Edinson Cavani - Manchester United Player

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
At his age the time off contact football the last few months might not be such a bad thing to recharge the body and let injuries fully clear up , seemingly he has kept himself in good shape. We will see in a few weeks.
Hopefully fingers crossed. He's always been in great shape throughout his career, with virtually zero injuries before the last two years. Maybe the time off was just what he needed.

LDUred

This is a steal for us and a shrewd bit of last day business.

Cavani is a battering ram with a touch of class, a goalscorer, and a hard-working, driven professional.

Just having players of his class around the club will be useful to the younger players.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
This is a steal for us and a shrewd bit of last day business.

Cavani is a battering ram with a touch of class, a goalscorer, and a hard-working, driven professional.

Just having players of his class around the club will be useful to the younger players.
Definitely. His experience and quality will be invaluable to our young attackers. Regardless of his age, he's the ultimate role model.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
What a piece of fudging crap!!!!!!

Number 7 seriously????

WHYYYYYY???? Give him Dan James 21 not number 7.

Its like the owners have stuck their middle fingers up at us and outed the sancho fire.

There is no way he joins this year or next year with cavani having the number 7 shirt.

What a load of bull. Owners turned us into a full on banter club and sack ole too for letting Cavani have number 7.

Either that's really happened or its a sick joke and we end up signing sancho within 54 mins. I expect it's the former and I'm just gutted.

Not gutted we haven't signed sancho but number 7... Why?
:lol:

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I kinda like this deal as long as he is fit. He gives us something different up front and we needed another striker.

Makes extending Ighalo's loan seem a bit silly though.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
What a piece of fudging crap!!!!!!

Number 7 seriously????

WHYYYYYY???? Give him Dan James 21 not number 7.

Its like the owners have stuck their middle fingers up at us and outed the sancho fire.

There is no way he joins this year or next year with cavani having the number 7 shirt.

What a load of bull. Owners turned us into a full on banter club and sack ole too for letting Cavani have number 7.

Either that's really happened or its a sick joke and we end up signing sancho within 54 mins. I expect it's the former and I'm just gutted.

Not gutted we haven't signed sancho but number 7... Why?
You aren’t gutted caused we didn’t Sancho but you’re gutted cause we gave the #7 shirt to Cavani? I am not really sure what to say to that.

La Nuca

How much deadwood would Woodward buy if Woodward could buy deadwood?

Foxbatt

Not the point I'm making mate. Just saying he could be successful like those guys. Doesn't mean the team as a whole will be successful.
He has played at the top level and he is only 33. He does put in a shift too and he could be a role model and mentor for the younger players. He knows how to play at the top level. Speaks French and Spanish so language with most of the team mates would not be an issue.

Will Singh

I don’t think it’s a bad signing, shirt number I think is more a middle finger at the fans and a message Sancho ain’t coming!

I think Cavani will do well here and will be a inspiration to the young attackers to learn from.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
This is a really interesting one. Very excited to see how he does and he should be a huge influence on Martial and Greenwood if nothing else. Guy knows how to move and find space. We also need a bit of grit in the team, so let’s hope he can get match fit pretty quickly.

patty123

Were like a retirement home for past super stars.

Schweinsteiger
Falcao
Zlatan
Cavani

I'd have loved all of them in their Prime. But hey. We get them when they are old

Guess it means there is hope for Wesley Schneijder yet. Woohooo

I mean I hope he does well but feck me its underwhelming and another plaster over a massive deep seeping wound
This trend was started by AF ? forget how we signed a guy who had snubbed us twice in his prime in Blanc for a final payday he couldn't get elsewhere? how about Larsson ? or how bout the scouser ?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If City, Chelsea, or Liverpool signed him, many in here would say what genius signing. Just so pathetic.

snowkarl

If City, Chelsea, or Liverpool signed him, many in here would say what genius signing. Just so pathetic.
But they didn't, and wouldnt ever, sign him. That makes a huge difference to your point.

This guy was benched by Choupo Moting... Let that sink in

Clermontois

Supports
France
To buy an older striker makes sense as no direct competition for Anthony is required but Cavani may be too old.

