PSGs failures to get him renewed isnt exactly a lack of professionalism on his part.

Also being a loner isnt related to professionalism either. I think you've misconstrued it here.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
It's pretty obvious to see now that he's a bad apple. You can't make excuses for him because he celebrates goals.
He's a bad apple because he would have had one full day back in the UK ? Its a 14 feckin hour flight, hes 34 too so if he feels he isnt 100% ready for the match, then its not rocket science to figure out why

kouroux

Who knows, Icardi was't good against Atalanta for exemple, someone could have been injured, he could have been a good sub etc.

I find it weird to blame him for a hypothetical scenario when he has been discarded by your club well before then

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I find it weird to blame him for a hypothetical scenario when he has been discarded by your club well before then
That's simply false.
He started the last 3 ligue 1 game before the COVID stoppage. He also started the 2nd leg against Dortmund, which was the very last game before everything stopped.

PSG have less European history than feyenoord

have a bit of respect for him please
He scored enough goals for your dodgy oil merchant regime
I'll allow myself to discard your opinion as totally irrelevant. I don't need your history lesson to tell me what I think about players I've watched for years.

He was never negotiating with United for that long though. PSGs failures to get him renewed isnt exactly a lack of professionalism on his part.

Also being a loner isnt related to professionalism either. I think you've misconstrued it here.
"Failure to get him renewed", there was no failure, he just refused to play the final 8. It was simple and money should have been irrelevant, he could have played 3 game give PSG their 1st CL, he simply refused. That was pretty telling about where his priorities stand.

It was reported several times that he had found his news club before june.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
"Failure to get him renewed", there was no failure, he just refused to play the final 8. It was simple and money should have been irrelevant, he could have played 3 game give PSG their 1st CL, he simply refused. That was pretty telling about where his priorities stand.

Show me these reports please?

kouroux

That's simply false.
He started the last 3 ligue 1 game before the COVID stoppage. He also started the 2nd leg against Dortmund, which was the very last game before everything stopped.

I'll allow myself to discard your opinion as totally irrelevant. I don't need your history lesson to tell me what I think about players I've watched for years.

Why did he start those games if not for injuries and then why did he disappear from any PSG for the next few months ? PSG showed their intent to ditch him the moment they got Icardi

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Show me these reports please?
This one for exemple :
https://www.leparisien.fr/sports/fo...r-au-psg-c-est-termine-20-06-2020-8339193.php

"according to a close relationship, Cavani already found his new club for next season"

Why did he start those games if not for injuries and then why did he disappear from any PSG for the next few months ? PSG showed their intent to ditch him the moment they got Icardi
What are you talking about, what next few months? Everything was stopped because of Covid after that. Tuchel picked Cavani over Icardi for the last 2 games of the season when both were available, then he has a good game against Dortmund, any decent competitor would have thought he had his chance to be a starter during the final 8.

Oh, the poor guy, turned down an opportunity to play 3 games to win a CL title because the club recruited another striker, what a huge professionnal. It's not as if he could have extended for 2 months and then sign in another club, like Thiago Silva did even if he knew he wouldn't be extended for the upcoming season.

Last edited:

Red4Ever

Cork; home of Cantwell, Irwin, Keane and Vidic-wel
That's simply false.

feyenoord

kouroux

This one for exemple :
https://www.leparisien.fr/sports/fo...r-au-psg-c-est-termine-20-06-2020-8339193.php

"according to a close relationship, Cavani already found his new club for next season"

What are you talking about, what next few months? Everything was stopped because of Covid after that. Tuchel picked Cavani over Icardi for the last 2 games of the season when both were available, then he has a good game against Dortmund, any decent competitor would have thought he had his chance to be a starter during the final 8.

Oh, the poor guy, turned down an opportunity to play 3 games to win a CL title because the club recruited another striker, what a huge professionnal. It's not as if he could have extended for 2 months and then sign in another club, like Thiago Silva did even if he knew he wouldn't be extended for the upcoming season.
I meant before the restart, typo mistake.
You know damn well he wouldn't have played in the CL. PSG reached the final, what was his contribution gonna change ?

