Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise_old_man

For example Mbappe's dream destination is always Madrid. Do you think PSG is a stepping stone?
Frankly, yes. I take a team as a stepping stone if everyone and their dogs know a particular player of that team plans to go to another certain team in the near future. When Mbappe joined PSG, no one talked about how it would increase their profile. They only make guess on how many years until Mbappe goes to Madrid. That's the very definition of a stepping stone situation to me.

Tarrou

If I was you I would be putting money on Madrid
these odds are for the club he's at by the end of this window

I won't be putting money on this but I'd say United isn't a terrible price, all things considered

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
If I was you I would be putting money on Madrid
Agree. Those odds suggest that he’s 9 times more likely to join Utd than RM. That surely isn’t right given he’s affordable for both teams.
Betting is odd. Harland is slightly odds on (10/11) to join Chelsea. That’s ridiculously short imho

Bondi77

these odds are for the club he's at by the end of this window

I won't be putting money on this but I'd say United isn't a terrible price, all things considered
Fair enough,
You would have to put a decent bet on at 11/8 to make it worth your while and I simply have not seen enough decent info to invest at even 3 or 4/1.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Fair enough,
You would have to put a decent bet on at 11/8 to make it worth your while and I simply have not seen enough decent info to invest at even 3 or 4/1.
Exactly. I think he’s probably 11/8 to leave his current club full stop

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Frankly, yes. I take a team as a stepping stone if everyone and their dogs know a particular player of that team plans to go to another certain team in the near future. When Mbappe joined PSG, no one talked about how it would increase their profile. They only make guess on how many years until Mbappe goes to Madrid. That's the very definition of a stepping stone situation to me.
Totally. But it’s a hostage taking stepping stone because PSG see themselves as major power players in the world game. Rather than the artificially juiced little lib they are. So anyone going there thinking they can easily move on to bigger things, needs their head checked. Top players going to PSG are stepping into near irrelevance. I have no doubt they’ll eventually win a CL, but everyone in the game knows it’ll permanently have an asterisk next to it. I fully expect PSG to throw money and pressure and maybe even threats at Mbappe until he signs a new contract. That club and their owners are as villainous as they come in football.

Strelok

By this definition we were already a stepping stone club long time ago. Since everyone and their dog knew Ronaldo would eventually go to Madrid. All the noises and the new contract each summer.

Let's be honest here if we use this logic probably only Madrid and Barcelona are not a stepping stone club.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
This stepping stone thing is a BS tbh. Varane seem set to move to United in his prime. ADM did the same a few years back. Does that make Real a stepping stone club? Of course not. The media twist that around as Real not willing to pay the salaries the players are asking for. Yet when the same thing happens with United then hell is set loose, United are a stepping stone to some bigger and better club.

The reality is simple really. Money is all that matters. If we gave Ronaldo silly money then he probably wouldn't have left. Unfortunately Real/Barca were paying silly salaries back then which meant that suddenly every player 'dreamt' to play for Real/Barca. With Real/Barca running dry then expect players to suddenly start dreaming to play elsewhere. That what happened after AC Milan's money well dried up.

chris123

From Ornstein's latest in The Athletic:

"Rennes would prefer a fee to losing him for nothing but the club have extremely wealthy owners and will only sell at the right price.

Manchester United are among the clubs who are interested in the 18-year-old midfielder — they have scouted him for two years — but, as with Varane, they are likely to be patient in the hope the price will go down as the end of the window nears.

Real Madrid have been monitoring Camavinga for over a year now, but their tricky financial situation and the number of other young midfielders in their current squad make a bid this summer very unlikely."

This is probably the transfer likeliest to drag on until the end of the window. I don't think we are out of it by any means, but it will basically come down to Rennes wanting to sell this summer (with us really the only likely destination) vs. how strong the desire is for him to play in Spain.

Reactions: Cheimoon

croadyman

I don't think we have the money, until we sell.
Yeah absolutely convinced about that and know he doesn't know anything but surprising to see Howson give it 5/10 on his weekend transfer review which is surprisingly high for him this early

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
With the lack of solid links I would have expected a 3/10 maybe even a 2
There’s been loads of links coming from solid sources in France? He’s also been liking everything our players stick up online. We’ve probably asked Rennes to be kept in the loop if they receive any bids, he’s surely aware of our interest but we are currently working on Varane and Tripp by the sounds of things. The loudest noise from his camp has always been that he’d rather go to Spain which is fair enough but if Rennes eventually start trying to push him out the door later in the summer it’ll probably be a choice between Utd PSG Bayern or Chelsea/running his deal down or even finally signing a new deal with the understanding he can go as soon as one of the big Spanish teams can pay up…

We probably haven’t forced the issue to let him asses his options properly and sound out the Spanish and make his mind up without any pressure from us. We obviously don’t want to sign him and for him to be pulling a you know who after his second season here….

