Edinson Cavani - Manchester United Player

Judas

Open to offers
I can't believe in 2021 people still banging the Hernandez drum :lol: he rightfully was moved on, he'd look a shadow of the player he was by the time he left and had for ages. I remember the mania when West Ham signed him, went quiet quickly when he was shit.

sugar_kane

Just because I'm still bitter at LVG - noticed our fav Mexican striker netting 5 times in his first two matches in MLS. No one will ever convince me that he couldn't have done more off the bench in these past 5 years than the sheer lack of options we've had up front.

Imagine getting rid of that type of player. United through and through, happy to sit on the bench, excellent in the dressing room and a proven winner. And you get rid of him so you can stick Depay up for 20 mins a season.
For me, LVG smugly turning to Giggs when Chicharito slipped and missed a penalty was almost as bad as Mourinho theatrically shaking his head at the fans when Rashford missed a sitter.

Anyone can miss a penalty, and anyone can slip on their arse. To give someone a look like "I told you so" when it happens is pretty shitty. It proved nothing, and it was disrespectful to a player who had been a great asset to the club.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Just because I'm still bitter at LVG - noticed our fav Mexican striker netting 5 times in his first two matches in MLS. No one will ever convince me that he couldn't have done more off the bench in these past 5 years than the sheer lack of options we've had up front.

Imagine getting rid of that type of player. United through and through, happy to sit on the bench, excellent in the dressing room and a proven winner. And you get rid of him so you can stick Depay up for 20 mins a season.
Yeah he would definitely have been worth a place on the bench. It’s crazy how many players LVG replaced with substandard players.

thepolice123

Chicharito’s confidence was absolutely done after Fergie left. Letting him go was probably the right move.

mu4c_20le

I'm happy Hernandez is hitting the net again, but his first season in the MLS was pretty underwhelming. He's another confidence player and we already have too many of them. Also LVG repalced him with Falcao who is twice the player he is, but whether it was his injury or failing to adapt to the PL it just never worked out as well as we expected.

SATA

Whether he stays or goes, he has to make his wishy washy mind up soon and then the club can start to plan the transfer summer ahead with or without him

Judas

Open to offers
The decision really should have been made a month or two ago. Look what City have done with Aguero. I hope it isn't as up in the air as it appears, it doesn't do the club any favours.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The decision really should have been made a month or two ago. Look what City have done with Aguero. I hope it isn't as up in the air as it appears, it doesn't do the club any favours.
It's not the same though is it, City don't want Aguero whereas we do want Cavani

Judas

Open to offers
It's not the same though is it, City don't want Aguero whereas we do want Cavani
It's not the same, but with how it looks like we operate, this not knowing what we need to do in the summer can't be helpful. If we had what's happening with Cavani sorted, it would probably do us some favours in being able to plan our business. But look we're all trying to guess what this club will do and apart from giving out contracts to injury prone defenders, we're quite unpredictable.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
It's not the same, but with how it looks like we operate, this not knowing what we need to do in the summer can't be helpful. If we had what's happening with Cavani sorted, it would probably do us some favours in being able to plan our business. But look we're all trying to guess what this club will do and apart from giving out contracts to injury prone defenders, we're quite unpredictable.
tbh I think the club know Cavani's gone but it does us no favours announcing it right now and as fans we all know he's not being replaced with equal quality :(

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The club will have a pretty good idea if he's staying or going. No need to announce anything.

I can't believe in 2021 people still banging the Hernandez drum :lol: he rightfully was moved on, he'd look a shadow of the player he was by the time he left and had for ages. I remember the mania when West Ham signed him, went quiet quickly when he was shit.
Pops up whenever he scores a couple of goals: they'll completely ignore the fact that he's been rubbish for at least half a decade now.

Case in point: that one above you who evidently doesn't even know ("first two matches") that this is Hernandez's second season in MLS. And he scored 2 in 12 last year.

croadyman

Think it's safe to say we are only looking at a ST if he decides to leave, however that shouldn't be the case with RW as we need to sign one whatever happens with Edi this summer and similar to still needing a CB despite Bailly new deal

tomaldinho1

Nothing ceases to amaze me on here, I genuinely remember seeing the Welbeck drum get dusted off when he scored against us for Brighton :houllier:

r0663664

Worships Man City
Hopefully finishing 2nd and wining and Europa League and seeing the squad can challenge both Premier League and Champion League will see him willing to stay for another season. I didn't expect him to be this good to be honest. If he stay, Martial can sulk on the bench until he wakes up and put his heart and soul into it.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
He’s better off if he’s not sure of it. Will be sad for me if so cause he is a very good player, but we want players who are totally committed.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Really happy to see Ole's quotes about persuading him to stay. Cavani is a fecking rare breed man, when you get your hands on a player like this you keep him for as long as you realistically can. Master of his craft!

Reiver

I sincerely hope he can be persuaded to stay another year. It won't be right if fans at a full Old Trafford don't get to see and cheer him on in person.

NYAS

I wonder what is the covid situation like in Argentina now? Would it be better than the UK?
I think his point is more to do with him being closer to his family and being in a more familiar place, rather than how well they’re doing with Covid/lockdown.

Lj82

I think his point is more to do with him being closer to his family and being in a more familiar place, rather than how well they’re doing with Covid/lockdown.
I know. I meant with the situation deteriorating it may change their calculations. Probably wishful thinking on my part though

Rolaholic

Get the feck in :drool: :drool:

Would've been such a shame seeing him go without playing infront of a packed Old Trafford crowd plus it's not like Boca would refuse to sign him in a year.

He'd get the song and banner treatment in no time given his production and impact on the team.

Can't wait to see him continue building that tremendous understanding and chemistry he's got with Pogba and Bruno.

Also allows us to focus on other needs this summer like OT while having a positive effect on Rash and Greenwoods developement.

Last edited:

Raw

Get in, brilliant news. As much as we could do with a new striker, I think this can alleviate the pressure on finding one and instead focus on RW and a DM. Then once Cavani leaves, either Greenwood will be prepped for the role or we'll have suitable replacements lined up.

Can't wait until he plays in front of the fans.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If we can keep him fit he'll be a great rotation option. I still think we need a proper striker as I don't think Martial has proven himself reliable to be our no.1 no. 9

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Who would enjoy living in lockdown UK?

Post lockdown Spring/Summer Cheshire life and fans in the stadium chanting his name would make a World of difference.
Indeed.

We should get agent Forlán on the case. He was always very pleased and proud of the fact every now and then while watching us play he would still hear "Dieeeeegooo, oh oh oh oh".

I've no doubt last night he must have thought he wants another year of that. Scoring six against AS Roma is a tad more satisfactory than six against Jorge Wilstermann or Once Caldas.

Any chance there is a parade in Manchester if we win the EL?

Judas

Open to offers
Indeed.

We should get agent Forlán on the case. He was always very pleased and proud of the fact every now and then while watching us play he would still hear "Dieeeeegooo, oh oh oh oh".

I've no doubt last night he must have thought he wants another year of that. Scoring six against AS Roma is a tad more satisfactory than six against Jorge Wilstermann or Once Caldas.

Any chance there is a parade in Manchester if we win the EL?
Good god no, that would be wrong morally due to covid and tragic because its the EL, you don't have a parade for that.