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I meant before the restart, typo mistake.
You know damn well he wouldn't have played in the CL. PSG reached the final, what was his contribution gonna change ?
No, I don't know anything about that and neither do you considering that Icardi played during the final 8 and that Tuchel started Cavani over Icardi right before the COVID stoppage.

What it would have changed isn't really the issue here.

captaincantona

No, I don't know anything about that and neither do you considering that Icardi played during the final 8 and that Tuchel started Cavani over Icardi right before the COVID stoppage.

Not being in any way smart arsed here or anything...but you are just a PSG fan right? You don’t work for the club or have any close links to the club or inside information?

I ask because we all love Utd the way you love PSG but we couldn’t for a second speak with any authority as to why a player was dropped or left out or relationships in a dressing room without qualifying those opinions with the caveat that we know fuk all except what is written in the papers and what we see on the pitch.

while your opinion on his performances at PSG may be rightly more valid than anyone’s here by virtue of the fact that you have watched more of him, your opinions on his character and the goings on in the dressing room, contract negotiations and ins and outs and his fakeness are really not supported or supportable.

Love absorbing opinions of rival fans on players they have watched...not so keen on them passing off their views as more than just tabloid rubbish. God knows we haveenough of that at this club. Again, not being smart - I recognise you know a lot about PSG...just not about the Other things like him refusing to play etc. Unless you have more direct links to the club then the ordinary fan.

I struggle to find any “fake” or negative comments about Cavani from people who have actually encountered him in a professional or private capacity. He is grand as far as I’m concerned. Happy to sit on the bench and work his balls off when required. No more no less.

Last edited:

kouroux

Ligue 1, for pointless games when the title was more than in the bag.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Not sure what his point is anyway.

Edi literally waited on the wings for years due to Zlatan, then had a fantastic season promptly followed-up by the Neymar and Mbappe singings. They let his contract run out. It was not the player, the club did, then got caught up by Covid delays. Karma is a bitch.

He owed them nothing. His priority should have been (and was) setting aside that time to get a proper preseason with whoever his new employers would be. That unfortunately took longer than expected to sort out as we well know. The only big club that could make such a move in September, on those wages, after the season starts is United.

You don't plan for the Disneyland exception to happen. But no, he should have ignored what was best for him to offer PSG a Plan B for all of 4 games, just in case, god forbid they may need to play him... Batshit stuff.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
That is indeed true. You've been abusing cavani even before he stepped onto old trafford.

You've got a agenda against him and I will quote your posts every few pages to let everyone know.

And did i mention you have the highest post count in this thread, talk about an obsessive agenda :lol:!

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He's a fraud yet you keep putting feathers up Pogba's arse (player of the year according to you) when he gets himself sent off after coming on as a sub because he CBA.
The contrast between him and Cavani who gives it his all in a lost game as a sub in that same game couldn't be greater.

kouroux

Edi literally waited on the wings for years due to Zlatan, then had a fantastic season promptly followed-up by the Neymar and Mbappe singings. They let his contract run out. It was not the player, the club did, then got caught up by Covid delays. Karma is a bitch.

He owed them nothing. His priority should have been (and was) setting aside that time to get a proper preseason with whoever his new employers would be. That unfortunately took longer than expected to sort out as we well know. The only big club that could make such a move in September, on those wages, after the season starts is United.

You don't plan for the Disneyland exception to happen. But no, he should have ignored what was best for him to offer PSG a Plan B for all of 4 games, just in case, god forbid they may need to play him... Batshit stuff.
Couldn't have said it better. I still don't get the blame Cavani got for extra days when he was never gonna feature vs Boro anyway

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Not being in any way smart arsed here or anything...but you are just a PSG fan right? You don’t work for the club or have any close links to the club or inside information?

I ask because we all love Utd the way you love PSG but we couldn’t for a second speak with any authority as to why a player was dropped or left out or relationships in a dressing room without qualifying those opinions with the caveat that we know fuk all except what is written in the papers and what we see on the pitch.

while your opinion on his performances at PSG may be rightly more valid than anyone’s here by virtue of the fact that you have watched more of him, your opinions on his character and the goings on in the dressing room, contract negotiations and ins and outs and his fakeness are really not supported or supportable.

