Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Is he acting up because we denied him a transfer in January? Starting to look like it.

Red00012

He’s turning out to be as useful as Ighalo when the covid break finished

MrEleson

I partly blame him for Ronaldo being in bad shape and form. There’s no one else to play which led us to running CR7 into the ground.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Loved his attitude from the get go but this season, between extended holidays and only declaring himself fit when he feels like it is really starting to piss me off. Worst about it is I can't really blame him. The club should of let him go when he made it clear he didn't want to be here anymore. When will we ever feckin learn?

Chairman Steve

I get the feeling we begged him to stay even though I don’t think he wanted too, but then classic Woodward offered him carte blanche and he took it and is exercising it.

jem

Yeah it’s getting annoying. If he can’t take the slightest risk and step up when we really needed him (a derby no less), then he shouldn’t be collecting a paycheque.

Seij

When other players are out - " [player] out with an injury".
When Cavani is out - "Cavani doesn't feel ready".

When is the next Uruguay game?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Out of interest, how many Uruguay matches has he missed while he's been here?

Maybe if anyone can be bothered to turn matches missed for us and matches missed for Uruguay into percentages.
5 posts above yours

4 starts and 3 subs in 16 qualifiers

That said...
Is he going for the World Cup? Maybe preserving his body for that might be his priority atm.
Even before joining us he was clear his target was Qatar and would retire after it. So yes, big part of how he goes about things.

I get the feeling we begged him to stay even though I don’t think he wanted to.
He both wanted to be closer to home and have regular football (again, WCQ, Qatar, etc). There's no way he wasn't told he had a big role to play, very much key to our plans... Wouldn't have stayed otherwise.

Then we go sign Cristiano, i.e. "you are not playing actually, whoopsies". The club also adheres to not releasing South American players for international break, i.e. "you are not playing anywhere just in the off chance we need you".

Ole compounds it saying as a Norway international he always knew who his bosses were, only succeeding at making it very clear that Norway isn't in South America. As culturally sensitive as the FA on all things negrito. Edinson goes on to not being used much at all, whether injured or not, until he shows up in training after the Liverpool debacle. That earns him a start against Spurs, his best game this season.

But, but, he makes 1m quid a month! Who cares about promises and player management? We just want non-mercenaries who only care about who pays them and how much (:confused:)

Newsflash: sometimes things other than money are actually more important to people.

When is the next Uruguay game?
Make or break qualifiers in March so definitely not risking himself.

He sure as feck won't be telling his grandkids about our 2021-22 season. At least nothing to do with football. Maybe how being a stupid cnut can ruin your life and that of others around you? Probably, but not much else. A Europa League qualifying campaign is nothing to write home about even if we take it to the wire.

Last edited:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
@MUFCScoop: Rangnick: “Edi [Cavani] trained well in the last three days but in the end he didn’t feel quite well enough to play.” #MUFC

This guy!

Trained well, didn't feel like playing though.
That’s a disgrace :eek:

Clearly not enjoying this season and wishing he wasn’t convinced he stay. Shame

There was always a massive risk when we spent all that time convincing him, only to then sign Ronaldo to play his position.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
5 posts above yours

That said...

Even before joining us he was clear his target was Qatar and would retire after it. So yes, big part of how he goes about things.

He both wanted to be closer to home and have regular football (again, WCQ, Qatar, etc). There's no way he wasn't told he had a big role to play, very much key to our plans... Wouldn't have stayed otherwise.

Then we go sign Cristiano, i.e. "you are not playing actually, whoopsies". The club also adheres to not releasing South American players for international break, i.e. "you are not playing anywhere just in the off chance we need you".

Ole compounds it saying as a Norway international he always knew who his bosses were, only succeeding at making it very clear that Norway isn't in South America. As culturally sensitive as the FA on all things negrito. Edinson goes on to not being used much at all, whether injured or not, until he shows up in training after the Liverpool debacle. That earns him a start against Spurs, his best game this season.

But, but, he makes 1m quid a month! Who cares about promises and player management? We just want non-mercenaries who only care about who pays them and how much (:confused:)

Newsflash: sometimes things other than money are actually more important to people.

He sure as feck won't be telling his grandkids about our 2021-22 season. At least nothing to do with football. Maybe how being a stupid cnut can ruin your life and that of others around you? Probably, but not much else. A Europa League qualifying campaign is nothing to write home about even if we take it to the wire.
Wtf is this post.

You think it’s fine that a player puts Country above Manchester United, decides when he plays based on what National games are coming up. You think it’s ok that he down tools because the club don’t agree that after an extended summer, when he’s finally fit to start, he wants to spend another 6 weeks in Uruguay.

You think any player playing for United should down tools when faced with competition for a starting place and you think us paying that player £1mill a month shouldn’t mean that we expect something in return.

