Edouard Mendy | Chelsea player

TheReligion

Abusive
Not just a secret Chelsea fan but also an ITK?
Someone's got to give your transfer committee a hand after the colossal waste of money thrown about on flops in the summer!

You can't get much wrong with a freebie.

brzez

I'm not impressed. It's not about "errors," but it feels that he lacks alot of ability. He'll be replaced within two seasons IMHO.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Who was it saying Mendy was really good?

A shot on target is a goal with this guy.
2 shots 2-0. 20mins in.

Chief123

I’ve said it before in this thread, this keeper is bang average. It will show over the course of the season.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Who was it saying Mendy was really good?

A shot on target is a goal with this guy.
2 shots 2-0. 20mins in.
I think Duffer said he was in the ‘early’ team of the season.

He is not.

Thiagoal

His reactions don’t seem to be top class in my view. I think De Gea saves both of City’s goals

Chief123

He is not.
I can understand Chelsea fans getting excited about him after having to endure Kepa in recent seasons. But they’ll soon realise he flatters to deceive. Because he’s big he seems a much bigger presence than Kepa. But his decision making and shot saving is not great.

Both Henderson and Romero are better than this guy and they are in our reserves!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

He is not.
He's a thoroughly average keeper.
Just because he followed an absolutely ludicrously poor one seems to have massively overhyped him.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Don't think he does well for Gundogan's goal. Although it's a decent strike, Silva had the other side of the goal well covered so there was only one place it could go. Made a good save for a header later on though.

Chief123

On the verge of another disaster then! He looks shakier than a Tokyo skyscraper with 9.2 on the Richter scale! :lol:

He’s going to give the defence as much confidence as Kepa did.

Sylar

On the verge of another disaster then! He looks shakier than a Tokyo skyscraper with 9.2 on the Richter scale! :lol:

He’s going to give the defence as much confidence as Kepa did.
He still seems a huge improvement on kepa who seemed to concede from every shot on target

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Comparing him to Kepa is even more reactionary than the Nagelsmann is shit bandwagon after Liepzig's game at Old Trafford.

Sylar

Comparing him to Kepa is even more reactionary than the Nagelsmann is shit bandwagon after Liepzig's game at Old Trafford.
You can compare them. It's just that one is much better than the other :)

cyberman

Kepa started off well, to the point you lot claimed he was better than DDG, then fell to shit.
The comparison is valid imo

Pagh Wraith

Congratulations. You're the first Caf member to spell Nagelsmann correctly. Let yourself down with the 'Liepzig' though.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
Congratulations. You're the first Caf member to spell Nagelsmann correctly. Let yourself down with the 'Liepzig' though.
Loses all credit for the annoyingly common (especially on this forum) misuse of “reactionary” imo.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Much as i like Mendy, i have a nagging feeling he is a stop gap signing

Chief123

He’s continuing his clueless looking form. Would probably not have saved it but he didn’t even move. :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I've had him in my fantasy team so have been analysing him a lot more than previously.

Not great is he!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Thought I appreciated him keeping Vardy out then :)

EDIT - offside anyway.