Hope it goes well for him.

Leethal

Terrible signing.

33 years old. Was struggling in the uber eats league against shithouse teams, with Neymar and Mbappe feeding him. He's been out for 7 months, after 2 years plagued with injuries.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
But they didn't, and wouldnt ever, sign him. That makes a huge difference to your point.

This guy was benched by Choupo Moting... Let that sink in
Of course they didn't, because we sign him. Just like they didn't sign Messi. Or do you think a player can sign to several clubs?

snowkarl

Of course they didn't, because we sign him. Or do you think a player can sign to several clubs?
They could have signed him for free at any time for 10 months now but they clearly didn't want him.

Not even Woody really wanted him, just took him as a last minute, desperate back up to appease the fans.

Benfica rejected him, Atletico also. He had agreed terms with Gremio, a mid table Brazilian team, before we swooped in with a contract worth about 25 to 30m over 2 years.

It's a terrible and risky signing. Liverpool and City are far too smart to sign him.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Holy feck the more I read about him the more I hate this transfer.

He actually was benched by Chupo fecking Moting

Clermontois

Supports
France
Holy feck the more I read about him the more I hate this transfer.

He actually was benched by Chupo fecking Moting
Choupo also benched Icardi as well, he actually improved at PSG and left a better player.

BlueHaze

I love Cavani and wanted us to sign him badly when he was at Napoli and I hope he goes on and does well but his fitness issues worry me. If he stays fit I think he'll be valuable but thats a big if. Also not the easiest thing coming in at 33 and knackered trying to adjust to this league.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
FIFA should just declare a "Universal Law" that any ageing strikers who are out of favor/contract and suffering from injury problems directly move to Old Trafford to finish off their careers making some good money in the process.

starman

I kinda like this deal as long as he is fit. He gives us something different up front and we needed another striker.

Makes extending Ighalo's loan seem a bit silly though.
By the time Cavani is match fit it will be November, Ighalo contract expires on 31st Jan, the extension had to be done, or we didn't have to a back up when league started up again after lock down

Blood Mage

Another signing which confirms that Woodward's priority is selling shirts, not winning football matches. This guy is past it and crocked, and we're paying £200,000 a week. :houllier:

Leethal

Another signing which confirms that Woodward's priority is selling shirts, not winning football matches. This guy is past it and crocked, and we're paying £200,000 a week. :houllier:
Sadly, who the feck is going to rush out and print a Cavani shirt? :lol: Uruguayan's?

Clermontois

Supports
France
Strange how Choupos gone to Bayern If that’s the case
They offered him a contract to stay but guess he was not happy with it or his role so he left. Thiago Silva left there as well.

Leonardo wants to rejuvenate the team it seems though.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I wish him the very best and hope he does well. I really do.
Lad losing their minds cos he's getting the no 7 shirt need to grow the fcuk up.

SAFMUTD

Hopefully Im wrong but I think we just got our brand new Alexis.

tjb

If Cavani comes in and scores goals, a lot of people have to apologise. The way we have treated the new signings in this window is appalling. We haven't even given them a chance yet, all because of Sancho. Well lets see how he performs too.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Why are you guys so annoyed by him getting the number 7 shirt? It’s really not a big deal. When things are not well, everything is wrong.

BlueHaze

Why are you guys so annoyed by him getting the number 7 shirt? It’s really not a big deal. When things are not well, everything is wrong.
Lots of people throwing tantrums about that but I personally don't give a feck.

dasty

Wasn't too excited about this signing but seeing redcafe going into a meltdown over this made me think that he will turn out great for us. I am feeling quietly confident about this signing now. Usually when redcafe hates a signing they ended up being good. Not to bothered about his squad number either. He is only here on a 1+1 contract anyway.

Leethal

The older posters care about number 7, as it was associated with players such as Bryan Robson, Eric Cantona, George Best, Cristiano Ronaldo, David Beckham and Andrei Kanchelskis (until Cantona nicked it). Legends who we grew up with. The number was iconic to us

The younger posters associate it with shite like Michael Owen, Depay, Valencia, Di Maria and Alexis Sanchez. So I can see why they don't give a feck.