Edinson Cavani - Manchester United Player

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
In good time with the martial suspension.

How he starts fit, goals will come naturally with the creativity around him.

AshRK

Wish it was 5 years ago but hey atleast getting to see him play for us.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
People whining about the number :lol:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The fecking meltdown on here and twitter for the sake of a number :lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What a piece of fudging crap!!!!!!

Number 7 seriously????

WHYYYYYY???? Give him Dan James 21 not number 7.

Its like the owners have stuck their middle fingers up at us and outed the sancho fire.

There is no way he joins this year or next year with cavani having the number 7 shirt.

What a load of bull. Owners turned us into a full on banter club and sack ole too for letting Cavani have number 7.

Either that's really happened or its a sick joke and we end up signing sancho within 54 mins. I expect it's the former and I'm just gutted.

Not gutted we haven't signed sancho but number 7... Why?
You're having a meltdown over a number. Have a word with yourself :lol:

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Is well past it. I'd be surprised if he even gets 5 PL goals.

izec

Some of you lot are embarrassing. Sancho here, Sancho there, number 7 mimimi...jesus effing christ

Tiber

There are far deeper issues with this short term thinking than the number

littleman

Hope he's a useful addition to us this year. Looking forward to his first game.

acnumber9

It is just a number but surely somebody at the football club knows that a lot of United fans will lose their shit about it. It’s just unnecessary.

Renegade

People expecting a Falcao are going to be very surprised. This guy is a beast
His never reached Falcao’s prime level. I don’t see what use this comment is when his coming into the team under the same circumstances as Falcon then. You wouldn’t have seen this disappointment 4 years ago. That’s the point. We’re not getting prime Cavani.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
We have three young exciting and multi faceted attacking players but needed experience and depth to rotate, as well as provide a different option. Cavani sounds like he fits the bill.
Contract also means we can sign a younger version next summer, or if he has a belter, we can keep him.
Also have no issues giving him no7. IF we sign Sancho next summer, he can take the jersey off Cavani then.
Looking forward to seeing him play.

el3mel

Well people spent the entire window dreaming of Sancho 7 so to have it given to a 33 years old striker coming as a free agent after the disasterclass of our last number 7 is enough to frustrate many. It honestly looks like Ed is trolling us with this.

Regardless of his abilities though, as I think he'll do well here. Won't surprise me if he ends up being a main player for us by December.

drdoityourself

Lighten up. And it's a personal reality check when a guy born on the same year as myself is called a pensioner.

Hope he does well, he's a winner and adds competition and experience to a previously untouchable front three that needs to be pushed.

MUM

Welcome. Just hope he rips the back of the net out for us.

mu4c_20le

His never reached Falcao’s prime level. I don’t see what use this comment is when his coming into the team under the same circumstances as Falcon then. You wouldn’t have seen this disappointment 4 years ago. That’s the point. We’re not getting prime Cavani.
Hint: When people are moaning that this is another Falcao, they aren't talking about prime Falcao either

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's not just a squad player is he?

No. 7, massive agent fee and big wages. He's coming to be a starter here.

Betson

It is only a number, does not bother me he wears no 7.

I think it was a panic buy as he was available all summer if he was a planned target.

But that does not mean he will not do well here , we are due one of these types of signing to pay off again , hopefully this one will.

Best of luck to him , hopefully he can become a hit among the fans with his insane workrate and other qualities.

starman

Won't be surprised if he becomes the main CF with Martial moving to the left, he's better cutting in from the left then Rashford, imo, I also reckon Rashford should be played on the right as hes the best crosser among our forwards. Greenwood being two footed will be first choice for the entire front 3.

Cavani
Martial Rashford​

United Hobbit

Hopefully he will be able to help us, i should imagine Greenwood will learn a lot from him id like to see them played as a front 2 a few times so Greenwood can get experience in the Strikers role with him "mentoring" him for want of a better word.

He could be useful in the CL as well due to his experience

However if we wanted him why didn't we get him earlier rather than scrabbling around in our usual fashion on the last day for him

Ole will have to manage his games very carefully, he wont be able to run him into the ground with his injury record and age. If he can get over his injuries and we use him carefully it may be a very useful signing.

How long a deal have we given him and any hint on his wage? Also is he ready to go now given Martial is banned or is he recovering from injury? I guess its a bit like Bale a bit of a punt that could work it could not.

Chairman Steve

Welcome Edinson! Hope you make an impact here and score lots of great goals for us!

Lets not vent our spleen towards him because the board fecked up the right winger we really needed. He didn’t run our transfer window. It’s a potentially good, experienced option to our very young frontline.

Deery

Dreary
Wasn’t particularly in favour of this transfer but will wish him nothing but the best.

Renegade

Hint: When people are moaning that this is another Falcao, they aren't talking about prime Falcao either
How are you so sure his still beast when he hasn't shown it for a couple seasons and is coming off the back a injury hit season?

Andy_Cole

Number 7 shirt. Reserved strictly for OAPs.

Prediction:
Benzema #7 2022
Lewindowski #7 2024
Kane #7 2026

Ole will still be our manager.