Eduardo Camavinga | Real Madrid watch

luke511

He'd be an incredible signing but he's got Real Madrid written all over him. He's statistically the best defensive midfielder in the top 5 leagues in Europe at 17 years old, literally every major club will want him.

Last edited:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He'd be an incredible signing but he's got Real Madrid written all over him, he's statistically the best defensive midfielder in the top 5 leagues in Europe at 16 years old, literally every major club will want him.
Is that true or are we just talking out of -21 players?

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Yeah, let's ignore what has happened this season with Rashford, Martial, McTominay, Greenwood and Williams.
Ole doesn’t really resonate with player development at the moment. Regardless, of the players you mentioned, do you think a young player would say, I am eager to join Manchester United because of Ole? Frankie De Jong positively named dropped Pochettino when Spurs had rumored interest in him. I don’t see United under this manager and environment being able to attract such a player.

bucky

Ole doesn’t really resonate with player development at the moment. Regardless, of the players you mentioned, do you think a young player would say, I am eager to join Manchester United because of Ole? Frankie De Jong positively named dropped Pochettino when Spurs had rumored interest in him. I don’t see United under this manager and environment being able to attract such a player.
Not sure why I should ignore the players I've mentioned, when there's been a clear improvement individually from them during Ole's time here. Solskjaer himself rightfully would point to that, if he was talking to a young player about why he should join us. With Hannibal Mejbri we've also signed one of the most talented and sought after teenagers, who could have gone probably to any club around Europe.

Amadaeus

Not sure why I should ignore the players I've mentioned, when there's been a clear improvement individually from them during Ole's time here. Solskjaer himself rightfully would point to that, if he was talking to a young player about why he should join us. With Hannibal Mejbri we've also signed one of the most talented and sought after teenagers, who could have gone probably to any club around Europe.
Manchester United has a great youth academy, so I m not surprised that we got Mejbri. That is where most of the players you mentioned developed and applied their trade. These players growth trajectory was always going to be positive unless we had a manager who is grossly unqualified for the position or doesn’t promote youth development. However, I m not talking about buying players to play in our youth academy. I m talking about buying players to play in our first team, where we have a manager not known for developing youth player.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Absolute fecking twaddle. You are just ignoring CLEAR development with the help of hear say and rumor just to fit your Poch nonsense.

Amadaeus

Absolute fecking twaddle. You are just ignoring CLEAR development with the help of hear say and rumor just to fit your Poch nonsense.
Is their Development soley down to Ole? Let me give you a good basis to formulate your arguments. Kane and Ali was average players before becoming superstars. None of the players mentioned in that list was average. Maybe Williams? But I m not sure. They were always going to be highly rated. You can say then Camiviga fits that narrative. However, if he does, then most managers should be able to develop his capabilities. Then the question becomes, why should I come to United, when I can go to a team like Dortmund similar to Haland? All in all, Ole needs to show exceptional capabilities in developing young players like Poch has. However, the way he has handle injuries to our players is a concern. Moreover, his footballing philosophy.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
His agenda is embarrassing. Hijacks so many threads daily by bringing up Poch. And the mods never do anything about it despite him getting called out and his vitriol leading to endless amount of off topic posts every time.

bucky

Manchester United has a great youth academy, so I m not surprised that we got Mejbri. That is where most of the players you mentioned developed and applied their trade. These players growth trajectory was always going to be positive unless we had a manager who is grossly unqualified for the position or doesn’t promote youth development. However, I m not talking about buying players to play in our youth academy. I m talking about buying players to play in our first team, where we have a manager not known for developing youth player.
So in your opinion how Williams and Greenwood have done this season has nothing to with Solskjaer/his staff and is all about our academy? McTominay was quite clearly playing better than he was under Mourinho, same can be said for Martial and Rashford, that has also nothing to do with Solskjaer and is just them getting better on their own?

mwake

Supports
Liverpool
His agent is Raiola right? 100m if so with an unfavourable release clause to boot

Amadaeus

So in your opinion how Williams and Greenwood have done this season has nothing to with Solskjaer/his staff and is all about our academy? McTominay was quite clearly playing better than he was under Mourinho, same can be said for Martial and Rashford, that has also nothing to do with Solskjaer and is just them getting better on their own?
Greenwood and Williams were playing some amazing football in the academy. So the staff and coaches there deserve a lot more credit. Ole continued upon that approach and did a good job not effecting their progression. So, Ole had a part. The main part he played was not signing top players that would have displaces them as most fan would have wanted on here. He gave them game time and believed in their abilities. However, now some fans complain about our team not being good enough. Credit to Ole for giving them a chance, but that is what it comes down to. Them having a chance to showcase their natural talent. It is not tactical. Rashford has always played in an dynamic false wing role, Martial played no.9 for lvg, Mctominay was Mourinho best player choice, and Greenwood and Williams has done well in the academy and got the opportunity to showcase that. You have to look at Chong and Gomes and question, what has happened to them, if you want a better idea of Ole development capabilities. These players were also highly rated in our academy.

