Edinson Cavani - Manchester United Player

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I wonder what is the covid situation like in Argentina now? Would it be better than the UK?
Not at all. Argentina is one of the last places on earth you would want to move to right now. Political, economic and sanitary chaos.

Rajma

If we can keep him fit he'll be a great rotation option. I still think we need a proper striker as I don't think Martial has proven himself reliable to be our no.1 no. 9
I think you’re misjudging the situation completely here, in no shape of form is Martial is seen as our no.1 even if fit, he’s actually the one who is going to be used as a rotation option. Cavani has cemented his places in starting eleven as Ole trusts him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think this is the first time I’ve ever opened this thread. The entire first page is an absolute embarrassment. Tbf I’ve said a few times that the meltdown following the last summer window was a low point for the caf, IMO. Worst I’ve seen it on here.

antohan

When you're rich most of these things aren't a problem.
A fair share of Argentina's rich and famous moved to Uruguay in May 2020, many permanently and transplanting entire family units of close relatives as well. Now getting vaccinated here while their mates have to find ways to fly to Miami for a J&J.

I live here, I know what I'm talking about.

Away from football, covid and lifestyle. They have (again) introduced the beef producers registry, which is then used to impose quotas on exports in order to force producers to serve the domestic market at controlled prices. They then stop producing, obviously. Same old shit they do every ten years or so. Never ends well.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I think this is the first time I’ve ever opened this thread. The entire first page is an absolute embarrassment. Tbf I’ve said a few times that the meltdown following the last summer window was a low point for the caf, IMO. Worst I’ve seen it on here.
Shows how much people watch outside of United.

Ace of Spades

:lol: I have noticed that the caf usually are terrible when it comes to transfers. The players who had little fanfare are usually better signings and the players that the caf hype usually are busts.

Probably a coincidence, or maybe the caf just is that clueless, it is funny nonetheless.

Andersons Dietician

Sancho depression. I think most don’t think about how players fit or work in a team/system. They just brand Name no matter if it doesn’t suit our play. I think he was always going to be a solid player because he is at hart a hardworking player who gives everything and wants to win with no ego who just happens to be blessed with excellence movement and an eye for goal.

Solid but of buisness and if we can get him to stay for one more year then perfect. Even if he only plays half the games probably be more than worth it.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
As good as he's been, I was never excited when he joined and I'm not excited he's staying.

What I'm more optimistic about is we might buy a bloody CDM and/or RW this summer. Or we could just keep more money back for the Glazers.

antohan

The guy Sportcenter @ as source here is the son of one of the most reputed football pundits in Uruguay of the last 50 years

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
[
Hahaha tag line checks out!

To be fair I wasn’t against it but I wasn’t fully for it either. Sick of the stopgaps and the owners leaving the managers lacking top players in crucial positions going into a busy season and fans still expecting us to win everything. It’s fair to say Cavani has surpassed my expectations but I knew he’d score goals here if he could get fit but I also thought he’d be on the bench and martial would be doing the business… He’ll be like a new signing again next season :wenger:

Edit yeah also Sancho comedown was certainly a factor in the jerking of knees. If we’d just gone and got Cavani straight away like it was an actual plan and we weren’t just grabbing the last available good striker that was going cheap. The optics were pretty poor but luckily for us we’ve had some major luck with signings since Ole came in and Edi is another big hit

thepolice123

Indeed.

We should get agent Forlán on the case. He was always very pleased and proud of the fact every now and then while watching us play he would still hear "Dieeeeegooo, oh oh oh oh".

I've no doubt last night he must have thought he wants another year of that. Scoring six against AS Roma is a tad more satisfactory than six against Jorge Wilstermann or Once Caldas.

Any chance there is a parade in Manchester if we win the EL?
Is Forlan a close friend of Cavani? We need him to do his job in making sure Cavani stays. :drool:

United442b

[

Hahaha tag line checks out!

To be fair I wasn’t against it but I wasn’t fully for it either. Sick of the stopgaps and the owners leaving the managers lacking top players in crucial positions going into a busy season and fans still expecting us to win everything. It’s fair to say Cavani has surpassed my expectations but I knew he’d score goals here if he could get fit but I also thought he’d be on the bench and martial would be doing the business… He’ll be like a new signing again next season :wenger:

Edit yeah also Sancho comedown was certainly a factor in the jerking of knees. If we’d just gone and got Cavani straight away like it was an actual plan and we weren’t just grabbing the last available good striker that was going cheap. The optics were pretty poor but luckily for us we’ve had some major luck with signings since Ole came in and Edi is another big hit
Tbf the meltdown was partly caused by Man Utd. They can't come out and harp on about a cultural reset, signing young players and then sign one of the oldest top level professional footballers who had been available for a year - at the last minute.

