Foot: Left
Squad No: 18
Current club:
Stade Rennais FC
Contract expires: June 30, 2022​
Has he joined or is this a random thread

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
It's a sick name. I can just imagine him saying "No Mr. Alli. I expect you to die." as he crunches in with a mean hook tackle and sets off with the ball on the counter.

Rocknrolla69er

Rated very highly

Its widely expected he l go to Madrid as Zidanes an admirer, seen figuee of 50m euros. His long range passings brilliant, vision and tackling also brilliant.

If we signed Camavinga and Bellingham itd be two of the best prospects in the world at their age group and positions.

Last edited:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Rated very highly

Its widely expected he l go to Madrid as Zidanes an admirer, seen figuee of £50m euros. His long range passings brilliant, vision and tackling also brilliant.

If we signed Camavinga and Bellingham itd be two of the best prospects in the world at their age group and positions.
I doubt we can afford or get both and Sancho.
Two out of three would be brilliant but Sancho has to be top of the list

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His tackling stats are insane. Depending on how his passing and dribbling ability improves, he could easily take the mantle of best CM in his age bracket.

RedNed77

Isn’t this the lad who owned PSG’s midfield when he was 16 earlier in the season? Debut too if I’m not mistaken.

stu_1992

Would be a massive fan of this move. Having seen him play live too, I think he's very much the type of midfield player we should be looking for. Wouldn't expect him to be cheap though, and it's clear Madrid are very much interested too among others I'd imagine.

For those mentioning him and Bellingham, I'd imagine it will be one or the other. Not both.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This kid's maturity is incredible at 16/17 years old. Already seems to have a fantastic IQ.

Varun1

Source: /r/reddevils Tier 1 - Bouhafsi

Manchester United are closely following Eduardo Camavinga's progression [Mohamed Bouhafsi]
Bouhafsi is in the know, but that article basically reads like all the big teams, United, Barca & Juve are watching but Real are seen as the biggest admirers. Well of course all the big teams would be watching!

passing-wind

He's got some of the best defensive stats in Europe which is ridiculous for his age. I don't see why we need to monitor his progress, it's clear as day what his attributes are.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Done a bit of digging and I think this is a potential gem of a player. Doubt we’ll get him mind!

croadyman

Positive sign that a strong French source like Bouhafsi is talking about Utd following him closely

davidmichael

Sell Pogba and replace him with Camavinga and Bellingham ? McTominay and Fred seem to be first choice pairing in a 4-2-3-1 then there’s Matic, Garner with Camavinga and Bellingham coming in so 6 people 2-3 positions depending on formation.

From what I’ve seen Camavinga looks amazing for his age although that means I’d expect Real, Barca, PSG, Bayern and Juve to all be in for him too. Our need for a player in his position is greater so hopefully (dependant on Pogba staying or going) we go all in for him and if we manage to get Sancho, Camavinga and Bellingham in the transfer window that would be a great window.

Champagne Football

This kid will de the summers Frenkie De Jong.
Madrid, PSG, Dortmund etc will be all crazy to buy him. I'd say we have a 5% chance of getting him

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
RMC just randomly mentions us alongwith multiple clubs. Real bound I think, and what a player Real Madrid is going to have

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
RMC just randomly mentions us alongwith multiple clubs. Real bound I think, and what a player Real Madrid is going to have
I think most French talents will have Madrid tunnel vision while Zidane's there, still, never say never.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Camavinga is an absolute gem of a player. I'd take him over Denis Zakaria just for his enormous potential in the long-term.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think most French talents will have Madrid tunnel vision while Zidane's there, still, never say never.
Not really, I don't even know where that idea comes from. Zidane is relevant for people of my generation but anyone younger has barely seen him and won't care much about him, if we are talking about Madrid Benzema would be the player they grow up idolizing but he isn't really that type of public figure and there isn't really one at the moment. So no the french talents don't have tunnel vision regarding Zidane, like everywhere else Messi and Ronaldo are the idols.

stu_1992

Wow that’s pretty close to a left footed Paul Pogba video highlights. Incredible he’s doing such things at 17 against a team of men
I honestly wouldn't put him down as a Paul Pogba type of player at all. He does have a great pass on him, but he's much more of a deep-lying controller type player who has more defensive duties than Pogba who's typical a "free-er" player who's asked to create, at least in the context of our team.

Varun1

What's weird is he was born in 2002. As a player he probably has no recollection of Zidane other than highlight footage.
Some in the Bellingham thread have said a similar thing about Bellingham and SAF...
These guys are professional footballers, they may not have seen them live but would have knowledge and respect of what they achieved.

