Eduardo Camavinga | Real Madrid watch

crossy1686

career ending
This lad will end up replacing Pogba in the France team soon, he's twice the player already.

And a lazy comparison but reminds me a lot of Seedorf and Davids.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
It matters because the way Camavinga plays and his instincts come from repetition as it is for all athletes, those repetitions are the fruit of coaching during his formative years.
Ok so every player in the world is only a product of their coaching. Come off it. I wouldn't mind but as a youth team player and also at Juve, I saw Pogba do it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Ok so every player in the world is only a product of their coaching. Come off it. I wouldn't mind but as a youth team player and also at Juve, I saw Pogba do it.
They are largely a product of their coaching, that's why youth talents are concentrated in certain countries/areas/clubs. But that's not really the point here, if you develop a player for a defensive role, he will have defensive tendencies, if you develop a player as an attacking player he will have attacking tendencies. It's no exactly a revolutionary concept.

At Le Havre Pogba was a 10, at Rennes Camavinga was a 6.

Bondi77

Could not really give a feck about this clown as he does not play for us and never will.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Would be nice to see how he handles the pressure, in some ways carlo has done him a favor by slowly bedding him in.

I was really really hyped the moment we got linked to lad and it seems it was partly warranted, while nothing is guaranteed i think he has a bright future ahead of him and with a nice attitude he could go a long way in fulfilling that promise.
Wish him the best .

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
They are largely a product of their coaching, that's why youth talents are concentrated in certain countries/areas/clubs. But that's not really the point here, if you develop a player for a defensive role, he will have defensive tendencies, if you develop a player as an attacking player he will have attacking tendencies. It's no exactly a revolutionary concept.

At Le Havre Pogba was a 10, at Rennes Camavinga was a 6.
You're not understanding what I've said. I didn't say "Camavinga is better defensively, why can't Pogba do that?" Which is what you're implying I've said and would be stupid. I'm talking about bringing their whole game together, and I do think they've got a lot of similar strengths in terms of ability. But Camavinga comes with the right attitude, whereas Pogba doesn't, he knows how he can influence a game. Camavinga seems a more mature player even given the age difference.

JPRouve

Scout
You're not understanding what I've said. I didn't say "Camavinga is better defensively, why can't Pogba do that?" Which is what you're implying I've said and would be stupid. I'm talking about bringing their whole game together, and I do think they've got a lot of similar strengths in terms of ability. But Camavinga comes with the right attitude, whereas Pogba doesn't, he knows how he can influence a game. Camavinga seems a more mature player even given the age difference.
It's not what I implied and it's baffling that you would try to interpret what I said in that way. I clearly talked about their tendencies which is why I literally mentioned their tendencies, those are based on how you are developed. Camavinga has been developed for the roles you see him play which isn't the case for Pogba who was asked to modify his game/tendencies later in his development and quite obviously he failed.

Also it's worth mentioning that Camavinga has way more professional games under his belt than Pogba had at the same age, that's one of the perks of not moving to a big club early.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Camavinga is rightly getting lots of praise in this thread as he was amazing against PSG-Chelsea and City.

However he was very poor against Atletico two days ago. Still makes rookie mistakes. Loses a lot of balls. Puts his own team players under pressure with ambitious passes. One can see the quality he has, but it's still clear that he is only 19. He needs time to improve. Right now if he was our main midfielder I think he would cost us games. I am happy he has experienced midfielder to learn from. Still long way to go for Camavinga.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Camavinga is rightly getting lots of praise in this thread as he was amazing against PSG-Chelsea and City.

However he was very poor against Atletico two days ago. Still makes rookie mistakes. Loses a lot of balls. Puts his own team players under pressure with ambitious passes. One can see the quality he has, but it's still clear that he is only 19. He needs time to improve. Right now if he was our main midfielder I think he would cost us games. I am happy he has experienced midfielder to learn from. Still long way to go for Camavinga.
The other thing to bear in mind is maybe Carlo is looking after the long term interests of the player. He has a lot of miles already in those young legs, & we've seen lots of examples of boy wonders burning out a bit earlier than usual if playing from 16.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Presumably France will go with a midfield 3 of Pogba, Kanté and Camavinga? Do they still play that 532 thing with Theo Hernandez and Coman as the wing backs?

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Presumably France will go with a midfield 3 of Pogba, Kanté and Camavinga? Do they still play that 532 thing with Theo Hernandez and Coman as the wing backs?
Deschamps won't play Camavinga, his preferred pairing is Pogba-Tchouameni in 3-5-2.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yeah better not to risk everything in a world cup year، putting too much pressure on the kid probably isnt the best idea this early in his development.

JPRouve

Scout
Deschamps won't play Camavinga, his preferred pairing is Pogba-Tchouameni in 3-5-2.
No one knows what he is going to do and there is nothing indicating that he prefers that pairing since we only saw it due to the absence of Kanté. Also it's a 3412.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
No one knows what he is going to do and there is nothing indicating that he prefers that pairing since we only saw it due to the absence of Kanté. Also it's a 3412.
Deschamps has all the tools to win the WC. It will be interesting to see if he goes with his usual players or replace the ones who are not performing.