I can understand why nobody could say a deal is close to being done but we are clearly interested…

Bondi77

There’s been loads of links coming from solid sources in France? He’s also been liking everything our players stick up online. We’ve probably asked Rennes to be kept in the loop if they receive any bids, he’s surely aware of our interest but we are currently working on Varane and Tripp by the sounds of things. The loudest noise from his camp has always been that he’d rather go to Spain which is fair enough but if Rennes eventually start trying to push him out the door later in the summer it’ll probably be a choice between Utd PSG Bayern or Chelsea/running his deal down or even finally signing a new deal with the understanding he can go as soon as one of the big Spanish teams can pay up…

We probably haven’t forced the issue to let him asses his options properly and sound out the Spanish and make his mind up without any pressure from us. We obviously don’t want to sign him and for him to be pulling a you know who after his second season here….

I can understand why nobody could say a deal is close to being done but we are clearly interested…
If you think we are clearly interested then what do you base that on and please don’t offer up that Romano or some other similar hack muppet as proof.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If you think we are clearly interested then what do you base that on and please don’t offer up that Romano or some other similar hack muppet as proof.
The Tier 1 sources have mentioned it which including Bouhafsi the most reliable one in France reported it 3 weeks ago.

Translate: As announced here 1 month ago, Manchester #United has officially expressed interest in #Camavinga . Man United will even meet his entourage next week to convince him to join United. The #PSG remains the priority of the player. He would like to stay in .”

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The Tier 1 sources have mentioned it which including Bouhafsi the most reliable one in France reported it 3 weeks ago.

Translate: As announced here 1 month ago, Manchester #United has officially expressed interest in #Camavinga . Man United will even meet his entourage next week to convince him to join United. The #PSG remains the priority of the player. He would like to stay in .”
This. Good reply. There’s too much smoke. Doesn’t sound like the player is super keen to commit anything yet though

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Which makes keeping Lingard around seem a very odd decision to me.
West Ham wants him on the cheap which might have triggered United's response of him having a future here.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

Yep, we clearly have some level of interest. The links to him and to Saul, seem to me to be best interpreted as potential Pogba replacements. Whether we’ll act on either will probably depend on how Pogba responds this summer to a contract renewal. Personally I’d take 40-50mm for Pogba this summer and reinvest it either of those two. Both have better engines and aren’t short of technical ability. They’d give us more balance in the number 8 role me thinks.

roseguy64

Yep, we clearly have some level of interest. The links to him and to Saul, seem to me to be best interpreted as potential Pogba replacements. Whether we’ll act on either will probably depend on how Pogba responds this summer to a contract renewal. Personally I’d take 40-50mm for Pogba this summer and reinvest it either of those two. Both have better engines and aren’t short of technical ability. They’d give us more balance in the number 8 role me thinks.
How is Camavinga a Pogba replacement?

Bondi77

How is Camavinga a Pogba replacement?
I am lost as well??
How these two are compared to as players is beyond me.
All this bull about if PSG cannot get Pogba then they will go for Camavinga tells me that the profile of player they are targeting is one who is black and over 6ft and that makes no sense whatsoever.
I can understand our interest as we have many attacking players but we do not have a top defensive one but as I have stated before I can only see the young man mention Madrid and nothing about us so we know where his heart lies.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
This link seems to be a little quiet now, I assume the genuine interest we have in Camavinga is based on outgoings and how much Varane may cost??

CG1010

If he does end up running down his contract and leaving for free, isn't it a dick move by him? Robbing his parent club which developed and believed in him of any transfer fee.

izec

If he does end up running down his contract and leaving for free, isn't it a dick move by him? Robbing his parent club which developed and believed in him of any transfer fee.
I dont think he cares if that secures him a move to Madrid.

Pavl3n

Yep. I thought so.

As soon as we announce Sancho and (hopefully) Varane we'll shift our attention to a midfielder. I suspect within a week or so after that we'll find out if this transfer will happen or not.
I think we're ready to sit down with him to discuss his future, our project and whether he fancies joining us or not. I could well see us move on pretty quick if the player is not 100% convinced he wants to join us or if there's something fishy about the deal. We saw last summer how quickly we gave up on Regullion after Madrid's terms were definitely not suiting us.

Siorac

I'd rather sign young British talent who we know will want to end their career at United. We should only sign non-British talent when they are between 23-28 years of age (e.g., Bruno). I believe that's how United have always operated.
It's a good thing you weren't in charge in 2003, otherwise a certain Portuguese winger would never have ended up at United.

Incidentally, a homegrown British player near his peak left United for Real Madrid that very same summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.