Dante

Average bang
According to Whoscored, Camavinga has no mass. Maybe a photon. Possibly a gluon. Decent passing accuracy, though.

jesperjaap

I doubt we can afford or get both and Sancho.
Two out of three would be brilliant but Sancho has to be top of the list
Well personally I would like a centre back, two or even three central midfielders and a right winger.

Looking at our squad Smalling, Rojo, Jones, Sanchez, Perreira, Grant and Fosu Mensah should all be sold thats £50-60m worth

I also think Dalot (Laird can be the new back up to Bissaka), Lingard and Pogba should also be sold thats another£150m worth

That's £200m worth of players for varying reasons have not been starters super regularly.

If we were to buy for example Upamecano, Camaviga, Grealish, Bellingham and Sancho I would estimate spending about £350m.net spend of £150m, which isnt much more than we have done in the majority of the last few seasons.

I know that is all a bit football manager and not realistic but the current situation our financial strength and some of the players especially in Pogba we have of value that in my opinion are not vital, we are a position of strength for the next transfer market. We havent

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Not really, I don't even know where that idea comes from. Zidane is relevant for people of my generation but anyone younger has barely seen him and won't care much about him, if we are talking about Madrid Benzema would be the player they grow up idolizing but he isn't really that type of public figure and there isn't really one at the moment. So no the french talents don't have tunnel vision regarding Zidane, like everywhere else Messi and Ronaldo are the idols.
Not sure about that one.
They may idolize either Messi or Ronaldo but still Zidane too.
Mbappe for example had Ronaldo and Zidane as his idols
And even the younger players who didnt see him play have been told by their fathers about him, parents play an important part about players decisions at that age, imagine hearing your son will be managed by Zidane.

Cool
Apart from the stats, how highly is he rated and are there rumours we’re in for him?
Top 2 young prospects in France.
As for the 2002 age class, he,Ansu Fati and Ihattaren seems to be the top 3, and he's got more experience than the other two .

JPRouve

Scout
Not sure about that one.
They may idolize either Messi or Ronaldo but still Zidane too.
Mbappe for example had Ronaldo and Zidane as his idols
And even the younger players who didnt see him play have been told by their fathers about him, parents play an important part about players decisions at that age, imagine hearing your son will be managed by Zidane.
No they don't, the same way no one from my generation idolized Platini. They know who he is and that he was a great player but he isn't part of their childhood, at best they remember the headbutt.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

No they don't, the same way no one from my generation idolized Platini. They know who he is and that he was a great player but he isn't part of their childhood, at best they remember the headbutt.
Platini didn't have the same aura as Zidane.
There was less social media/marketing power than today in his time.
He didn't play for the most glamour club in the world nor did he win a WC.

JPRouve

Scout
Platini didn't have the same aura as Zidane.
There was less social media/marketing power than today in his time.
He didn't play for the most glamour club in the world nor did he win a WC.
Of course he did and the fact that you made that claim makes my point. Platini played for the club that everyone in France loved in the 60s-70s(Les Verts), he is the figurehead of the french national team that people actually adored(80s), the first to win a trophy and he is a multiple Ballon d'Or winner and a legend of Juventus, Serie A, Saint-Etienne and the national team. Platini's aura is way bigger than Zidane's, even for people like me who grew up with Zidane, Zidane was never the best player in the world, he was one of the best and recognized as such but he wasn't considered as clearly better than the likes of Figo, Rivaldo or Ronaldo.

Today for kids Zidane is Real Madrid's manager, that's what they actually know about him, as a player he isn't an idol for them.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Of course he did and the fact that you made that claim makes my point. Platini played for the club that everyone in France loved in the 60s-70s(Les Verts), he is the figurehead of the french national team that people actually adored(80s), the first to win a trophy and he is a multiple Ballon d'Or winner and a legend of Juventus, Serie A, Saint-Etienne and the national team. Platini's aura is way bigger than Zidane's, even for people like me who grew up with Zidane, Zidane was never the best player in the world, he was one of the best and recognized as such but he wasn't considered as clearly better than the likes of Figo, Rivaldo or Ronaldo.

Today for kids Zidane is Real Madrid's manager, that's what they actually know about him, as a player he isn't an idol for them.
When was Platini the best player in the world? Ballon d'or was European-players only back then and Maradona was playing in the same era as him.
I disagree with most of you said but It's a matter of perspective I guess, I never heard a player say that his idol was Platini but even non-french players have said that about Zidane (Ozil for example).

Anyway we're quite off-topic here, Camavinga has never said anything about Zidane or wanting to play for Madrid so seeing him at Old Trafford isn't impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.