Pogba has been out injured. Varane has been out of form. Griezmann is struggling at Atletico.

It will be a surprice if Camavinga plays for France. Lately he has only been playing for the u.21 side.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
We'll see, the praise he gave to this pairing makes me think he prefers it.
Also with Coman and Griezmann, it plays a lot more like a 352 than a 3412.

JPRouve

Scout
We'll see, the praise he gave to this pairing makes me think he prefers it.
Also with Coman and Griezmann, it plays a lot more like a 352 than a 3412.
He praised Tchouaméni, he didn't praise the pairing itself and in fact added Kanté into the mix even though he was absent, what Deschamps did was to suggest that the three of them could play together. And no it's a 3412 that looks more like a 3232 due to Théo and Coman playing very high.

---------Mbappé---Benzema
-----------------Griezmann
Théo--Pogba-Tchouaméni--Coman
------Lucas--Varane--Koundé
------------------Lloris

JPRouve

Scout
Deschamps has all the tools to win the WC. It will be interesting to see if he goes with his usual players or replace the ones who are not performing.

Pogba has been out injured. Varane has been out of form. Griezmann is struggling at Atletico.

It will be a surprice if Camavinga plays for France. Lately he has only been playing for the u.21 side.
You only replace players that are not performing for France, it's not because a player is playing for his club that he is going to play well with different players for his national team. Also the WC is in december there is a lot of time between now and then.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
He praised Tchouaméni, he didn't praise the pairing itself and in fact added Kanté into the mix even though he was absent, what Deschamps did was to suggest that the three of them could play together. And no it's a 3412 that looks more like a 3232 due to Théo and Coman playing very high.

---------Mbappé---Benzema
-----------------Griezmann
Théo--Pogba-Tchouaméni--Coman
------Lucas--Varane--Koundé
------------------Lloris
I can definitely agree on a 3232, that's what I was referring to with a 352, Griezmann is clearly asked to work with Pogba and Tchouameni in the center of the pitch.
Ballsy from you to claim "he didn't praise the pairing itself" without knowing what I was referring to. It might have worked. Here is where he praised the pairing and gives more credence to my 352 claims. But as I said, let's revisit that in a few months, we'll see how he's going to play when stakes are high.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
Great talent with great potential but he has a lot he can improve on. His body orientation when receiving the ball is terrible. He's so one footed too. I rarely see him use his right foot when he is controlling the ball. He'd rather roll his left foot over it instead of opening up his body and receiving the ball on his right foot. His posture is awful. He needs a good coach to correct those facets of his game. He would be perfect for Klopp.

JPRouve

Scout
I can definitely agree on a 3232, that's what I was referring to with a 352, Griezmann is clearly asked to work with Pogba and Tchouameni in the center of the pitch.
Ballsy from you to claim "he didn't praise the pairing itself" without knowing what I was referring to. It might have worked. Here is where he praised the pairing and gives more credence to my 352 claims. But as I said, let's revisit that in a few months, we'll see how he's going to play when stakes are high.
He praised Tchouaméni, then explained what he expects from him in relation to Pogba's tendencies and then say that on this occasion they did a good job. You are clearly mischaracterizing what he said which is surprising since there is an other answer where he actually suggests that Kanté, Tchouaméni and Pogba could play together, in that scenario you could talk about a 352 but you know perfectly that France play in 3412, which of course includes the fact that Griezmann support the CMs and the strikers depending on the phase of play.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
You only replace players that are not performing for France, it's not because a player is playing for his club that he is going to play well with different players for his national team. Also the WC is in december there is a lot of time between now and then.
I agree with that.

He however need to try others as well in the Nations League games to create backups for his main stars.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
He praised Tchouaméni, then explained what he expects from him in relation to Pogba's tendencies and then say that on this occasion they did a good job. You are clearly mischaracterizing what he said which is surprising since there is an other answer where he actually suggests that Kanté, Tchouaméni and Pogba could play together, in that scenario you could talk about a 352 but you know perfectly that France play in 3412, which of course includes the fact that Griezmann support the CMs and the strikers depending on the phase of play.
So what is it : "he didn't praise the pairing", or "say that on this occasion they did a good job" ? Saying that I'm mischaracterizing is some serious projection on your part. I said he praised the pairing, you said he didn't, I showed you when he praised it, and now you accuse me of mischaracterization ?
Anyway I like your posts so let's leave it to that.

JPRouve

Scout
I agree with that.

He however need to try others as well in the Nations League games to create backups for his main stars.
That's already the case and why I couldn't tell you who is supposed to start or who are his favorites. There has been a bunch of different combinations, systems and options.

JPRouve

Scout
So what is it : "he didn't praise the pairing", or "say that on this occasion they did a good job" ? Saying that I'm mischaracterizing is some serious projection on your part. I said he praised the pairing, you said he didn't, I showed you when he praised it, and now you accuse me of mischaracterization ?
Anyway I like your posts so let's leave it to that.
he didn't praise them, praise implies a fairly high level of approval which he didn't do. He praised Tchouaméni after a game where he played well, he described what Tchouaméni brings, put it in context with what Pogba does poorly and ended his remark by essentially saying that the potential issues weren't existent during these games and they did well.

