Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotherham_red

At first I was very unsure of going in for someone who doesn't want to be here. However, after thinking on it a little more, if we have him for 2-3 years and then flip him to PSG or one of the Spanish clubs (unlikely) for a potential £100m+ windfall and use the proceeds on Bellingham, then I think it would be worth it.

Not to mention by that point Garner and Hannibal will be pretty much oven ready for a proper first team shot.

Go on Jonny lad, get it done!

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Why does everyone wanna go PSG these days. I can understand Real Madrid given their history, but why these lot?
He is French so he gets to stay in France and close to his family. He will get paid a shit ton of money. He will compete in the UCL every year guaranteed. He gets to play alongside some top players.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I always felt confident that we'd get Sancho and Varane once we started to get linked with them, but I just don't feel the same about Camavinga for some reason.

We've had a lot of reports now stating that we're not his first choice, which isn't the end of the world, but I can see us moving on to other targets personally.

I'm off the muppet train on this one.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I didn't realise that Johnathan Barnett was Camavinga's agent, United are obviously in his good books after the way the Varane deal was negotiated..

I have previously picked up on how Romano has emphasized that United Love Camavinga, and now Bouhafsi is apparently giving some hope too...
Never know, this one might actually have some legs to it.
I just hope that we don't hear the same old nonsense about only getting a Midfielder if Pogba leaves, because the other side of that coin means that United are perfectly content with the quartet of Mata, Matic & McFred

slyadams

Why does a Frenchman want to go to a French team that’s capable of competing for the UCL?
If you grew up say an Arsenal fan and had the chance to move to a bigger club, would Liverpool or Man City be a bigger draw than Dortmund or Barca etc.? Not for me. Depends on the character I suppose.

devil99

Find it hard to believe agent and player disagree but I guess their preferences are different but of course the agent will do what the player wants.
then you don't understand the power of agents. Just ask Jorge Mendes and numerous clients he pushed to Wolves. Barnett is one of top agents out there.

georgipep

At first I was very unsure of going in for someone who doesn't want to be here. However, after thinking on it a little more, if we have him for 2-3 years and then flip him to PSG or one of the Spanish clubs (unlikely) for a potential £100m+ windfall and use the proceeds on Bellingham, then I think it would be worth it.

Not to mention by that point Garner and Hannibal will be pretty much oven ready for a proper first team shot.

Someone is reading Pauly's blog ;)

Marcus

All the talk is about him being reluctant to join United. If that's the case, no thanks. We had better avoid him.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.

We haven't sold anybody for a "windfall" kind of money, let alone £100m+ ever since Fergi left, have we?

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Why does everyone wanna go PSG these days. I can understand Real Madrid given their history, but why these lot?
Unlimited amount of oil money

" Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, ruler of Qatar, has been PSG's owner since 2011 through state-run shareholding organization Qatar Sports Investments (QSI)."

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Me and him are about the same age - we have about the same trophy haul as well. Does that make me a top manager as well ? :)
Nah, no top club will want you as their manager. Plus, I doubt you have won any trophies as well, which Pochettino has. Pochettino has big clubs lining up for him and it is no surprise that the great players of all time is attracted to playing for him at psg. If Pochettino wasn't there, I would fancy that Messi would have gone to City, Chelsea, or if we had a top manager United.

Nevertheless, Pochettino is building a monster of a team at psg same way he did at Spurs.

Glorio

Nah, no top club will want you as their manager. Plus, I doubt you have won any trophies as well, which Pochettino has. Pochettino has big clubs lining up for him and it is no surprise that the great players of all time is attracted to playing for him at psg. If Pochettino wasn't there, I would fancy that Messi would have gone to City, Chelsea, or if we had a top manager United.

Nevertheless, Pochettino is building a monster of a team at psg same way he did at Spurs.
You think Man Utd, Man City, or Chelsea actually actively pursued Messi with the fees he demands? I don't believe so at all. There was probably only one team in the running.

Regarding the bolded, I'm quite certain Pochettino is not rated higher than Pep, so beyond him and Messi being countrymen, I don't believe Poch would have anywhere near the pull of Pep. Let's not make this what it's not.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I don't think the coach had anything to do with it, it's money, project, the fact that he has a lot of friends at PSG who have been wanting for him to come, and one of the best chances at winning the Champion's league where he won't be absolutely depended on to win the league on top of it. It's a great situation because there is still the enormous pressure of having to win the CL with that squad, but it's balanced out without as much pressure in doing everything to win the league. On paper, PSG is definitely a contender for best team in the world if he joins, but paper means absolutely nothing in the end so let's see how it shapes up, but I'm thrilled to see Neymar, Mbappe, and possibly Messi lining up for a season at least, it's straight out of a video game. I couldn't blame a young player like Camavinga wanting to get in on it, especially since he could actually find plenty of time on the field.

Last edited:

CG1010

:lol:

Edit:

When Varane joins United - its because of money/club and not the manager
When Messi joins PSG - its because of Pochettino

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bit wierd for Messi to be playing week in week out in the French league. Just seem right after 15 odd years of La Liga. Also, while PSG have had a brilliant summer, their defence still doesn't look great to me? Ramos is past it. Hakimi is very attacking. Seem to be setting themsleves up for being overly attacking which could cost them in the CL too

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Bit wierd for Messi to be playing week in week out in the French league. Just seem right after 15 odd years of La Liga. Also, while PSG have had a brilliant summer, their defence still doesn't look great to me? Ramos is past it. Hakimi is very attacking. Seem to be setting themsleves up for being overly attacking which could cost them in the CL too
I think Kimpembe and Marquinhos are fine, and Ramos has to show he's still got it but if he does then they are solid back there as well, plus Donnarumma is an upgrade at GK even though Navas has been excellent.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

This is mad. :lol:

Only 2 teams could get Messi and that's City and PSG. If you don't see the similarity between those 2 it's very obvious.

Anyway, Pochhetino's use of a certain type of striker like Osvaldo, Lambert, Kane, Llorente, Icardi should be interesting to see playing with Messi.

lysglimt

Scout

Pochettino built a monster of a team at Spurs - and then completely destroyed the same team 1 year later. Anyone can build a monster of a team if you have Mbappe, Neymar, di Maria - and someone gifts you Messi as well. You dont have to be a good manager to do that

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I am sure if Poch was at Spurs, Messi would have signed for them.

Am I doing this right?

ghagua

Let him go to PSG or Real, the player we should go for is Ilaix Moriba from Barcelona. He won't extend his contract so Barca will try and recoup some money for him this year.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Barnett should get a hefty commission for his efforts here when we extend Shaw, good man :lol:
im fairly sure shaw is already the highest paid LB in the world before he signs a new deal. We are either class at spotting future form or we just invite players into the hahaha no club could ever afford you anyway club? How is Bruno on almost 1/3 of what Pogba is? Mad enough

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Can Poch hurry up and lose a big game so you vanish for months?

Status
Not open for further replies.