Love absorbing opinions of rival fans on players they have watched...not so keen on them passing off their views as more than just tabloid rubbish. God knows we haveenough of that at this club. Again, not being smart - I recognise you know a lot about PSG...just not about the Other things like him refusing to play etc. Unless you have more direct links to the club then the ordinary fan.

I struggle to find any “fake” or negative comments about Cavani from people who have actually encountered him in a professional or private capacity. He is grand as far as I’m concerned. Happy to sit on the bench and work his balls off when required. No more no less.
There's facts, like :
- he refused to extend is contract to play the final 8
- He regularly unitlateraly extended his holidays because he felt like it
- I haven't heard a single PSG player saying they missed Cavani since he left. They did with Thiago Silva, none of them seems to care about Cavani.

Also, him being a loner and not really blending in was a recurring account by media throughout his years at PSG, I tend to believe there's truth to it when it's that consistent.

What are you talking about? It was in february, it wasn't more or less pointless than any other Ligue 1 game. Tuchel could have played Icardi, he didn't. He also could have played without him against Dortmund, he was a starter in this very important game.

You've been wrong since the very beginning of this conversation and can't admit it. The thing is, both Cavani and Icardi were pretty bad during this period so Tuchel alternated between both. Cavani not starting more was mainly due to his injuries.

If you think like someone who takes football like a 9 to 5 job it"s true. Football is also about winning important titles for you and for the fans (PSG's ultras were VERY supportive of Cavani, to the point where it was a bit ridiculous). He declined an opportunity to win the CL to take long holidays and sign for another club. He could have stayed 2 extra months to try to play a part in an historic run for the club, to shoot for PSG's 1st CL title, for his teamates and the fans, he took the coward way out like Meunier. His loss. Thiago Silva was as frustrasted as Cavani not to be renewed but he stayed.

kouroux

There's facts, like :
- he refused to extend is contract to play the final 8
- He regularly unitlateraly extended his holidays because he felt like it
- I haven't heard a single PSG player saying they missed Cavani since he left. They did with Thiago Silva, none of them seems to care about Cavani.

Also, him being a loner and not really blending in was a recurring account by media throughout his years at PSG, I tend to believe there's truth to it when it's that consistent.

What are you talking about? It was in february, it wasn't more or less pointless than any other Ligue 1 game. Tuchel could have played Icardi, he didn't. He also could have played without him against Dortmund, he was a starter in this very important game.

You've been wrong since the very beginning of this conversation and can't admit it. The thing is, both Cavani and Icardi were pretty bad during this period so Tuchel alternated between both. Cavani not starting more was mainly due to his injuries.

If you think like someone who takes football like a 9 to 5 job it"s true. Football is also about winning important titles for you and for the fans (PSG's ultras were VERY supportive of Cavani, to the point where it was a bit ridiculous). He declined an opportunity to win the CL to take long holidays and sign for another club. He could have stayed 2 extra months to try to play a part in an historic run for the club, to shoot for PSG's 1st CL title, for his teamates and the fans, he took the coward way out like Meunier. His loss. Thiago Silva was as frustrasted as Cavani not to be renewed but he stayed.
Of course it was, look at how many points there was PSG and 2nd/3rd teams. 12 and 18 points respectively with a game in hand. You're making it sound like Cavani was part of hugely important games :lol:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Of course it was, look at how many points there was PSG and 2nd/3rd teams. 12 and 18 points respectively with a game in hand. You're making it sound like Cavani was part of hugely important games :lol:
Yeah it's not as if he also started in the cup semi finals against Lyon as well, and Icardi was also available for this one.

What's the excuse now?

kouroux

Yeah it's not as if he also started in the cup semi finals against Lyon as well, and Icardi was also available for this one.

What's the excuse now?
Yeah, the cup semi final. Huge huge game indeed. Let's look at the number of minutes played by Cavani since Icardi when he was available. That will tell us if he was still an important player or not. Look at the entire season when he was fit and not just games here and there. Cavani was a discarded player long long before he started negotiating with any club

Marwood

That is indeed true. You've been abusing cavani even before he stepped onto old trafford.

You've got a agenda against him and I will quote your posts every few pages to let everyone know.

And did i mention you have the highest post count in this thread, talk about an obsessive agenda :lol:!
Guys @Jeppers7 doesn't like any signing who gets the kind of applause he thinks Pogba should be getting.