Honestly your post is the most ridiculous post I’ve read on here.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Clearly not enjoying this season and wishing he wasn’t convinced he stay. Shame

There was always a massive risk when we spent all that time convincing him, only to then sign Ronaldo to play his position.
You think players should have a say in who we sign? Or that it’s ok to down tools if the club signs a player in your position?

I’m just wondering because your post comes across as sympathetic

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
5 posts above yours

That said...

Thanks.

You think players should have a say in who we sign? Or that it’s ok to down tools if the club signs a player in your position?

I’m just wondering because your post comes across as sympathetic
I think it’s unfair to convince a player to stay who clearly really wanted to go home after a tough first lockdown year in England; telling him as Ole confirmed at how important he was going to be, and what a huge role he would play for us. To then go and sign another player in his position who was a guaranteed starter is unfair and must’ve really felt like being stabbed in the back (despite how well he handled the No. 7 thing), hardly surprising from a human aspect if that really affected him.

We (Ole) desperately wanted Cavani as his main number 9 this season, but had no problem fecking all those promises off once Ronaldo became available. Cavani probably felt from Ronaldo’s first game, that this season was now utterly pointless for him and that he never should have allowed himself to be convinced.

So yes, obviously I have sympathy.

Last edited:

Mac1997

I think it’s unfair to convince a player to stay who clearly really wanted to go home after a tough first lockdown year in England; telling him as Ole confirmed at how important he was going to be, and what a huge role he would play for us. To then go and sign another player in his position who was a guaranteed starter is unfair and must’ve really felt like being stabbed in the back (despite how well he handled the No. 7 thing), hardly surprising from a human aspect if that really affected him.

We (Ole) desperately wanted Cavani as his main number 9 this season, but had no problem fecking all those promises off once Ronaldo became available. Cavani probably felt from Ronaldo’s first game, that this season was now utterly pointless for him and that he never should have allowed himself to be convinced.

So yes, obviously I have sympathy.
He is being paid 250k a week to do nothing.

We should terminate his contract.

antohan

Wtf is this post.

You think it’s fine that a player puts Country above Manchester United, decides when he plays based on what National games are coming up. You think it’s ok that he down tools because the club don’t agree that after an extended summer, when he’s finally fit to start, he wants to spend another 6 weeks in Uruguay.

You think any player playing for United should down tools when faced with competition for a starting place and you think us paying that player £1mill a month shouldn’t mean that we expect something in return.

Honestly your post is the most ridiculous post I’ve read on here.
It's not a matter of what I think, or what you think (we know, trust me).

The post highlights things that happened and how they must have affected the player and his relationship with the club, given what is known to be important to him.

That's the thing with passionate/driven players, they have a soul and not demotivating them is a significant factor in how you handle them.

But yeah, knock yourself out and keep calling him a mercenary making too much money, then unprofessional for caring and being affected by things other than money. Whichever suits your agenda will do.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
It's not a matter of what I think, or what you think (we know, trust me).

The post highlights things that happened and how they must have affected the player and his relationship with the club, given what is known to be important to him.

That's the thing with passionate/driven players, they have a soul and not demotivating them is a significant factor in how you handle them.

But yeah, knock yourself out and keep calling him a mercenary making too much money, then unprofessional for caring and being affected by things other than money. Whichever suits your agenda will do.
Is this a joke? He doesn’t bother playing. If he cared about more than his ego.

Roy Keane was a passionate driven Player. I can’t imagine him spitting his dummy out when we signed Veron.

antohan

Is this a joke? He doesn’t bother playing. If he cared about more than his ego.
Oh, it's his ego now.

You know this is a guy who spent almost two years playing alongside a guy who bonked his first wife? This is after he got divorced as a result, not him being unaware.

Roy Keane was a passionate driven Player. I can’t imagine him spitting his dummy out when we signed Veron.
We could do with a Roy Keane right now, absolutely.

Not sure it would work though. We would need 11 Roy Keanes because there would be nobody left.

The United

The guy is hard to hate on the pitch. The woke rate and the celebrations. He was smiling the whole time celebrating Ronaldo's 3rd like he was a proud brother.

SirAnderson

The guy is hard to hate on the pitch. The woke rate and the celebrations. He was smiling the whole time celebrating Ronaldo's 3rd like he was a proud brother.
100% this. It's such a shame he has been constantly plagued by injuries and issues since he's joined us. Would have provided so much more to our side if not for it.

grahamo

He was brilliant for Ronaldo's 3rd goal. He was on the goal line. Makes a run as though hes looking to flick the ball on and takes 2 defenders with him leaving an open goal for Ronaldo to head into. Well done Eddie!

Acole9

Outstanding
At the time giving him another year was the right thing to do but he is done here now.

Status
Not open for further replies.