bucky

Greenwood and Williams were playing some amazing football in the academy. So the staff and coaches there deserve a lot more credit. Ole continued upon that approach and did a good job not effecting their progression. So, Ole had a part. The main part he played was not signing top players that would have displaces them as most fan would have wanted on here. He gave them game time and believed in their abilities. However, now some fans complain about our team not being good enough. Credit to Ole for giving them a chance, but that is what it comes down to. Them having a chance to showcase their natural talent.
:lol: to quote @Ramshock: absolute fecking twaddle.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Only way, I see him coming here is with a manager like Pochettino who has a history of developing young players. Mino Raiola stated that he wouldn’t let his player come here because of the environment at the moment where even pele or Madonna would be ruined. I feel a lot of young players are starting to be concerned about coming here. We need to change that perspective.
Is Raiola his agent? That sucks.

As for you taking his word for it when he says United will ruin good players, nobody cares. It is only relevant in that this player might listen to Raiola, so it sucks if that's his agent. I highy doubt every good young player in Europe has time to sit at home and fantasise about Pochettino for years just to form an opinion close to yours.

pascell

Apologies for the bump. L'Equipe are running a story saying that the former Stade Rennais president got sacked as he spoke with Real Madrid about them taking Camavinga before the summer window without informing others at the club.

Looks like Real might get themselves another bright young talent here, he'll have 2 years left on his contract come summer, hopefully Stade Rennais can get themselves a better figure than they did with Ousmane Dembele.

RoyH1

We should offer 20, 30 million more than what Madrid offers. We can offer him first team football, which Madrid at the moment cannot. This kid is an amazing player.

stu_1992

We should offer 20, 30 million more than what Madrid offers. We can offer him first team football, which Madrid at the moment cannot. This kid is an amazing player.
You'd probably be talking like 80 million euro then! I agree the kid is very impressive and I was very impressed having seen him live, but not sure about that money considering our situation and his age.

Okey

You just look at the kid play and you see superstar written all over him. His level for his age is just unreal. Not quite ready to start at the top teams though. He'll have to understudy Casemiro if he goes to Madrid, which isn't a problem if he doesn't mind. United's situation means a Partey or Zakaria would be a safer bet. Already seasoned pros and internationals so in theory should handle a big club better. We don't have a star DM for him to understudy and a rookie DM might be too much of a gamble. So, as good as he is, this is one where it might just not be the right fit for us at the moment...

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
You just look at the kid play and you see superstar written all over him. His level for his age is just unreal. Not quite ready to start at the top teams though. He'll have to understudy Casemiro if he goes to Madrid, which isn't a problem if he doesn't mind. United's situation means a Partey or Zakaria would be a safer bet. Already seasoned pros and internationals so in theory should handle a big club better. We don't have a star DM for him to understudy and a rookie DM might be too much of a gamble. So, as good as he is, this is one where it might just not be the right fit for us at the moment...
There's no way I would pass him up for the reasons outlined. I'd even make do with what we have here a season or two whilst bringing him through than let him go elsewhere.

He's Madrid bound, though. Can't see anyone being able to interject.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
There's no way I would pass him up for the reasons outlined. I'd even make do with what we have here a season or two whilst bringing him through than let him go elsewhere.

He's Madrid bound, though. Can't see anyone being able to interject.
Why would he be Madrid bound?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Imagine him and Wan Bissaka on the right hand side of the field. If nothing else, the amount of tackles would be absurd. :lol:

Robertd0803

Imagine him and Wan Bissaka on the right hand side of the field. If nothing else, the amount of tackles would be absurd. :lol:
Wan Bissaka would have nothing to do because nobody would be getting past Camavinga.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He'd be an incredible signing but he's got Real Madrid written all over him. He's statistically the best defensive midfielder in the top 5 leagues in Europe at 17 years old, literally every major club will want him.
Because he’s really good?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Aren't they obsessed with him? Also seems mutual, or is that not the case?
Them being obsessed doesn't mean that he is bound to join them and as far as I know he hasn't communicated, so we have no idea about what he thinks.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Them being obsessed doesn't mean that he is bound to join them and as far as I know he hasn't communicated, so we have no idea about what he thinks.
Him going there has been seen as a dead cert for a while. But if there is a chance on an open market, that'd be great news. I actually thought it was mutual, perhaps because of Zidane or Benzema or whatever, but if he does actually idolise Pogba and is open to coming here, well, that is quite the surprise.

Rocknrolla69er

Bouhfasi or however you spell it tier 1 source , has just linked us to him via get french football on twitter

stu_1992

He has never said anything about Real Madrid, don't where you guys read that but I can assure you he hasnt.
Yeah don't believe he has, but it's clear Madrid have been in talks with the club (at least the old president before he was removed) so there's clearly something in that.