Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

El-Manos

Let’s be honest, If we manage to get Sancho, camavinga & varane this summer, that would be tremendous business. I don’t see any other club besting that.

Judas

Open to offers
If that isn't the most obvious attempt from Camavinga's camp to try and prod PSG/Real/Barca into action.
Good luck to them. Only one out of those who they have a hope of getting a reaction out of is PSG. I genuinely think we're very much in there and it could very well happen late in the window.

hungrywing

Here you go l'il guy/gal. Say you're really into this girl/guy. You think you've got something going on, but he/she's pretty popular. You've joked about asking him/her out, and he/she hasn't really shot the idea down, leading you to think you might have a chance with him/her but your mates (what few you have, when you know your competitors are kind of more popular than you with way more friends who are telling you she's also into they/them on top of which you've seen her/him totally happy and content to hang out with they/them/it which makes you feel a bit insecure.)

Suddenly one day she posts a picture of you and her on her snapchat. Holy smokes.

Now you've got a conundrum. Is he/she REALLY into you/it, or is she actually into those/them other him/her, and trying to make them think they/them/it are about to miss out, or is he/she trying to make you stop pussyfooting around and finally make you/your move. Do you think you sort of get how this works?

Cman

I’d imagine another reason this one might be a slow burner will be our need to shift some wages of the pay bill. With Sancho and Varane(hopefully) coming in on big wages and I would think some of the younger guys coming through will sign improved contracts surely we need to sell some players before bringing a third player in on big coin?!?!

Strelok

He may be the next big thing but if he is not keen to come to us and like to follow his Madrid dream better we dont touch him.

Dont like another saga in every summer linking him to Madrid
If he'd be good as we think he should there'll be a saga each summer regardless of whether he wants Madrid or not.

United and Madrid? That sells really really well you know.

Regarding Madrid, imo their priority for the next few summers would be attackers not midfielders. They have to renew their attacking line. And if you look at their transfer history, they don't pay big money for midfielders. The big money signings are always attackers.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I find it crazy after how many hyped French players there was in the last decade that the best has arguably been Kante in terms of performances and success.

If Camavinga does choose Real Madrid then I personally wont be surprised his average League 1 performances continue and we forget about him bit by bit, season by season - like most of that Monaco or Lyon players ended up doing.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I find it crazy after how many hyped French players there was in the last decade that the best has arguably been Kante in terms of performances and success.

If Camavinga does choose Real Madrid then I personally wont be surprised his average League 1 performances continue and we forget about him bit by bit, season by season - like most of that Monaco or Lyon players ended up doing.
Yeah you never hear of ex-Monaco players, do you?
What?

OmarUnited4ever

An interesting article written by Matt Salter of The Athletic, on How data and analytics are changing how clubs approach transfers – and why Man United should sign Camavinga next

the part on Camavinga is below:-

“We’ve run the numbers on Eduardo Camavinga and we were quite shocked, actually, because he makes a massive difference, which is rare for a player so young,” says Ian McHale, a professor of sports analytics at the University of Liverpool and Real Analytics’ co-founder.

If you add the 18-year-old Frenchman’s performance profile to United’s 2020-21 squad, send it to the Google Cloud Platform and run a million simulations of next season, Camavinga earns them almost six extra points on his own (from 65.8 to 71.7), improves the top-four finish forecast to nearly 70 per cent and lifts their title hopes to 6.4 per cent.

Getting better, right?

Wait until you hear what adding Camavinga and Sancho and Real Madrid centre-back Raphael Varane would do for your chances: an improvement of more than 10 points (65.8 to 76.2), an 87 per cent chance of a top-four finish and a 14.7 per cent chance of a first championship since Sir Alex Ferguson retired.

That trio, according to McHale, would lift United from a scrap for the fourth and final Champions League place into a head-to-head battle with old chums Liverpool for second place

hungrywing

An interesting article written by Matt Salter of The Athletic, on How data and analytics are changing how clubs approach transfers – and why Man United should sign Camavinga next

the part on Camavinga is below:-
Does the article mention their criteria for calculating the point improvement comparison:

Camavinga earns them almost six extra points on his own (from 65.8 to 71.7), improves the top-four finish forecast to nearly 70 per cent and lifts their title hopes to 6.4 per cent.
In American baseball, the player being analyzed in such ‘earns the team X more points/wins’ fashion gets compared to a sort of amorphous ‘league average’ player in his position (it can get more complicated from there).

Just wondering if it’s covered elsewhere in the piece.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
What was that?
We signed him. 30 million plus add ons...;)

Seems the tweet is deleted.
It wasn't much, tbh. Just the Rennes owner reiterating what we already know. Bid big and he's yours. Don't and Camavinga will leave on a free next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.