In fact even the title of the video, support my point, "Deschamps loves Tchouaméni", Pogba is an afterthought here, Tchouaméni is the one Deschamps is focusing on.

RoyH1

he didn't praise them, praise implies a fairly high level of approval which he didn't do. He praised Tchouaméni after a game where he played well, he described what Tchouaméni brings, put it in context with what Pogba does poorly and ended his remark by essentially saying that the potential issues weren't existent during these games and they did well.

In fact even the title of the video, support my point, "Deschamps loves Tchouaméni", Pogba is an afterthought here, Tchouaméni is the one Deschamps is focusing on.
So the conclusion is the rest of us footballing nations can howl in frustration and envy at the embarrassment of riches that Deschamps has at his disposal, right.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Gonna be some player, and already is. Some impressive sub performances for Real and now in a WC final too. Will hopefully start these kinds of games soon.

Idxomer

He looked really good after coming on but obviously he's not a left-back which hurt France defensively.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
His tournament was ruined after Lucas Hernandez's injury 5mins into the World Cup. He went from first sub midfielder to being kept safe in a box as a backup LB just in case Theo Hernandez would get injured. It made sense from Deschamps' POV but it sucks for him as he would have had more opportunities to shine in his natural position. He did well considering, and he'll be a mainstay in the squad for the next dozen years.

JPRouve

Scout
His tournament was ruined after Lucas Hernandez's injury 5mins into the World Cup. He went from first sub midfielder to being kept safe in a box as a backup LB just in case Theo Hernandez would get injured. It made sense from Deschamps' POV but it sucks for him as he would have had more opportunities to shine in his natural position. He did well considering, and he'll be a mainstay in the squad for the next dozen years.
I have been thinking about him and I'm quite happy with his tournament. After a difficult comeback, he has done well in an unfamiliar role in important games. I think that he is the missing piece in midfield and I'm confident in his ability to settle.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
I have been thinking about him and I'm quite happy with his tournament. After a difficult comeback, he has done well in an unfamiliar role in important games. I think that he is the missing piece in midfield and I'm confident in his ability to settle.
Yea you can tell LB is not his position (apparently he started playing as LB but became a midfielder while at Rennes academy), but despite obvious flaws due to inexperience and not playing in his position, he has been able to show why he's such a good player. His ability to carry the ball, his energy and willingness to always go forward are things that could have helped us in midfield during games where we struggled like the last 3 ones in the WC. After going back and forth with the U23's, I think he has won his place in the squad with this tournament with his attitude and play, should Deschamps continue as a the national manager.

JPRouve

Scout
Yea you can tell LB is not his position (apparently he started playing as LB but became a midfielder while at Rennes academy), but despite obvious flaws due to inexperience and not playing in his position, he has been able to show why he's such a good player. His ability to carry the ball, his energy and willingness to always go forward are things that could have helped us in midfield during games where we struggled like the last 3 ones in the WC. After going back and forth with the U23's, I think he has won his place in the squad with this tournament with his attitude and play, should Deschamps continue as a the national manager.
Yeah, it's the kind of things that Deschamps rewards. Unless something strange happens, he should at least be the new Sissoko aka Deschamps's favorite. :lol:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
He was never the first sub midfielder, he was always behind Fofana for Deschamps and even behind Guendouzi during the nations league and friendlies. Deschamps then tried him once against Denmark and he was so bad he was subbed at half time.

He barely, barely made the cut in this WC, he wouldn't be in the team if it was not for Pogba, Kante and Kamara being injured.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
It's hard to be happy with his tournament, you can only be happy about the 49 minutes he played in the final because he only played 1 other games and was easily the worst player on the pitch in a terrible performance. Obviously he was playing as a left back so it was a tough job for him but he got eviscerated by Ben Slimane and Kechrida and brought nothing on the table on the ball.

At one point, Camavinga will need to be consistently good when he starts one or several games in a row, looking great when he's subbed in after 60mn won't be enough (it's also pretty much what he's showing for Real Madrid).

JPRouve

Scout
It's hard to be happy with his tournament, you can only be happy about the 49 minutes he played in the final because he only played 1 other games and was easily the worst player on the pitch in a terrible performance. Obviously he was playing as a left back so it was a tough job for him but he got eviscerated by Ben Slimane and Kechrida and brought nothing on the table on the ball.

At one point, Camavinga will need to be consistently good when he starts one or several games in a row, looking great when he's subbed in after 60mn won't be enough (it's also pretty much what he's showing for Real Madrid).
I only shared my feeling, you are free to have yours. I thought that he didn't deserve to be in the team before the WC, in that context I'm quite happy with his World Cup because the major flaws that he had shown previously were largely absent. I saw improvements in his attitude and promises for the future, so I'm quite happy.

slored1

He's an absolute gem. Bossed the midfield and showed so much maturity as a lone 6 tonight. What a star.