Edinson Cavani - Manchester United Player

KekiZeki

Here's a little experiment for you. Go on to Spotify and search for the name he used in his tweet, then tell me what the results are.

You should get in touch with the bloke who put this on Reddit. He might be able to help you chill regarding Calvani's innocent mistake.

KekiZekicommented on
NASCAR Driver Kyle Larson officially fired after saying "nigger" during a virtual race
albiontimes.co.uk/nascar...

1 point·7 months ago

I wondered about the context, and he wasn't insulting anyone. So what? He said it, plenty white people said it in non-offensive manner and it slides off. Like Bill Maher, Louis C.K. used it in his joke but within context and non offensive.
People should be chill about it.
Bill Maher has his netwoork to decide for him, as they are his bosses. HBO are usually chill, but in his previous netwoork he lost his job over offensive statements. In a way PL is bosses of players. It's a problem we shouldn't even have had but it is there now because he was reckless. And he knows Suarez, they are teammates, he knew Suarez was in trouble for saying it, why just not be an idiot and not create a problem for us!

Plymouth Red

Bill Maher has his netwoork to decide for him, as they are his bosses. HBO are usually chill, but in his previous netwoork he lost his job over offensive statements. In a way PL is bosses of players. It's a problem we shouldn't even have had but it is there now because he was reckless. And he knows Suarez, they are teammates, he knew Suarez was in trouble for saying it, why just not be an idiot and not create a problem for us!
I'd drop it now, chap, before you make yourself look even dafter.

MileStolar

I am not saying it is the same context, you are ignoring what I said to suit your argument. The word has been declared a no no word for FA and the PL. You might not like it but it is a no no word now. We sorta campaigned to get it included and now one of our own is ignoring it and saying whatever he wants.
I never said he should get 8 match ban but to get away with it completey is also unfair. We as a club should have ban him for 2 games ourselves and hope FA agrees it is a punishment enough, with him of course apologizing. This way we can get him banned for longer and that's not beneficial to us. Troublemkaer and only joined the club. Why can't he just leave twitter and instagram for people who are not professional strikers? He'll have plenty of time to do whatever he wants once he is 35 year old and retired ffs
Get away with what? He hasn't insulted anybody for god's sake. This world is becoming so dumb trying to weaponize god damn words, all this shite about racism was intended to stop abusing people but now people find racism and try hard to feel insulted as hard as they can. Stop this nonsense before we become a generation of sulky degenerates waiting for any opportunity to blame and point fingers.

The Firestarter

Your posts read like a 12 year old trying to appear 15.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Not starting him was a mistake. Ever since he came on we started creating chances, before he came on we were mostly playing in our half.

RashyForPM

Come on Ole, it’s time to integrate Cavani into the starting XI. He’s managed excellently since the Everton 1-3 win, but not dropping Martial despite his form has been one of the things we can’t commend him for.

Benefits of starting Cavani over Martial upfront:
  • Better finishing
  • Better passing and vision
  • Better hold-up play (stronger, uses his body better)
  • Better footballing brain (when to dribble, when to spread it wide)
  • Far better movement. Helps that he actually moves.
  • Has a genuine aura of a footballing legend, who strikes fear into defenders and seems like he can score a goal or create a chance at any moment.
  • Martial is playing like a hybrid of Andy Carroll and Benteke atm.
  • He has 200+ career goals in Europe. Enough said.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Come on Ole, it’s time to integrate Cavani into the starting XI. He’s managed excellently since the Everton 1-3 win, but not dropping Martial despite his form has been one of the things we can’t commend him for.

