Edit menu for posts click through bug

Roosney

I tried to edit a post (on Android Chrome), the dotted menu opened alright but tapping "Edit" fired a click on the ad beneath.

It was a second attempt to edit a post within a short time, so not sure if the Edit button was disabled or something.

Chairman Woodie

I tried to edit a post (on Android Chrome), the dotted menu opened alright but tapping "Edit" fired a click on the ad beneath.

It was a second attempt to edit a post within a short time, so not sure if the Edit button was disabled or something.
I've encountered the same problem with the pagination links at the bottom of a page. Sometimes you click on a page number and the advert below opens instead. No issue with the pagination links at the top of a page.

Have you tried closing the advert first and then edit the post?

Last edited:

Roosney

I've encountered the same problem with the pagination links at the bottom of a page. Sometimes you click on a page number and the advert below opens instead. No issue with the pagination links at the top of a page.

Have you tried closing the advert first and then edit the post?
No but I tilted the phone into landscape position to get the desktop version of the site.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Have you tried the bug report thread? ;)

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff

Ok this should be resolved. I've changed it so that "Edit" is not in a drop down menu. From what I can see that's the only item in that menu for most members so might as well just show the link inline at all times. This should avoid the issue of accidental clicks.

Can you confirm @Roosney?

Roosney

Ok this should be resolved. I've changed it so that "Edit" is not in a drop down menu. From what I can see that's the only item in that menu for most members so might as well just show the link inline at all times. This should avoid the issue of accidental clicks.

Can you confirm @Roosney?
Thanks, I'll test with this post.

Edit: works, as well as the "Delete" item under the dropdown menu did not trigger the ad click.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Thanks, I'll test with this post.

Edit: works, as well as the "Delete" item under the dropdown menu did not trigger the ad click.
Ah, I forgot about that Delete link. Can you confirm that is now outside the drop down menu also?