Edinson Cavani - Manchester United Player

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Awesome news. I can't wait until he gets to play in front of the Ole Trafford crowd. He'll fall in love with the club.

Eriku

I remember Andy Mitten saying that David Moyes was desperate to sign Cavani in 2013 (before he chose PSG) and thought he would "score for fun" in England.

I really think he's suited to this league and would have been an absolute beast if he'd joined then
Imagine how many goals we’d have scored against Fulham :(

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Looks like striker position settled for next season, assuming he'll stay fit for majority of it.

Definitely good mentor for Greenwood and perhaps even Martial, so that's something.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Great news but I dont think he'll be the only high profile forward we'll be signing. :D

HarryRedCrumbs

Shearer was drooling over Cavani and Greenwood last night on Match Of The Day, and he wasn't wrong. I really hope Mason has the foresight to see the opportunity he has here. Time will tell... I know when I was his age I couldn't even spell foresight.

Funny flipping from page 1 of this thread to page 49.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I hold my hands up, I thought this was going to be another poor move by United initially.
33,injury issues, our history with South American talent, last day signing, there wasn't a great deal of confidence from me on any aspect of this deal.
Proven wrong.

Rolaholic

Shearer was drooling over Cavani and Greenwood last night on Match Of The Day, and he wasn't wrong. I really hope Mason has the foresight to see the opportunity he has here. Time will tell... I know when I was his age I couldn't even spell foresight.

Funny flipping from page 1 of this thread to page 49.
Michael Owen as well :lol:

Happy to see that there's still a healthy amount of appreciation and reverence for traditional centre forwards in the country compared to other countries and leagues recently.

Also hope you're right in regards to the young lad. Adding expert off-ball movement like Cavani's to Greenwood's finishing would make for an unstoppable forward

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Very exciting news, though it probably means Haaland nor Kane will be coming here. That was always going to be difficult, so we can now focus on other areas to improve.
With the price quoted for both it doesn’t make sense. Haaland could be pushed for next season however. Still think we’re a bit low on numbers if there’s an injury or two.We’ll have to see if there are some targets under the radar as well but this is great news all round

Inigo Montoya

Michael Owen as well :lol:

Happy to see that there's still a healthy amount of appreciation and reverence for traditional centre forwards in the country compared to other countries and leagues recently.

Also hope you're right in regards to the young lad. Adding expert off-ball movement like Cavani's to Greenwood's finishing would make for an unstoppable forward
Shearer is a really fair pundit and appreciates great strikers. He used to wax lyrical over Zlatan too

Tallis

Great news. When he hangs up his boots, I hope he can take a coaching job at Utd. Would love for him to work with McNeil and Hughill.

Inigo Montoya

Great news. When he hangs up his boots, I hope he can take a coaching job at Utd. Would love for him to work with McNeil and Hughill.
It’s been a coup to get him to stay for another season but he’s far from home and his family so don’t expect anything else.

Besides there are enough great retired strikers out there who could coach our youngsters. We have one as manager ;)

Rolaholic

if true - get the feck in!

I’ve not allowed myself to get excited due to the uncertainty. A bit like when you score these days - you need it wait until the VAR check until you can get excited. So I’m still on pause until officially announced.
Well get your party hat out, it's officially official :lol:

el3mel

Great news. One more year of his top class movement and finishing. :drool:

Saves us money for other positions.

siw2007

Delighted that he has signed a new deal. He’s been superb the last few months or so and should get the chance to play in front of the Old Trafford crowd next year. Hopefully he can fire us to a trophy later in the month and next season too.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I remember Andy Mitten saying that David Moyes was desperate to sign Cavani in 2013 (before he chose PSG) and thought he would "score for fun" in England.

I really think he's suited to this league and would have been an absolute beast if he'd joined then
Spent all summer faffing with Thiago instead, didn't he?

Imagine that 70+ crosses game with him in the box :lol:

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
came quicker that I hoped.

really happy about this!

brilliant news for everyone at the club
Amen! We are a whole different club with leaders like Cavani and Bruno. When legends of past winning generations talked about winning mentality, their voices were being dismissed as "those things don't matter in this day and age", but the reality is - it still matters! Not only players like Ed and Bruno do amazing things themselves, but they lift up others like Rashford, Greenwood, Luke Shaw. Even Pogba ;)

I love watching our team these days, and hope for more of this.

United Hobbit

Great news, he's scored some really important goals for us, it will be great to see the reception the OT crowd give him.

Just hope he can stay fit, as he's such an asset - hopefully we can find a good way to manage his games.

MU655

Great news! Replacing him would be verging on impossible.

Kane and Haaland seem to be the only ones potentially available that could have the same impact, but at a huge cost.

MU655

Spent all summer faffing with Thiago instead, didn't he?

Imagine that 70+ crosses game with him in the box :lol:
Wasn't it Fabregas we were chasing? Moyes had the right targets, to be fair. From ideas of Fabregas and Cavani to the reality of Fellaini; that must have been depressing.

Adamsk7

Literally my favourite player (along with Bruno). He just has that something that Manchester United players of old had. It’s not even that he’s so damn good, it’s like a swashbuckling bravado whilst also seeming like a decent bloke. So glad we get to see him play here for another year and a real shame we didn’t get him many years ago.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Anyone better at graphic design that can make that desktop background material?
Can't help you unfortunately but I'd ask the author himself. I'm sure he'd be flattered and happy to send you a high-def version.

OverratedOpinion

Great news.

I said before that the timing is perfect to allow us to invest in other positions this summer and then have a run at Haaland once his buy out clause comes becomes active. Not to say that he will choose us because he will obviously have a lot of suitors but it relieves a lot of panic.

ZupZup

Hilarious that he knows his chant and said he wants to hear the fans singing it at Old Trafford...

And we shall definitely give him what he wants. Can’t wait.

Edi renews... I renew (the season ticket).

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Wasn't it Fabregas we were chasing? Moyes had the right targets, to be fair. From ideas of Fabregas and Cavani to the reality of Fellaini; that must have been depressing.
Yeah, you are right, Thiago was the next summer with LVG.

Either an upgrade on Merouane, mind.