Benefits of starting Cavani over Martial upfront:
  • Better finishing
  • Better passing and vision
  • Better hold-up play (stronger, uses his body better)
  • Better footballing brain (when to dribble, when to spread it wide)
  • Far better movement. Helps that he actually moves.
  • Has a genuine aura of a footballing legend, who strikes fear into defenders and seems like he can score a goal or create a chance at any moment.
  • Martial is playing like a hybrid of Andy Carroll and Benteke atm.
  • He has 200+ career goals in Europe. Enough said.
Agreed with bolded part, the rest is really up for debate, speaking as someone who has seen a lot of him since he's come to PSG. Also, Cavani is not someone I think that can be the leading striker throughout the season, play him too much and he's going to break down with injuries. This is when it'd be nice to see Martial and Greenwood find their form.

RashyForPM

Agreed with bolded part, the rest is really up for debate, speaking as someone who has seen a lot of him since he's come to PSG. Also, Cavani is not someone I think that can be the leading striker throughout the season, play him too much and he's going to break down with injuries. This is when it'd be nice to see Martial and Greenwood find their form.
Cavani missed a fair few sitters for PSG, but imo he’s still a better finisher than Martial. He’s generally clinical. Passing is up for debate. And yeah I know he’s crocked quite often these days, so I don’t mean we should get him to start every game, but we should make him first choice.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Cavani missed a fair few sitters for PSG, but imo he’s still a better finisher than Martial. He’s generally clinical. Passing is up for debate. And yeah I know he’s crocked quite often these days, so I don’t mean we should get him to start every game, but we should make him first choice.
I'm not saying you're wrong about him being a better finisher, I just think it's debatable (at least was until Martial's lost his finishing since end of last season). Cavani has missed some criminal sitters in his time as well so that's why I think the debate is not a ridiculous one.
I do think right now he should probably be first choice for the bigger games, and have Rashford/Martial compete for that left spot. Martial and Greenwood can back up Cavani up top as well.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I've find Cavani's performances a little overrated on here.

Makes some good runs like a proper chances, misses some sitters but gives that feeling of a central striker as a tactic that allows us to play martial & Rashford out wide.

Not much else and personally dont feel he would have scored tonight if he started ad we may have lost out one more midfielder in an area Liverpool looks to dominate at.

RashyForPM

Makes some good runs like a proper chances, misses some sitters but gives that feeling of a central striker as a tactic that allows us to play martial & Rashford out wide.

Not much else and personally dont feel he would have scored tonight if he started ad we may have lost out one more midfielder in an area Liverpool looks to dominate at.
But it’s no coincidence that we created our chances once he came on. His link up play and movement was fantastic as usual.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
But it’s no coincidence that we created our chances once he came on. His link up play and movement was fantastic as usual.
He has started games though and not really done anything either until another striker comes off the bench. Its vice versa alot.

It just seems like a tactical or energetic boost.

I'm not saying he's not useful and I personally think we should start Martial out left, cavani middle and Rashford out wide when the tactics is suited for it and is right but Ole clearly didnt against Liverpool, maybe because he wanted extra midfielders.

RashyForPM

He has started games though and not really done anything either until another striker comes off the bench. Its vice versa alot.

It just seems like a tactical or energetic boost.

I'm not saying he's not useful and I personally think we should start Martial out left, cavani middle and Rashford out wide when the tactics is suited for it and is right but Ole clearly didnt against Liverpool, maybe because he wanted extra midfielders.
I actually agreed with the decision to field two holding midfielders today, but I just think Cavani has to start over Martial now. Unfortunately after his progressive season last year, Martial is having a shocker atm. Really hope he bounces back but at this moment, not only Cavani should be starting over him, but Mason too.

Bwuk

He’s the only striker we’ve got that plays like a striker.

MalcolmTucker

I actually agreed with the decision to field two holding midfielders today, but I just think Cavani has to start over Martial now. Unfortunately after his progressive season last year, Martial is having a shocker atm. Really hope he bounces back but at this moment, not only Cavani should be starting over him, but Mason too.
Cavani over Martial up top is fair enough at this point, but you've got to be blind to think Mason has been better than Martial this season.