With hindsight Cavani's makes sense. The young players need experience around them, so they can learn to become the best. Those old of us to remember 1996 also know it's those experienced players that are ultimately relied upon in the big moments, while the youngsters are learning.

I was fuming when we signed Cavani and I admit I was wrong. He may not be a big success next season, but like Cantona, hopefully his influence will be felt for years to come.

Reactions: Jippy

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Tbf the meltdown was partly caused by Man Utd. They can't come out and harp on about a cultural reset, signing young players and then sign one of the oldest top level professional footballers who had been available for a year - at the last minute.

With hindsight Cavani's makes sense. The young players need experience around them, so they can learn to become the best. Those old of us to remember 1996 also know it's those experienced players that are ultimately relied upon in the big moments, while the youngsters are learning.

I was fuming when we signed Cavani and I admit I was wrong. He may not be a big success next season, but like Cantona, hopefully his influence will be felt for years to come.
i agree but by the same measure I was arguing yesterday with a poster who reckoned Matic and Mata should also be kept around to guide the younger players. I don’t feel it would be important because they don’t play enough to guide the players and they get about 300k between them a week for not a lot of game time. You can see Cavani geeing Greenwood up the whole time. It’s a totally different thing if you’re leading on the pitch.
I can’t wait to see Cavani get some love off the fans. An actual productive #7! The jinx has been broken.

antohan

Is Forlan a close friend of Cavani? We need him to do his job in making sure Cavani stays. :drool:
Well, they played together at two World Cups and won our (record) 15th Copa América together. He sure will have checked with him before moving and Diego was actually raving about Ole and our fans on Marca very recently.

FujiVice

Yes he is. Andy Mitten actually contacted him the day he signed and said "is he still good?" to which Forlan assured him he'd do the business when fit.

United442b

There's definitely a fine line between having an older player around who can impart knowledge versus someone who is blocking youngsters coming through. It's the job of the coaching team to teach players.

A first team player should be judged on his contribution to the results on the pitch. Cavani's main job is scoring and should be judged on that. Anything else is a bonus.

STYLOISRED

There's definitely a fine line between having an older player around who can impart knowledge versus someone who is blocking youngsters coming through. It's the job of the coaching team to teach players.

A first team player should be judged on his contribution to the results on the pitch. Cavani's main job is scoring and should be judged on that. Anything else is a bonus.
He is perfect for both. He is at am age where playing 2 times a week is unfeasible. He is happy to be an option from the bench while still possessing incredible stamina and workrate on the pitch. And also producing the goals.
He has also taken up the role of mentor to a young talented foward. Very few No 9s in world football can offer what he offers this team and neither of those looks attainable currently.

sugar_kane

What’s funny is supposedly Ed Woodward wanted to sign him years ago and the Caf were saying he’s shite

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
What’s funny is supposedly Ed Woodward wanted to sign him years ago and the Caf were saying he’s shite
Yeah remember that being part of the conversation around the time LVG took over.

As much as I love having him here now, I just wish we could have experienced him in his prime. Such a waste him having played second fiddle to Ibra in a farmer's league for so long. Sublime talent.

slored1

Shut me and many others up this season. What a brilliant signing and a top player.

ColvaleGoa

Honestly thought Cavani was going to be another Falcao.

Glad he proved me wrong and will be amazing if he can stay one more year!

United442b

As much as I love having him here now, I just wish we could have experienced him in his prime. Such a waste him having played second fiddle to Ibra in a farmer's league for so long. Sublime talent.
At one point in time if you asked me about Ibrahimovic and Cavani I'd have told you both of them were useless, citing how Zlatan couldn't score against English teams and the amount of chances Edi misses :wenger:

KennyBurner

If the rumors of him staying are true he deserves a statue. He just saved our club from spending 80million on Calvert lewin. We are indebted to him. Can you believe this club?

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Brilliant news.
Is it ideal? No. But this enables us to finally sign a RW (hopefully) a DM and probably a CB.
We can worry about a Striker next summer.
This is all assuming Pogba stays, if he leaves this summer then we need an additional CM.
I wonder if he would sign on if we show real intent this summer.

Just seen it. Fantastic news if true. Already been said but the money can be spent elsewhere. RW hopefully
the quotes themselves from OGS are not as positive as the headline. It’s been a pretty difficult year for him. Hopefully games like yesterday show him what the club is about.

I think there will be some more twists in this - ideally would love this to be wrapped up quickly.