Eduardo Camavinga | Real Madrid watch

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I haven't really watched Rennes this season, so I can't really help you. I'll try to have a look.

Needham

16 is a bit risky. Butty will put him straight in the tumble dryer.

passing-wind

Plays beyond the relativity of his years, I read somewhere he's got some of the best tackling stats in europe ? Unsure if it's true but his defensive capabilities are quite high he reminds me of Ndidi and in some respects AWB with tackling from unorthodox angles. He also seems to have a good range of passing and can accurately ping the ball around the park. We should seriously be monitoring his development.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Plays beyond the relativity of his years, I read somewhere he's got some of the best tackling stats in europe ? Unsure if it's true but his defensive capabilities are quite high he reminds me of Ndidi and in some respects AWB with tackling from unorthodox angles. He also seems to have a good range of passing and can accurately ping the ball around the park. We should seriously be monitoring his development.
If he's a special talent ala Fabregas/Iniesta (not of that type but quality) then we should go for him early as his price is only going to skyrocket and right now given the club he's at we will have a good shot if we're willing to flex our muscles. It would be great to have two highly regarded young midfield talents in him and Mejbri at the club. Feels like this football club has forgotten the importance of excellence in midfield.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Scored a late winner against Lyon today.

Looks like a great talent.

If we buy him we should loan him right back to his current club and let them finish his development. I am dead serious. He's playing regular footbal right now, yes? Not EPL but still against PSG and Lyon etc. - miles above compared to playing in our under 18s, or even a Championship loan. Why would we bring him and have him do that or worse - be third fiddle to Martial and Greenwood?

If we buy him it will be a long-term investment, but we should let him play in Europe's top flight

I'd love for to aggressively pursue the best young talent in Europe. Suits the ethos and history of the club too.
I agree. We seem to have been missing out on boost in creativity and attacking variety that comes from bringing players from diverse backgrounds. We either focus too much on "home-grown talent" or buy shite players from Europe who fade out, like Dalot.

Last edited:

stu_1992

Looks like a great talent.

If we buy him we should loan him right back to his current club and let them finish his development. I am dead serious. He's playing regular footbal right now, yes? Not EPL but still against PSG and Lyon etc. - miles above compared to playing in our under 18s, or even a Championship loan. Why would we bring him and have him do that or worse - be third fiddle to Martial and Greenwood?

If we buy him it will be a long-term investment, but we should let him play in Europe's top flight

I agree. We seem to have been missing out on boost in creativity and attacking variety that comes from bringing players from diverse backgrounds. We either focus too much on "home-grown talent" or buy shite players from Europe who fade out, like Dalot.
He's a midfield player, and mostly a deep lying one at that. Those players are not relevant in this conversation at all. His competition would be our mostly non-existent midfield. However you are correct that he would still get more starts at Rennes as he starts every game for them. I think he'd get his fair share here too though. Anyway a very talented young player. I'm a big fan from what I've seen, and especially when I saw him live. That goal above is something he hadn't shown until now, but it is very good indeed.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Rennes reportedly want €100m for him. Hopefully he can stay longer in France and not waste his career abroad for money.

NewGlory

Rennes reportedly want €100m for him. Hopefully he can stay longer in France and not waste his career abroad for money.
That is insanity. We may not get that much even for world-cup-winner Pogba

passing-wind

I'd love for to aggressively pursue the best young talent in Europe. Suits the ethos and history of the club too.
Considering our uncertainty with top four and consistency of the team under Solskjaer I don't see why this isn't a strategy, because we will not be signing any world class players given our current circumstances. Its also more cost effective. We have one of the thinnest midfields by way of quality it's imperative we look for the millennials of this age.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
That is insanity. We may not get that much even for world-cup-winner Pogba
They certainly won't get that and get even less if Camavinga tries to force a move and runs down his contract but it's a sign they won't accept getting lowballed.

Hoof the ball

That's the thing, isn't it? Madrid have identified superb talent early enough and pulled the trigger on the purchase before their respective values skyrocket. Rather than purchase potentially promising kids who will take 3-4 years to come to fruition, Madrid have invested in wonderkids on the cusp.

NewGlory

That's the thing, isn't it? Madrid have identified superb talent early enough and pulled the trigger on the purchase before their respective values skyrocket. Rather than purchase potentially promising kids who will take 3-4 years to come to fruition, Madrid have invested in wonderkids on the cusp.
Who do you mean? Who are the wonderkids on the cusp that RM has purchased recently?

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Who do you mean? Who are the wonderkids on the cusp that RM has purchased recently?
Vinicius and Rodrygo are the most high profile ones, Valverde is also looking like a big hit now. Odegaard and Kubo are low risk high reward punts. There are also Varane and many others before.

Hoof the ball

This last year? Kubo, for one. Eighteen and is already a feature player on loan in La Liga. Also, Rodrygo. Has played 14 games and scored 7 goals, 4 of which come in the Champions League. Another one ready to have a breakout season very soon. They've recruited young players who could feature for them sooner rather than later. Hell, ask the Madrid fans; they love Kubo and Rodrygo.

NewGlory

Vinicius and Rodrygo are the most high profile ones, Valverde is also looking like a big hit now. Odegaard and Kubo are low risk high reward punts. There are also Varane and many others before.
Thank you

This last year? Kubo, for one. Eighteen and is already a feature player on loan in La Liga. Also, Rodrygo. Has played 14 games and scored 7 goals, 4 of which come in the Champions League. Another one ready to have a breakout season very soon. They've recruited young players who could feature for them sooner rather than later. Hell, ask the Madrid fans; they love Kubo and Rodrygo.
Thank you

freeurmind

weak willed
Turned over to that match on the TV about a minute ago after reading your post and he's already done something impressive :lol:. Lovely long pass there but the striker fluffed the chance and was marginally offside anyway.
Wasn't his best game overall but he still had moments. Definitely someone we should be looking at.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I think he'd fit right now in the starting XI, he might need a bit of time to adapt to a new league/speed/environment, but the competition is nowhere far out of his current ability, nevermind his potential. But if Rennes are talking about 100m, it'll have to be the waiting game because what it really means is 60-70m and that's still far too much for him right now.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I'm impressed. He seems like a top class DM in the making. His style looks a bit like how Pogba possibly would have played if he was interested in that position. He has some flair to him that I like.

Any links to us being interested? Would make a lot of sense to go in for this guy with the gaps in our squad.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman

Hope we'll be in for him. One can hope, right?

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

Hope we'll be in for him. One can hope, right?
Only way, I see him coming here is with a manager like Pochettino who has a history of developing young players. Mino Raiola stated that he wouldn’t let his player come here because of the environment at the moment where even pele or Madonna would be ruined. I feel a lot of young players are starting to be concerned about coming here. We need to change that perspective.

bucky

Only way, I see him coming here is with a manager like Pochettino who has a history of developing young players. Mino Raiola stated that he wouldn’t let his player come here because of the environment at the moment where even pele or Madonna would be ruined. I feel a lot of young players are starting to be concerned about coming here. We need to change that perspective.
Yeah, let's ignore what has happened this season with Rashford, Martial, McTominay, Greenwood and Williams.