He's young, so it's expected that his form has dropped, but let's not pretend that he has been anything other than poor this season. Martial's finishing has been cartoonishly bad but his all round game has been levels above Greenwood's

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He’s too old to start every game, please understand guys. I wish we have him when he was in his prime. I love his work rate got that Rooney‘s work rate.

croadyman

He’s too old to start every game, please understand guys. I wish we have him when he was in his prime. I love his work rate got that Rooney‘s work rate.
Yeah he definitely shouldn't start every game but certainly needs to be one of the first names on the teamsheet in the remaining big six ones no doubt about that, feels so frustrating that we didn't sign him in time for the Spurs match and injury circumstances meant he missed Arsenal, Chelsea & City as well. I am not saying we would have necessarily turned either of those draws into wins but his cutting edge might have been the difference.

croadyman

Found out tonight he shares a birthday with me which is pretty damn cool, certainly better than that Argie snake who also used to be on the same day as well

Robertd0803

Hes the only player on the team that could have scored the first goal last night. Wish Martial/Greenwood and Rashford would pick up more of the poaching aspect from him.

RUCK4444

He out ran all our forwards last night, he looked twice as sharp as anybody in our team.

Did not stop hassling and pressuring the opposition, love that about him and I didn’t expect that to be part of his game tbh.

Would usually score that headed chance, would have been nice for him to get another brace.

He has to start every league game imo. His pressing, runs, movement, positioning and finishing are all levels above Martial and Rashford.

Last edited:

always_hoping

Going by the after match interviews it seems his teammates call him Eddie?Will be key player in the 2nd half of this season if kept fit or if the FA don't come up with another daft suspension..

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I agree, I think that using him sparingly we get the best out of him. However, at the this time the rest of our attackers are out of form so I'd prioritise him until the rest regain their form.

TheReligion

Abusive

Perhaps you've changed that view now

TheReligion

Abusive
What is it with the Caf by the way that makes players in their early 30s unable to play each week and frail. It's fecking odd. Guys an athlete and looks after himself much like Zlatan. Makes all the difference.

Jaxa

I think he makes it glaringly obvious we do not actually have a striker in our team apart from him, not sure if Greenwood is a striker or not yet but going forward we really should fix that, Martial is not a striker, he's a left sided attacker, sure he can play as a #9 and score from there but overall doesn't have the natural instinct or movement a proper striker should have, Rashford obviously isn't a striker either so where does that leave us when Cavani is missing ?

Should have moved heaven and earth to get Haaland when the opportunity might have been there but now the guy is a superstar in the making so that will be a tough one, anyway, to stay on topic, I am so fricking glad we have Cavani playing for us, loved him from his Napoli days and also has great hair too.

RUCK4444

I think he makes it glaringly obvious we do not actually have a striker in our team apart from him, not sure if Greenwood is a striker or not yet but going forward we really should fix that, Martial is not a striker, he's a left sided attacker, sure he can play as a #9 and score from there but overall doesn't have the natural instinct or movement a proper striker should have, Rashford obviously isn't a striker either so where does that leave us when Cavani is missing ?

Should have moved heaven and earth to get Haaland when the opportunity might have been there but now the guy is a superstar in the making so that will be a tough one, anyway, to stay on topic, I am so fricking glad we have Cavani playing for us, loved him from his Napoli days and also has great hair too.
Yup. It's why we should be desperately trying everything to secure Haaland long term. He's pivotal to our progression imo.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I really like him as a player. He's got a good footballing brain and his movement is great. He's in great shape which is testament to his professionalism, and his hunger on the pitch is a delight to watch. I really dislike PSG but he was one of the few players even back when he was there I didn't really mind about. Now I've really warmed to him. Reminds me a bit of when we had Larsson for that super short stint.

Jean claude van hire

I recall there was a fair bit of criticism for the board when he signed but this has proved to be an astute piece of recruitment. He’s a natural goal scorer, the like of which we haven’t had for some time. Love him, hopefully the younger forwards learn from him, i just wish he was 5 years younger.