Eduardo Camavinga | Real Madrid watch

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I thought he was a little sloppy at times, dispossessed in dangerous areas as well. But alas, I wasn’t paying a ton of attention so might just have seen a couple of not so good moments from him.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
What a talent. Would he even be playing there if Tchouameni was fit?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I thought he was a little sloppy at times, dispossessed in dangerous areas as well. But alas, I wasn’t paying a ton of attention so might just have seen a couple of not so good moments from him.
He is a bit sloppy but he also opens the game up over and over again. Probably a bit too risky to play at the base of the midfield against good teams, but he plays an important role in upping the tempo and piercing through teams. Always keen to take on the ball in difficult positions and play it forward, and wins it high quite often.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He is a bit sloppy but he also opens the game up over and over again. Probably a bit too risky to play at the base of the midfield against good teams, but he plays an important role in upping the tempo and piercing through teams. Always keen to take on the ball in difficult positions and play it forward, and wins it high quite often.
Yeah he’s a great carrier of the ball through the middle and puts his team on the front foot but probably best suited to an 8/box to box. Is Tchouameni injured or has he lost his spot to this lad?

Swedish_Plumber

He’ll be a top player. Those saying he was sloppy to start are right. Can’t be too harsh in him though after a 5-2 at anfield.

Wonder when we’ll start signing top class midfield potential:(

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah he is a bit sloppy on the ball and doesn’t have the vision Kroos/Modric do. Not only spotting runs but just the flow of the game and what it needs. A lot of improvements needed to his game, but he is young and hopefully will develop in those areas.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah he is a bit sloppy on the ball and doesn’t have the vision Kroos/Modric do. Not only spotting runs but just the flow of the game and what it needs. A lot of improvements needed to his game, but he is young and hopefully will develop in those areas.
Yeah I might have been harsh re tonight’s performance as I was watching something on my PC whilst trying to catch the match on the telly in the background. Still only 20 as well.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I like him far more as a holding midfielder rather than in the roles Valverde and Modric played today.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
What a massive shame we passed on him when we had the chance , he would have been unreal under ten hag.

RoyH1

Yeah he’s a great carrier of the ball through the middle and puts his team on the front foot but probably best suited to an 8/box to box. Is Tchouameni injured or has he lost his spot to this lad?
He wasn't available due to illness as far as I know. He's been a bit rusty after the World Cup where he played a lot for France.

Brwned

Yeah I think Tchouameni’s a lot more mature in this play there. I’d happily pay a boatload of money for either of them to play anywhere in midfield for us!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's just not a DM, lacks the awareness for it defensively, and needs to improve a lot both technically(needs to learn not to expose the ball when he turns to the right for one thing) and in decision making, the latter will come with experience.

But he's great, he has real quality on the ball, both as a passer and ball carrier. There's hope he could be Modric's heir, stylistically and in terms of his qualities he's a similar type of player

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Strange that you guys have this opinion. I do like him way more as DM. Whenever he played CM I thought he was kind of lost and with less time and space to do his brilliant ball carrying and influence games. He tended to disappear more.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Which reality did this happen in?
Weren't we linked with him back when rennes where looking to sell? I'd think we could have possibly had a decent chance of signing him had we tried hard enough.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Feck it , spend the money on Valverde. Beast of a player and is about to renew for just 6-7 million wages.

ti vu

What a massive shame we passed on him when we had the chance , he would have been unreal under ten hag.
I don't think we're really past on him. More like he's either waiting to run out his contract or Real's calling.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I wanted us to sign this lad so bad. He’s going to be such a dominant player as he matures. He would have never chosen us over Madrid. If we really broke the bank and pushed the boat out I still think he’d have held out for Madrid. It’s a lot easier negotiate when the best players only want to play for you!

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
lacks the awareness for it defensively, and needs to improve a lot both technically(needs to learn not to expose the ball when he turns to the right for one thing) and in decision making
Sounds like a Real Madrid legend already.

pascell

Weren't we linked with him back when rennes where looking to sell? I'd think we could have possibly had a decent chance of signing him had we tried hard enough.
We were heavily linked with him, it was the summer he moved to Real. They moved late in the summer transfer window too, we dallied around.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I don't think we're really past on him. More like he's either waiting to run out his contract or Real's calling.
He only had eyes for Real, and you can understand why. Especially with us in the state we were in at that time.
Fair enough, I stand corrected.
We were heavily linked with him, it was the summer he moved to Real. They moved late in the summer transfer window too, we dallied around.
Yeah it was bit disappointing to me that we didn't try harder for him even if he might have chosen real in the end anyway, a very special talent he is this fella.

Nick7

Fair enough, I stand corrected.

Yeah it was bit disappointing to me that we didn't try harder for him even if he might have chosen real in the end anyway, a very special talent he is this fella.
We apparently did try quite hard but yeah he held off for Real.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
We apparently did try quite hard but yeah he held off for Real.
Can't begrudge him for evidently taking the right choice for his career (and props to him for having the mentality to go to Madrid out of all the places in such a young age and be successful) but it will always hurt losing out on such a talent.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He wasn't available due to illness as far as I know. He's been a bit rusty after the World Cup where he played a lot for France.
Thanks Roy
Yeah I think Tchouameni’s a lot more mature in this play there. I’d happily pay a boatload of money for either of them to play anywhere in midfield for us!
Yeah, lovely how madrid seems to be easing the next generation of their rebuild in while steadily maintaining a core of their experienced players around them. With Tchouameni, Camavinga and Valverde they seem to have a decent set to replace Modric, Kroos & Casemiro - albeit a different balance and skillset but still 3 highly talented youngsters.

Brwned

Thanks Roy

Yeah, lovely how madrid seems to be easing the next generation of their rebuild in while steadily maintaining a core of their experienced players around them. With Tchouameni, Camavinga and Valverde they seem to have a decent set to replace Modric, Kroos & Casemiro - albeit a different balance and skillset but still 3 highly talented youngsters.
True! Seems like one of the best succession plans I can remember. No doubt once Kroos and Modric leave the team will totally collapse and we’ll realise that even the most talented young players going can’t step into the shoes of legends, because no-one is ever a one for one match, and you can never really account for the intangibles of experience, team cohesion etc. But they’ve given themselves the best shout of avoiding that!

Ish

Lights on for Luke
True! Seems like one of the best succession plans I can remember. No doubt once Kroos and Modric leave the team will totally collapse and we’ll realise that even the most talented young players going can’t step into the shoes of legends, because no-one is ever a one for one match, and you can never really account for the intangibles of experience, team cohesion etc. But they’ve given themselves the best shout of avoiding that!
Yeah, absolutely one of the better ways to manage a succession plan - hell, they've even won a UCL or 2 since losing legends and leaders like Ronaldo, Ramos, Varane, (Bale? :nervous: :lol:) etc. I guess it sort of also helps having these youngsters "desperate" to join you - so there's no pushback when they need to be patient and biding their time for minutes on the pitch. They are just happy to be there and perform when called upon.

But i agree with you, ultimately they'll feel the loss of Modric & Kroos (on top of losing Case) because of a multitude of factors, including intangibles. No development trajectories are linear, and in football there are no guarantees on how things will turn out.

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
I suspect he wouldn’t have started yesterday had Tchouameni been fit?

Madrid have a promising set of midfielders, however, I think they’re short of a goal scoring option in midfield, once the old guard are completely phased out. Valverde strikes a stunning ball, but he currently seems to be a scorer of great goals than a great goal scorer (for a midfielder). And I don’t think Camavinga, Tchouameni, Ceballos will score more tha. 3-4 a season each.