It's why he's often critical of Bruno and Cavani. Am I right Jeppers?

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Yeah, the cup semi final. Huge huge game indeed. Let's look at the number of minutes played by Cavani since Icardi when he was available. That will tell us if he was still an important player or not. Look at the entire season when he was fit and not just games here and there. Cavani was a discarded player long long before he started negotiating with any club
This getting absurd. Your digging deeper and deeper with every post and don't know when to cover your losses. Cavani started the season as a starter, then got injured for 2 months after 3 games. Of course the club isn't going to wait for him so Icardi played and he was good, very good and was averaging one goal per game during this period. Cavani tried to come back and got another bad injury barely a month later, so Icardi played again. At the end of the season, both Icardi and Cavani sucked and Tuchel eventually finished the season with Cavani as a starter. You're trying to dismiss that as if none of those games mattered but Cavani played in Ligue 1, in the cup and against Dortmund in an ultra important game when PSG absolutely needed to win. So yes, in Tuchel's mind Cavani was a started when he decided to leave.

You theory of Icardi replacing gets even more absurd when you look at what Tuchel did with Icardi in the knockout stages. HE BENCHED HIM even when Cavani wasn't available. Out of 5 knockout games Icardi one played one !

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Jesus. That’s hilarious. What a weirdo.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He's a fraud yet you keep putting feathers up Pogba's arse (player of the year according to you) when he gets himself sent off after coming on as a sub because he CBA.
The contrast between him and Cavani who gives it his all in a lost game as a sub in that same game couldn't be greater.
Deary me :lol:

(Also can you find my quote where I’ve said he’s player of the year?)

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

Can you find a quote where I abused Cavani before he stepped onto the pitch?

Ok stalker. Wow that just a weird comment to make. The Cavani police are onto me :wenger:

If you want some context to being the highest poster then read through the posts. I asked a question around why people loved him so much to get some understanding of the reasoning and had a lot of response....I then engaged in those conversations which will explain why that’s the case.

Might be better winding yer neck in love.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Deary me :lol:

(Also can you find my quote where I’ve said he’s player of the year?)
I’m going to post on this one last time….Bruno had a great start to his United career. His first twelve months overall were good. But he was still inconsistent in terms of performances, he plays further up the pitch than Pogba and has largely played in a more balanced team in my opinion, had penalties to mask his performances for a long time, until this season. He hasn’t done more than Pogba, he simply had a great start to his United career. Since last January he’s been largely terrible consistently with a handful of good performances here and there. Pogba has never had 12 months as bad as Bruno was in 2021.

This is the thing though….if you asked United fans for their player of 2021 you will get plenty saying Bruno….because he is held in such a positive regard. It’s the same in the opposite way for Pogba. If you go back and watch his performances from January last season he’s been largely very good with a few poor games here and there. You will see the effort that people keep saying he doesn’t give, the quality, the impact and you will see the effect it had last season when he got injured. He’s was miles better than Bruno in 2021 it’s not even close….but people don’t want to see it and instead just insist that Bruno has been great….but he’s just a bit tired.
Ok u didn't exactly say he was player of the year, but if you thought he was miles better than the player most saw as poty then ... ?

kouroux

This getting absurd. Your digging deeper and deeper with every post and don't know when to cover your losses. Cavani started the season as a starter, then got injured for 2 months after 3 games. Of course the club isn't going to wait for him so Icardi played and he was good, very good and was averaging one goal per game during this period. Cavani tried to come back and got another bad injury barely a month later, so Icardi played again. At the end of the season, both Icardi and Cavani sucked and Tuchel eventually finished the season with Cavani as a starter. You're trying to dismiss that as if none of those games mattered but Cavani played in Ligue 1, in the cup and against Dortmund in an ultra important game when PSG absolutely needed to win. So yes, in Tuchel's mind Cavani was a started when he decided to leave.

You theory of Icardi replacing gets even more absurd when you look at what Tuchel did with Icardi in the knockout stages. HE BENCHED HIM even when Cavani wasn't available. Out of 5 knockout games Icardi one played one !
All I said is that Cavani was discarded as a player long before Utd negotiated with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.